Royal Gossip
November 18, 2017, 02:37:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Howard Stern: Kate Middleton looked 'ugly' at Royal Wedding  (Read 53617 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2012, 07:17:24 am »

Why do people object to hearing the truth? If anyone ended up dressing like Kate did at her wedding, there would have been snickers and leering. But for some reason Kate is marrying William and in Westminster Abbey and go figure, is apparently allowed to get away with it?

Sometimes too much make up can make you look twice your age and haggard than what it is meant to do... bring out your features, add a little more character and presentable. I work with a girl who wears the whole nine yards on her face. Draws her eye brows on, liquid eyeliner that isnt applied properly and way too much foundation....you can tell she is trying to appear as bascially... somene else. Shes insecure. She reminds me of kate. 

Kate did look ugly at her wedding; despite all that makeup caked on, she looked washed out in some areas and she had a horrible haristyle that did not at all look regal and she wore a dress more suited to a burlesque version of a royal wedding. Anyone at an event of that magnitude should have worn something that looked regal, not at all half as tacky as she did. It was her job to look stately and royal, not like a Vogue model. Some blasted Diana's dress, but unlike Kate, Diana knew how important it was to look like a Princess of Wales, not like a tart who married her Johnny meal ticket. Her veil wasn't even attached and she really, really didn't try when she should have consulted someone.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2012, 08:04:19 am »

As much as I dislike Kate's dress I hated Diana's more.  Diana's was just awful and had no redeeming features whereas Kate's looked like someone had at least cared about how it would look but still missed the chance to make her shine.

For all her faults Sarah Ferguson got it right on her wedding day in Westminster Abbey - just perfect for the occasion.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2012, 12:24:51 am »

I loved how princessy Diana looked and how she looked like she BELONGED in St. Paul's cathedral, not like the noveau riche interloper with that dominatrix style bodice and admittedly elegant skirt. Kate dressed to attempt to look like she was haute couture, not as a ROYAL/REGAL bride and second, I agrree that Fergie did get it right.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Cressida
Baroness

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2012, 12:43:47 am »

Diana's dress was right for her - a very young woman dressing up as a real princess. Yards of taffeta, antique lace and sparkles; she looked magical. The dress is no longer fashionable and it swamped her a little because she lost so much weight, but I remember on that day we all thought she just looked so beautiful. She was radiant and seemed so happy.

Fergie's dress was perfect for her too - it accentuated the good things about her figure and was so intricately embroidered. Even today I would love to see that dress close up, it was a work of art. She was right when she said there would 'never be a dress to match it'. But then, like Diana she looked joyful and in love, something that Kate failed to achieve.

Kate looked smug and like she had been planning that day for quite some time in her fantasies. Her dress was unoriginal and I was deeply underwhelmed. Even having seen in in BP, the lace looked tacky. When you think of all the designers there are and all the stunning frocks there are, she chose to make some sort of high fashion statement that failed miserably.

side chair spectator
courtier

« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2012, 01:12:24 am »

Go Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u6-CpU-1EY and look at her face at 1:29 as she prepares to walk, her face settles into repose, which at that point is when a person's real personality shows. I love how horrified Prince Andrew's face looks.

I think Andrew just looks sad, whether he's thinking about how much further down the line he was now, or else thinking about his own wedding day when he was so happy and thinking about how that union ended.
side chair spectator
courtier

« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2012, 01:13:54 am »

^^^^You're right, AB.  It does look worse in hindsight and I didn't think that was possible.  Cheap, cheap, cheap. 

And when you compare the two (thanks, KF), people are smiling (! A wedding!  Smiling people! Shock!) at Diana and PC's and Waisty's looks like a dirge is playing.  I can't find anybody smiling or doing anything but look at programs, dig in purses and look the other way.  It's amazing how different they are.

It's true, it was a rather sombre wedding. No real joy. No one looked happy to be there, just curious.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2012, 01:19:15 am »

If looks could kill, Kate would have been dropping dead the minute she left the high altar.

anobserver
courtier

« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2012, 01:42:58 am »

LOL, KF, I'm not sure she would have made it to the "I dos" if looks could kill.  tehe
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2012, 02:55:13 am »

It escapes me now how much WK's wedding dress cost, but it doesn't really matter I suppose.  For whatever reason, no matter how much she spends, she makes whatever she's wearing look 'off' or cheaply made and that wedding dress looked like Sears Roebuck without any tailoring at all.  It still confounds me.  The hair was wrong, the neckline was wrong, the flowers were wimpy, the veil wasn't properly placed, way too much warpaint on her face, oh, dang, I could go on and on and as anybody knows, don't get me started on those TREES!  Her one contribution I understand.

Howard may have been a bit harsh, but it's his way of saying what we're all saying.  I don't know anybody who really went ape for the dress.  Every so often, it comes up in wedding catalogues as the "Princess Dress" and Nordstrom's, for instance, has a version that they can't give away. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2012, 04:39:32 am »

Kate's neckline is what made much of it worse; bad enough that women choose to wear strapless all the time, but that neckline made so much of it worse, it really did. It was a slap in the face to a major historical occasion and she fell woefully short in measuring up to the moment. Royal weddings happen very, very rarely and Kate should have appreciated the moment rather than treating it like it deserved.

What made me snicker is how William was gaily waving from the convertible and Kate kept trying to be as stately as possible, while she was probably seething at not getting to ride off in a glass carriage and enjoy putting on airs.

Sarahjane
royal watcher

« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2012, 06:58:18 am »

I actually thought the carriage they rode in was far too much for those two! I expected something a little more smaller and just...well....LESS.

I've mentioned it before but i will say it again...kate failed in the hair department. It looked unwashed and way to stringy/gell-stuffed for my liking. As i have said, it clashed with that dresses neckline. It all looked too much but i don't think she would have suited an up-do either. She doesn't have the neckliine for it to begin with. So i am still lost on how she could have worn her hair on the day.

I watched the wedding because, aside from Fredrick and Mary, wills and kates was the only other royal wedding i've watched. Maybe my expectations were too high. I just thought i would see more. I thought i would be knocked out when kate exited the car. I thought wills reaction upon seeing her would be more special than what he did. He was the last person in the world to see her in that dress. It was meant to be a MOMENT.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2012, 02:25:54 pm »

I looked at the video of Princess Grace's dress in the Daily Mail article remembering her death and Grace's dress was utterly magical, it moves you, imo ,it looked amazing, while Kate's dress just looked like cardboard, it looked like a hard, stiff bad copy of Grace's dress. I did not like Kate's dress at all, but even when a bride's dress is just ok,... the tiara, veil and hair can usually salvage the look, but even those were mediocre on Kate and her makeup was just BAD, too overdone, too baked on looking and when she still had those pockmarks showing through the makeup and her hair looked so dry, she just lost me. I didn't like much about the way Kate looked on her wedding day.

[/URL]
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2012, 04:09:22 pm »

Diana's dress was right for her - a very young woman dressing up as a real princess. Yards of taffeta, antique lace and sparkles; she looked magical. The dress is no longer fashionable and it swamped her a little because she lost so much weight, but I remember on that day we all thought she just looked so beautiful. She was radiant and seemed so happy.

Fergie's dress was perfect for her too - it accentuated the good things about her figure and was so intricately embroidered. Even today I would love to see that dress close up, it was a work of art. She was right when she said there would 'never be a dress to match it'. But then, like Diana she looked joyful and in love, something that Kate failed to achieve.

Kate looked smug and like she had been planning that day for quite some time in her fantasies. Her dress was unoriginal and I was deeply underwhelmed. Even having seen in in BP, the lace looked tacky. When you think of all the designers there are and all the stunning frocks there are, she chose to make some sort of high fashion statement that failed miserably.

Agreed on all points, Cressida.  Akasha and I had the pleasure of seeing Fergie's dress at the exhibit on the Queen Mary and it was nothing like I thought it would be.  It was magnificent with more silver somethings embroidered all over it and so tiny!  It was really, really much lovelier than I saw on the television.

^Aaah, the Princess Grace dress.  It's like a cloud enveloping her.  That is so timeless and so special that nothing will ever really compare.  It all came together perfectly.  Thanks in great part to Grace's regal bearing and Ms. Rose, from MGM (Warner's?) who designed it.  Exquisite.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
HC
Countess

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2012, 04:17:06 pm »

I just know I was so disappointed when I saw Kates dress. And I just think it was the dress as such. So ordinary.

But Diana looked radiant. Not just because of the dress. But I'm one of those that really liked it.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2012, 04:24:58 pm »

^So true.  One thing I noticed at the Diana exhibit is that the dresses they showed, barring one, weren't all that spectacular.  But, when you saw her IN them, it was a whole different story.  She brought them to life.  So perhaps it's the person wearing it that makes all the difference.

My jaw dropped when I saw WK's dress.  It was so Sears Roebuck (not that there's anything wrong with that) but it did look off the rack and cheap, cheap, cheap.  It was one of my major disappointments in life, of which I need to get one.  But, really, with all the hype, and all the $ involved, that was the best she could do?  And the tiara was a disaster, the hair was ridiculously non-ceremonial and her flowers looked like she picked them from the hotel flower pots on her way out and did not balance the dress at all.  Plus, she didn't look like a bride anyway, which is the astonishing part.  It looked like a costume and the ceremony a high school play.  What an injustice to the magnificence of that place.

lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2012, 04:43:49 pm »

It's amazing that there are dresses out there that cost thousands upon thousands of dollars that can look super cheap, and then there are dresses that are modestly priced and look like a million bucks.  But even if Kate had been in a better dress her hair and make up completely ruined the entire look for me.

I got my pictures professionally taken one year for Christmas, and they did the whole "airbrush" make up on me.  You can tell I'm wearing a lot of make up, even though in the pictures with the lighting it does look more natural.  Kate's face on her wedding day looked like mine did when I got those pictures taken.  And for all of the money she spends on skin treatments and products I still can't believe the pockmarks she has, especially on her forehead.  She could get dermabrasion for that. 

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2012, 04:47:04 pm »

^^ have you ever watched Brides of Beverly Hills? Those dresses are ugly and cost like thousands of dollars!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2012, 04:50:01 pm »

^^Oooh, I've been screaming for dermabrasion on her since I can't remember when.  Maybe she does and the scars are so deep it takes time?

I guess it's not the dress, but the lady who makes it that is the difference.  All that lip-licking and looking hither and fro was so out of place.  I didn't even like what PW and PH wore.  They looked visibly uncomfortable and KF's right, up there, if looks could kill.  The entire assemblage looked as though they were at a hanging, not a wedding.

And then there's the trees.  No, I won't go off on that again, guys, I promise!

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2012, 08:23:29 pm »

And then there's the trees.  No, I won't go off on that again, guys, I promise!

I wonder if Smokey the Bear might be convinced to revise his stance on forest fires, just for this one exception. Just this once, PLEASE Smokey.

Now, in regards to the dress, it had potential, but the top was a complete opposite of what anything regal should be; the neckline was the biggest mistake, the lace was too delicate to match the firmer fabric of the skirt and the bodice looked like it was a corset, not a bodice.

As for her skin, she looked both washed out in some areas and also overdone in others and she was supposed to dress for the husband waiting for her, not the press.

The shoes were heels when they are supposed to be flats.

memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2012, 09:18:46 pm »

i think will's face at 1:41  - going to the nightmare ...
and andrew really looked unhappy.

Diana's dress was that one who marked a decade. she really looked in a fairy tale, her emotions easter-egg-basket

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: