Royal Gossip
October 22, 2017, 05:29:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remember that day July 29th 1981...  (Read 1841 times)
karla64
Baroness

« on: July 29, 2011, 02:06:14 pm »

That Day of July 29, 1981   30 years ago.. I remember that day I did watched on the tv  wow... I was 16 year old that time...

Lady Diana married to Prince Charles..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_of_Charles,_Prince_of_Wales,_and_Lady_Diana_Spencer

[
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 02:20:17 pm »

Yes, I do!  I was 14 at the time!  There's a documentary about the wedding on UK tv tonight (ITV1 8pm).  Don't know if I can bear to watch it though.....

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 04:32:02 pm »

Well, considering I was born after the wedding, I don't remember it. But I do enjoy looking at photos and old video footage from the wedding. It was such a magical day.

It's such a shame how the marriage ended. It didn't stand a chance, really. Camilla telling Charles what to do and then reporting leaks about marital problems to the press every week. I think Diana would have made a good queen, if Charles and Diana worked on their marriage. There were times when they seemed happy together, and if only Charles got over his jealousy and saw Diana's popularity as a compliment to himself for choosing such a great wife.
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 05:17:54 pm »

Neither do I. My mother was pregnant with me at the time and she watched it. Does that count?  tehe
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 09:05:34 pm »

It's nice to be a member of a forum with a wide range of ages.  TCP painting easter egg
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 05:55:08 pm »

Just saw the wedding on video was amazing there was a huge non fake press propaganda air about it.Everyone on the streets were absolutely excited about it and it was real.Even PC looked handsome and Diana well wow.  flirt

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 07:18:18 pm »

I was 19, and watched the wedding in a bar on holiday in Majorca with my then boyfriend...I agree that the celebrations were genuine and more heartfelt than those of Wills and his chosen thingy.  In fact, my neighbours were still celebrating the wedding when we arrived home  easter-lol

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 09:15:59 pm »

How long was Lady Diana's bridal train? Twenty-five-feet is the answer.     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26jdVlIfb84

Really A Baron
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 01:34:27 am »

Would Westminster Abbey have worked as the location of Princess Diana's wedding?

Really A Baron
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 03:20:55 am »

^I think their wedding was a legit state affair with folks coming from all over. With that amount of people, I don't think the Abbey would have worked.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 02:08:50 am »

Wikipedia declared: "Charles and Diana selected St. Paul's because it offered more seating and permitted a longer procession through the streets of London."

Really A Baron
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 04:05:25 am »

As heir to the throne, Charles needed to invite a lot of people.
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 02:06:18 am »

750 million people worldwide watched the Royal Wedding.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-jsJeN8Bs

Really A Baron
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 03:07:05 am »

It wasn't until my recent visit to the Abbey that I realized how few people were actually at W & K's wedding. If it had been me, I wouldn't have picked it for my ceremony.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 03:34:28 am »

^ Westminster Abbey has a 2,000 seat capacity. St Paul's Cathedral can seat 3,500. Having said that though, at the Queen's Coronation at the Abbey, 8,000 people were in attendance, with the addition of extra stands and tiers. The Abbey is historically the place that is important in British national life. Monarchs are crowned there, senior royals' funerals are held there and it's the Abbey, with the exception of Charles and Diana, where senior royals wed, at least in the 20th and 21st centuries.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 03:54:29 am »

The dress she wore was regal, not 'modern' and not like anything that was worn by any real bride. She looked the part of the princess bride and she was someone who clearly knew she was special. What made her special was how different her life was from the mainstream.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 02:16:42 am »

^Kuei Fei, An excellent analysis!    Hi

Really A Baron
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 06:37:57 pm »

Thanks; what really impressed me about royals back then is that they were the ultimate outsiders and in her own way, Diana was. When Diana walked up that aisle, being older, I understand that she understood what it was to be different and be unable to help it. She understood this and everyone around her sensed it; she clearly knew a lot about it and she reached out to those with AIDS and other diseases that ostracized them from the mainstream that was too interested in their own ambitions and gratification to bother reaching out or even being decent towards people that they (the mainstream) didn't think were good enough to be treated as human.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: