Royal Gossip
November 19, 2018, 08:29:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poll
Question: Would Kate stay with William if he gave up the throne for Harry?  
No, she'd divorce him ASAP - 2 (10%)
She'll stay for a while... till the money runs out - 15 (75%)
She's in it for better and for worse, she'll stay because she loves him - 1 (5%)
I don't know/I don't care. - 2 (10%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Kate stay if William stepped down?  (Read 5836 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 05:11:57 am »

Kate would likely do just that. Find another rich man and then go off into the sunset, leaving William with nothing and no one.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 03:01:50 pm »

So what would she do, go after Harry?
Oh no you just didn't say that :eyes:

Kate would stay and wait and wait and wait and wait [10 gazillion lines of waiting later] and wait with Wills...  WilliamKate

Kate Middleton "a diabolical creature. A plastic bag blowing through the streets has more personality"
The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 03:30:53 pm »

Harry has already categorized her as a sister to the public.  There is no way, now that she can go after him.  I think that Kate would be cut off from any British Aristo, so she might move out of England to find someone wealthy and titled.
Jenee
royal watcher

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 04:18:14 pm »

^Yeah, that was kind of a sarcastic remark. There's no way Kate would be dumb enough to try and go after Harry if William stepped down. At least... I don't think she'd be that dumb.

If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy
spookyboo
courtier

Long live HRH King Henry IX

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 04:26:15 pm »

add to the fact that even though he called her 'sister' in a "statement" he's also said to have called her a limpet.  I don't think Harry would take Wills sloppy seconds... and well used ones at that!

Loyal Harry-ite#8
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 04:41:48 pm »

Harry has already categorized her as a sister to the public.  There is no way, now that she can go after him.  I think that Kate would be cut off from any British Aristo, so she might move out of England to find someone wealthy and titled.

good luck on that. The other unreigning families are so lowkey you can barely find them. I mean, they might be on Vanity Fair or briefly mentioned, but they are so lowkey even the best papz can't find them. Note how we don't hear about the Romanovs on a regular basis, or Italian RF, or their aristocrats. Kate is teh type that would bring more intrusion than they would ever want to deal with.

If not for Kate, would we know about half the aristocrats taht we do now?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2010, 05:21:02 pm »

The son of Grand Duchess Maria, the heir to the Romanoffs, is way to young for Waity, and IMO quite apart from that they wouldn't let her in the front door.
There are no eligible males left in the Italian RF, and the only one left in the Greek RF is also too young for her.  I am sure the Greek RF would not even tolerate a link with her.  No one in Norway, Denmark, and she wouldn't be let near Carl Philip either, No one in Belgium, Netherlands, Monaco, Lichtenstein.  Other non-reigning families such as Serbia are very very close to the BRF..
Oh it would be a treat to watch her try for any of them.
The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 05:57:13 pm »

IMO, she wants the life of a footballer's wife.  Rich, always in the spotlight, and hubby wouldn't care if she didn't work and stayed home with the kids eating bon-bons all day.  She'd have the disposable income, the glitzy jewels, go to swanky parties or throw one herself.  Completely the opposite kind of life she thought she was signing up for.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2010, 06:00:05 pm »

Well, she has to be insane if she thinks this is what she's signing up for with William. The idiot should have then gone after a footballer.

MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 08:36:46 pm »

Not what Carole wanted for her, or for herself.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 08:42:42 pm »

You have a point there. I sometimes think that this is what Carole wanted for herself; for some reason I see her in Southall, seething as Diana married Charles. No goodwill, just seething in envious hatred; then having ot wait on all the wealthy women she did as an FA, watching these successful men snuggle with their significant others; then landing Michael and I think that Kate's wanting Diana's ring has come from Carole as well when I think about it.

I don't think that Carole wanted her daughter ot serve anyone, just be served. Would explain the lack of a job, but this is creepy. For Kate, Carole wants a title and standing and William walking away wouldn't cut it. It would mean the end of all Carole's dreams of glory for her daughter and through refleciton, herself.

MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 10:35:14 pm »

Kuei:  Exactly!  The blood link is important too, to Carole.  Oh William, what are you doing. This link makes it easier for me, and people like me, to accept a republic after a lifetime as a monarchist, my mother and her mother and so on.
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 11:25:26 pm »

William is just doing what thousands of other men do.  He's marrying the woman he loves.

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 11:32:22 pm »

I thnk he loves the IDEA of her, not who she really is. If she becomes deadly dull and prudish, then his idea will shatter and he'll end up wondering where the 'fun' Kate went. He is marrying her because they are buddy-buddies, not because she's some demure 'flower of the aristocracy," and if she changes into that, as she likely will, he'll be disappointed and disillusioned. If he's marrying her as a rebellion against Palace strictures, but she ends up being more conformist than a born royal, he'll be disillusioned.

If he loves ehr so much, why didn't he bring her ot the World Cup bid? At least bring her and leave her at the hotel? It's not like she hasn't traveled with him before.

Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 11:55:28 pm »

IMO, she wants the life of a footballer's wife.  Rich, always in the spotlight, and hubby wouldn't care if she didn't work and stayed home with the kids eating bon-bons all day.  She'd have the disposable income, the glitzy jewels, go to swanky parties or throw one herself.  Completely the opposite kind of life she thought she was signing up for.
I think you're spot on thumbsup

Kate Middleton "a diabolical creature. A plastic bag blowing through the streets has more personality"
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 12:27:40 am »

she'll stay for a while,
If she play's it smart, she'll denie him acces to the goodies and then just wait (again!) untill he takes on an affair (he's a man, it'll happen sooner or later) and then devorces him and settles down with a nice little agreement bonus, that's basiclly what the wife of that rock star from the rolling stones did! (Euhm what's his name again?)

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 12:46:25 am »

If you are waiting there divorce children, can take the horse from rain. They break up in 2007, as stated, because he would have been interested in another person. And, guess, she returned to him. She did everything to get back to him off the private parts, which I always mean here, she left to dance with other men, took the ex to her house, the paparazzi took pictures of her leaving the house with him in the morning . If she did all this not to lose her boyfriend, I got so afraid that she is able to not lose a husband and a crown ....

Motto for the year 2017: "Saying with a loud voice, Have fear of God and give him glory; because the hour of his judging is come; and give worship to him who made heaven and earth and the sea and the fountains of water." (AP 14:7).
http://icmaranata.pt/index.php - Portugal www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br, www.icm.org.br, http://radiomaanaim.com.br/v1/ - Brazil
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 12:52:08 am »

The problem with Kate is that her coping skills are lacking in that area if that is how she handled losing him as a boyfriend. She won't only consider it a waste if he stepped down. William is stuck with her since he decided to do this. There will be no eleventh hour and I don't think that William will be stripped of his ttile unless he were pressured to leave and voluntarily step aside.

The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2010, 04:48:57 am »

Imagine if he stepped down for her.  Say that the courtiers and HM, PP, PC, etc weren't treating her well , and so on.  Could she handle the pressure of knowing he gave up his lifestyle for her to "not endure Royal life" under scrutiny?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2010, 04:51:19 am »

She would certainly become more notorious than Wallis. Then she wouldn't be able to do anything right; I've noticed that the Brits went haywire when Edward stepped odwn for Wallis and there was so much rage against Wallis. Like Edward, William has a tremendous amount of popularity.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: