Royal Gossip
September 19, 2018, 02:26:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William and Kate 2012 Archive Thread Part Two  (Read 77863 times)
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« on: August 12, 2011, 10:06:45 pm »

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/194542/20110809/what-makes-royal-couple-kate-middleton-and-prince-william-like-normal-people.htm

Carthorpe
royal watcher

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 03:44:26 am »

Ugh, the media is so delusional about these two.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 04:37:20 am »

With each norm they break, the more they are going to be isolated from people who truly want to help them make a success of their lives. William obviously does not realize that if he were indeed normal, Kate would not have him.

The heirs to the throne

Kate is not an heir to the throne.

Will their attempts for simplicity draw ire from the Royal family or from the public?

In time, both. William will isolate himself from the public that is paying for his lifestyle and the royal part of his life will draw criticism from a lack of appreciation for his lineage and for his responsibilities to a public that is becoming at best skeptical of the real value of the monarchy. Kate and William aren't trying to be normal, but are playing at being normal, like Marie Antoinette played at being a peasant countrywoman. This is just another lark to them, not a real lifestyle change. William does it because he doesn't want to bankrupt his father and Kate does it because she has no other choice. Those who do use private jets usually do so because they need the privacy and space to accomodate staff and there are plenty of wealthy people out there who fly commercial as well.

Mere commoners cringe at the prospect of an outfit repeat but not for the Duchess of Cambridge.

Um, 'mere commoners' don't mind repeats and neither do many billionaires. Second, she should be given an unlimited credit card and then we can see just how thrifty she truly is. The Duchess is not such an accomplished woman that for her to repeat outfits shows some down to earth earthiness unique among women in her newly acquired class. If the press spent actual time among REAL aristocrats they would be surprised at just how threadbare some wardrobes are among the upper class. 

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 04:54:06 am »

NORMAL people cannot afford to jet set and not work for 10 years! And she's not heir to the throne, and I don't think he should be in the running either at this point. He's almost thirty and he's shown no ambition to do anything except feed his ego and do only what HE wants. That does not make a King.

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 06:59:52 am »

goodpost s
sandy
Princess

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 09:29:15 pm »

If they want to be normal WIlliam needs to renounce his place in line of succession, give up titles and privileges and of course this would extend to his wife. He can't play soldier indefinitely and she can't hide out with occasional photo ops of her buying frozen pizzas. William cannot have it both ways.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 09:58:48 pm »

The British nation isn't paying him to be normal or play at being a soldier. Camilla met with mountain climbers and hosted them at Balmoral; why isn't Kate and William doing something like that instead of living idly? Each time William breaks a norm (or any other royal) he ends up in a huge mess, often of their own making. Second, it's not like they have more pressing engagements that they otherwise have no time for appearances, or that appearances are too petty for them to bother with. THey are not of such importance that they can afford to snub their citizenry that they are paid to engage with and represent to the best of their ability.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 04:04:32 am »

I still stand by the whole 'we're just like you' mentality of these two dumbbells that if they want to be 'normal' then get a job, pay taxes and ride the bus.  Otherwise, do your duty to your country as the rest of your family is that you ridicule and make uncomfortable by your embarrassing statements or god##am it, step down.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 04:17:23 am »

or god##am it, step down

That's my sincere wish for them at this point.  They could have the exact lives they wanted if they stepped down, and Harry is more than amply capable of taking William's place.  I think the monarchy would be better off if it weren't unthinkable for a reluctant royal to simply step aside.  That way only those who've been groomed for it their whole lives, still want the position, and care enough to make the sacrifice will follow through with it.  William would probably have less money than he otherwise would've for the rest of his life, but he (& God knows, his wife) would be more free to choose how to spend that money.  For the love of Pete, I hope this is at least being considered.

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 04:34:42 am »

It's considered, I fear, only in our heads, not those who actually make the decisions.  Foolish move, that.  eating cookies

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 05:30:21 am »

I still stand by the whole 'we're just like you' mentality of these two dumbbells that if they want to be 'normal' then get a job, pay taxes and ride the bus.  Otherwise, do your duty to your country as the rest of your family is that you ridicule and make uncomfortable by your embarrassing statements or god##am it, step down.

I agree!

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
scarlett
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 06:27:19 am »

Great posts, everyone.  worship Yooper, you said it! Totally agree.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 06:55:55 am »

Kiss  Now, if only these two spoiled rotten brats felt the same.  To be honest, their time is gonna come.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 09:20:55 am »

I don't think William quite realizes just how much Kate went after him, precisely because he isn't 'normal.' She (and many other women) would not look twice at him if he were normal, even if he were rich. It's his title that attracted many and Kate is no different. The more they break the boundaries and protocol, the more it exposes them to unsavory types. Look at who just joined the RF!

If they want to be normal WIlliam needs to renounce his place in line of succession, give up titles and privileges and of course this would extend to his wife. He can't play soldier indefinitely and she can't hide out with occasional photo ops of her buying frozen pizzas. William cannot have it both ways.

No he most certainly cannot. He's been having the best of both worlds, with one world (commoner world) he has no business being overly involved in; he hasn't been amking a single, responsible or decisive choice as of late and he has no business asking for anything anymore. Hei sn't even really even playing at toy soldier, he's just dabbling and taking credit for the occasional successful rescue instead of actually putting in the required hours like he should be. He's leaving his team with one less crew member or he's requiring someone else to work harder to pick up his slack. He's effectively wasted all that money that the government spent educating him and he has no ability to make up for all the time he spent jet setting, doing nothing more really than making a token appearance every so often. The fact that he had only one single dinky medal on his uniform at the time of his wedding says it all. Charles had a lot more on his uniform and he also had more than enough charity/engagements behind him.

William obviously isn't equipped to spend his time getting the best out of both worlds while remaining royal. Normal isn't in the cards of his life and he still has nothing but aces (squandered one whne he married Kate, but that's another story) to play in his life. He has mroe than enough to really do anything he wants with himself and keeps living below his real abilities.

Where does this chronic ingratitude come from? I mean really, what went wrong? Can't he just stop making his life harder for himself and live a happy, relaxed, successful life minus the hideous baggage that is Kate? He really needs to stop feeling guilty over living a happy life and should have let Kate fall by the wayside (along with his baggage) and enjoy life the best way he knows how. He has no business being so stupidly guilty about having a title, family, and fortune. William and Kate are not so adored that they can be trusted to bend the rules without crossing the line into ruining the protocol that protects them. How adored are they really? It's not like they are a huge draw and you don't see the aristocracy throwing their doors wide open for them to socialize. HM could barely smile at their wedding and snubbed Kate as William and Kate both bowed to her.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 07:32:33 pm »

I wish William would stop playing soldier and get on with it. I think he and Kate equate being "normal" with doing very little or being rarely seen. How much time h e really does SAR is not known. ANd how come she can't leave the house and do something as a Senior Royal ,which is is now. She can afford a housekeeper and she can go out while he's working.  If they want to be "normal" they should renounce the perks and the titles and she can be Mrs Wales puttering around the house
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 07:41:25 pm »

They have Housekeepers so she has no reason to be home.

The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 04:52:35 am »

She has no reason to be royal either but that's not stopping them.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 07:52:10 am »

. ANd how come she can't leave the house and do something as a Senior Royal ,which is is now. She can afford a housekeeper and she can go out while he's working.  If they want to be "normal" they should renounce the perks and the titles and she can be Mrs Wales puttering around the house

She didn't wait ten years to become "Mrs. Wales." She waited and schemed ten years to become a princess/member of the RF. She certainly wasn't going about, eager to date some nice, honest young man and live a happy life, she has wanted to get a title, a high title, come hell or high water. If William renounced his title and standing, she would arrange for a divorce, discreetly or otherwise. It's a pity that William can't see that at all, I think.

Carthorpe
royal watcher

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 02:46:50 am »

Kiss  Now, if only these two spoiled rotten brats felt the same.  To be honest, their time is gonna come.
I really hope that happens soon. But to be honest the mainstream is so steeped in the Kate and William sh$t-show, I don't know if the tide will ever turn against these two. I mean if the public cannot see how lazy they are right now, and don't see them for what they clearly are, will they EVER? Ugh.
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 03:14:06 am »

IMO they are just worshipped by the press and teenies who dream of a fairytale  eating cookies
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: