Royal Gossip
October 23, 2018, 12:26:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we too critical/harsh on Kate (Waity)?  (Read 4727 times)
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 03:29:37 am »

I don't.

I think they should cut spending on the members of the RF who don't do many public appearances (guarded 24/7 for what? they only need protection when doing their duties; otherwise the guards should be paid from their own pockets, they're a rich enough family). Then use the money to create jobs, pay for child care, give people incentive to work, and boost the economy.

Waity does not need taxpayer protection when she's staying at home all day. Diana needed protection because she was doing 500 appearances a year and was WORKING and earning the money spent on her. Yes, she cost more on wardrobe but she also brought world attention to the UK and to charitable causes. It was money well-spent. Kate is not worth the money spent on her.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:31:45 am by leogirl » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 03:46:03 am »

Diana needed protection because she was doing 500 appearances a year and was WORKING and earning the money spent on her. Yes, she cost more on wardrobe but she also brought world attention to the UK and to charitable causes. It was money well-spent.

Diana had a lot spent on her because she had a huge amount of value and married at nineteen, was a mother by twenty, and she then had several tours and engagements under her belt. She was a huge asset and she was not at any point unpopular or a liability. Kate, by contrast, is nearly thirty and quite frankly she is nothing but a liability and a mess and more expensive than she is bringing in. Diana brought in millions of pounds with her wedding, while Kate didn't bring in a nickel; Diana's wedding was of no expense to the RF, but HM and Charles had to pay for everything other than the dress.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 09:34:21 pm »

The only problem I have with Kate is the hype about her. It goes against any reason picturing this very ordinary woman as some sort of an icon, role model, whatever. Other than that I fail to see anything evil in her (it might make her less insipid though), she does what she wants and is let to. If she brings any problems to the BRF it is their own doing because they let her.

I agree, that's one of the biggest problems I've had with her since the years they started dating, was all the hype and accolades bestowed upon her by most of the press.

IMO-She's should be shown as a role model to ladies on the hunt for a wealthy,titled man, showing what it takes to wait him out, until he  proposes.  William withstupid

I have no qualms about criticizing Kate, it's truly how I feel about her, I've never been impressed by her and the press fawning doesn't change my mind about what I see.

Also, imo Kate's hype seems all "press created", it does not seem natural or real, it seems forced and pushed by the press. They keep trying to convince the public that she's special, but it only works to a point, imo. (Even when they came to LA, it was all press hype, the public wasn't going wild, the press were the main people going wild about it and some celebs who wanted a photop) (Angelina,Brad,several A list stars refused to attend their appearances, they had no desire to meet them.)(That would have never happened with Diana,people truly wanted to meet the Princess.)

Diana didn't need to falsely create hype, she was the real deal, the public could truly see and feel Diana's magic, the people decided she was special and the press followed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:43:12 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 10:14:48 pm »

serene grace - Diana didn't need to falsely create hype, she was the real deal, the public could truly see and feel Diana's magic, the people decided she was special and the press followed.
That's the problem with Waity. She could care less about things that don't advance her addenda. She's shown over and over that she doesn't care as long as she has good pictures in the papers. Her lack of charity work, working for a living and living off her parents whilst "stalking" Wills will eventually be what the papers will be discussing soon enough. Even with Diana's faults, the people saw that she truly cared and wanted to use her position to help those less fortunate. Yes, Diana's was the real deal, Waity manufactured. Imo, she's stupid enough to believe her own press. She should look at what the press did to Cheryl Cole (she was considered Britain’s sweetheart by the press). Since Waity's also WAG who happened to marry into the royal family, then she should take note that her downfall will come also.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 12:17:23 am »

Indeed. Diana had a way about her that people liked. When you are someone with that sort of quality you are born that way you can not learn it. Kate does not have it.
milagro
courtier

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 10:21:09 pm »

Kate's hype seems all "press created", it does not seem natural or real, it seems forced and pushed by the press. They keep trying to convince the public that she's special, but it only works to a point, imo. (Even when they came to LA, it was all press hype, the public wasn't going wild, the press were the main people going wild about it and some celebs who wanted a photop) (Angelina,Brad,several A list stars refused to attend their appearances, they had no desire to meet them.)(That would have never happened with Diana,people truly wanted to meet the Princess.)

That's a very good point. The press try, by turns, to sell her as a celebrity who she is not - a down-to-earth woman one can relate to, who she is not - a princess who she is not - a new caring Diana who she is not - a trend setter who she is not ... it's all make-believe and got boring long ago.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2011, 01:53:13 am »

The criticism would be harsh if Kate didn't constantly justify it; she has justified every bit of criticism that is thrown at her and that is a really, really rare accomplishment for anyone. Many times, criticism is sometimes too harsh and too freely given, but Kate keeps verifying our most cynical expectations. She hasn't worked as hard as she promised, she spends her time moping when she isn't shopping or going ot hte movies, and she isn't een doing at least one engagement a day. Considering how she got to William and got that ring it's entirely justified. She's like Becky Sharp from Vanity Fair and no one rightly liked or trusted her at all. Each time she had a chance to fly right and live an honset life, she threw it away.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2011, 02:40:29 am »

It is not as if we are all stating things that are not true.
June
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2011, 02:52:00 am »

I've never understood the press propping up of her regarding how 'blessedly normal' she is (I recall that term being used when she first came on the scene).

The woman has never held down a proper and/or full-time job in her life!  Shocked And, she was living in her childhood bedroom until almost 30, sleeping with her teddy bear, pretending it was William (no doubt). tehe  And how does anyone who has to WORK for a living relate to this woman?  Shocked
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: