Royal Gossip
November 18, 2017, 02:33:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Howard Stern: Kate Middleton looked 'ugly' at Royal Wedding  (Read 53615 times)
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 07:37:45 am »

Stern.  He holds nothing back.  On this, tho, I disagree.  She wasn't 'ugly' but I'm with him that she had every amount of money available and failed.  That was one lame wedding.

I'm still haunted by the trees.  They were just so wrong.

The trees made me wince, it seemed so what a girl with "no taste" thinking she has taste would do.

I don't think Kate looked pretty on her wedding day, she looked hard with glued down hair I didn't get why her hair looked so unprofessional, I also didn't understand why her makeup looked so hard. The dress was a bad imitation of Princess Grace's, I didn't like Kate's dress, but I loved Grace's dress. 

Most what I hated about the wedding was it lacked personality. The only time I felt something was when Pr.Harry turned around and looked back at her, but the rest of the time nothing. Even the kiss was Kate posing, imo.  ick

[/URL]
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 01:12:58 pm »

Her makeup was a mess because she did it herself and she still has not learnt that less is more.

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k498/MK860/William%20and%20Kate/The%20Wedding/?action=view&current=article-0-0BD3D25700000578-909_634x692.jpg

as for the day before

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k498/MK860/William%20and%20Kate/The%20Wedding/?action=view&current=FinalPreparationsMadeAheadRoyalWeddingJVqXNWD8oPwl.jpg

I think she looks scary

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 03:00:00 pm »

^There's no warmth in her eyes or her face. She just looks hard and triumphant. I guess Wills is making her pay for it now as she looks much worse for wear. As someone said, her wedding day was the first day of her "demise." To me that means that she'll have a harder life than she expected.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 10:55:19 pm »

As someone said, her wedding day was the first day of her "demise." To me that means

I like to think that was me; she peaked at her wedding, after a ten year campaign and from then on, downhill since she likely didn't realize that her work was just beginning.

She just looks hard and triumphant.

Not when she was leaving and trying to find a single genuine smile of goodwill as she was leaving the Abbey. Look at the clip where she was leaving the Abbey and pay attention to the guests; many were cold and some even looked to the side (a traditional form of snubbing) as she walked past with William.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 11:23:21 pm »

^There's no warmth in her eyes or her face. She just looks hard and triumphant. I guess Wills is making her pay for it now as she looks much worse for wear. As someone said, her wedding day was the first day of her "demise." To me that means that she'll have a harder life than she expected.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1380765/Royal-wedding-2011-Kate-Middleton-Pippa-leave-Berkshire-home.html

She looks really triumphant in the pics in this DM article - as though all her Christmases were coming at once....but she looks defeated now.

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 11:31:53 pm »

She looked like she was about to really be able to finally relax; quite frankly she looked cheap at the wedding, not ugly really.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
June
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2011, 04:33:49 am »

I agree; and in that first photo, her face looks heavily powdered. Perhaps she was given advice that the camera will make one's face look more oily than in person. That's why celebrities/models always have powdered faces, though it never looks that way. Professional makeup artists know what powder looks best and how much to use. Good powders these days are very finely milled and won't give that powdered effect at all - they just set your makeup.

But hers has been overdone and/or she's using the wrong type: she lacks the dewiness and glow that all brides should have. Her makeup looks very caked-on and old-fashioned. That can happen if one uses a sponge for compact powder also. The best, most natural application for powder is usually loose powder with a good brush. Personally, I don't use powder at all, since I'm older and like a dewy look, as it's more youthful. My skin is quite good, so I like to play that up, rather than conceal with powder. The effect is naturally luminous without sparkles, shimmer or glitter, which can highlight wrinkles or other flaws. Kate has a lot to learn about makeup technique.

Kate's heavy eyeliner is just hideous and highlights her bags.  ick

I agree with everything serenegrace has said.  thumbsup

The contrast between her 'triumphant' face before and her 'defeated' face afterward only convinces me more that this woman has been living in fairyland for way too long. She has no sense of reality whatever, IMO.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 04:39:53 am by June » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2011, 06:44:38 am »

She looked like she came out of a Middle Eastern brothel with all that eye makeup.

June
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2011, 06:51:56 am »

Shocked  rofl  tehe  easter-lol  laugh  lols
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2011, 09:56:33 am »

\

In that photo, she looked like she was about to start really letting loose and on the edge of a golden world; like she thought the world was about to become her oyster, like all the riches of the world were about to come down raining on her. Her skin looked smooth and glowing and she looked happy.

memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 07:41:35 pm »

She looks really triumphant in the pics in this DM article - as though all her Christmases were coming at once....but she looks defeated now.

In that photo, she looked like she was about to start really letting loose and on the edge of a golden world; like she thought the world was about to become her oyster, like all the riches of the world were about to come down raining on her. Her skin looked smooth and glowing and she looked happy.

Maybe she is realising she is not living the fairy tale her family saled told her intire life she would ...

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Kingdom Hearts
Countess

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 12:54:57 am »

her eyeliner is deffently tattooted on her eyes,it's never out of place or in a diffrent spot,she looked spooky on her WD do you see how she was looking at william in the Car HEAVENS!!,she had so much harsh eyeliner on  easter-James

"The dawrf Breathes so Loud we could have shot him in the Dark" -Haldir
Sarahjane
royal watcher

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 02:47:43 pm »

Woah... she IS scary looking in those pics! That eyeliner!

The woman needs to be stopped.
Bijoux
gossip insider

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 07:56:44 pm »

I also agree with everything Serene Grace said in post 20.

Howard Stern was being needlessly cruel by saying that she looked ugly, even though I also wasn’t impressed with her look on the day of the wedding. She’s not an ugly girl (in the face) at all. I wouldn’t say she’s a great beauty, but she’s kind of plain-pretty or common-pretty.

However, she did herself a huge disservice by coloring her hair to that dark, flat color that washed her out, pasting her hair back to her head with a gallon of hair spray, and wearing 50 pounds of makeup... like others have said.

Like many other posters, I also wonder why she seemed to pull a 180 from the way she looked the day before: gorgeous, actually. She looked so sweet and genuinely happy in those photos of her going into the Goring Hotel. There didn’t seem to be a hint of that cat-that-got-the-cream look that she is wont to wear. She just looked like she was just simply glowing inside and out. I think that’s what most people were hoping to see the day of the wedding. What we got was a wispy woman with no stage presence (even in her own wedding!) who looked, as Mooster suggested, sedated.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2012, 08:14:56 pm »

I haven't seen one copy of Kate's dress in stores on display, I haven't seen any brides copying her dress.  eating cookies

[/URL]
Bijoux
gossip insider

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 08:26:01 pm »

^ Good point. The one thing she wears that's supposed to have the most input from her is the thing that nobody else wants to wear. Style icon, my behind.

Everything else she wears is so common that it’s simply (and ONLY) a coincidence if someone else high-profile shows up with something similar. And as far as her designs selling out after she wears them- to whom are they selling out? Has anyone here actually seen someone out and about wearing an outfit like one of Kate’s? I haven’t. And if the designs are selling out to the public masses, then that means that the designs are common, nothing special, as they appeal to many.
lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 09:21:25 pm »

To be fair, Howard didn't say Kate was ugly, he said she looked ugly at the wedding.  And I agree with him.  She made the classic mistake with make-up, where you use it to change how you look, rather than playing up your best features.  If Kate had done a light concealer, and then a blush to contour her cheekbones, and then a brownish gold eye liner, like this then her face would have looked a lot better.

As for her hair, maybe she could have tried this

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2012, 09:35:16 pm »

I think she didn't sparkle on her wedding day. She looked so hard and her makeup was like cement on her face. She reminded me of those women with bad skin who cake on makeup to hide signs of acne or old acne scars.
Her makeup was just a too plaqued on.

I thought the one thing Kate would have dazzled with was her hair and tiara placement. I truly thought since she was dreaming of this day for well before she even met Pr.William, that she would have had a hair style to "wow" and something that added softness...

I just think she was adequate, but makeup nor good, the hair I hated.  bored3

She maybe should have watched Tudor's series, those women had some great styles for long hair and wonderful tiara placement.  easter-think
Or she should have been practicing at home in Berkshire for years with different hairstyles.  eating cookies

[/URL]
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2012, 10:01:57 pm »

^I agree she had no spark and look hard and old and the make up was horrible nothing to write home about she was no great looking bride and the attempt to duplicate Garce was pathetic  sauer.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2012, 10:36:21 pm »

I remember him making jokes on air about the miscarriage his wife had... it was horrible.

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-06-15/news/ls-4271_1_alison-stern
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:39:28 pm by Tatiana » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: