Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 09:42:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess of Wessex (Sophie) Style Thread  (Read 61361 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2015, 08:45:45 am »

If the president or congress-critter spent money from the US military budget, there would be an outcry. Sophie and Edward are minor royals and should get, at most, a suite of rooms in each palace and be grateful for it, not a vast estate and huge income.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2015, 12:46:09 pm »

But the US military is responsible for the upkeep of the residence of the vice-president.

Bagshot Park was used by the UK military for a few decades under a lease-term with the Crown Estate. And like all tennants, they needed to return the house in a proper state after the lease was ended.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2015, 12:49:43 pm »

Off topic chatter. Please keep this on the clothes.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #263 on: November 07, 2015, 09:26:21 pm »

Sophie continues to seek attention by wearing a dress too low at the top and too short at the bottom to an engagement:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTEq0mQXIAEAHCL.jpg:large

The two ladies at her side are appropriately dressed for the occasion and their age, in my opinion.

And Sophie's hair!  Is the cook still doing it?  What's with the little twig in the back??   bignono    She is desperate need of a good cut and style and stop trying to copy the younger royal women.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTIZYjrXAAAUzEO.jpg

And at the Remembrance service, she still obviously labors under the delusion that people want to see her chest.  This dress is cut down below her sternum.   Why does the Queen let her get away with this?   huh

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTPHEKoUEAALJK_.jpg

And a fat lot of good it did her; Kate still gets the publicity.   Be happy with what you have Sophie, and quit trying so hard!    there
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:36:05 pm by Miss Hathaway » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #264 on: November 07, 2015, 09:37:30 pm »

I can pass the dress as a strange mistake, what was this engagement anway?

But the hair?!?!  oooh

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #265 on: November 07, 2015, 10:11:24 pm »

The first dress is at a photography exhibit at Australia House yesterday. Sophie has made a habit of wearing much too low cut dresses/tops at engagements since Kate married in.   She evidently seems to think that will get her some attention.  She simply looks ridiculous, in my opinion.   Both of these are too low cut for her age and the occasion.   Neither the Queen, Anne, or Kate are wearing such low cut dresses.   Sophie should save these dresses for her private time with Eddie. 

The hair is a hot mess.  I don't understand how she thinks this is attractive?    lols
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #266 on: November 07, 2015, 10:19:48 pm »

I would only use that hairdo for staying at home. Never would go out looking like that. And my hair can also be a hot mess.

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #267 on: November 08, 2015, 02:02:43 pm »

Sophie continues her theme of Inappropriate Dressing this weekend by turning up on the balcony for a solemn occasion wearing another low cut dress and a silly fascinator with frothy little feather thingys as if she were at Ascot.    dontknow

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/08/11/2E3B83BC00000578-3308996-image-a-171_1446980747052.jpg

Normally Sophie wears a solid black coat and hat.  This year, she evidently put effort in trying to be different to stand out from the larger-than-life Max.  so she wore a patterned dress, cut low and the frothy hat.   Very inappropriate behavior, as this is about the fallen and the veterans and not some middle-aged minor royal, in my opinion.

She needs help in learning to age gracefully.   there
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:05:50 pm by Miss Hathaway » Logged
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #268 on: November 08, 2015, 03:25:06 pm »

I think Sophie's dress at the evening event was simple, classic, and well-suited to the occasion. Fitted but not too tight.  Certainly not attention grabbing like yet another lace dress from KM. What is the oval pin? Does that have some special significance?

Sophie is a curvy woman, and often that looks better with a v-neck. Nothing untoward showing in either the day or night events IMO.   

For the daytime, I like the patterned coat. It is black patterned on black, so it suits the occasion with some added visual interest. As for her hat, Sophie has been the hat queen for a long time. She would have known Maxima would Bring It.  Frothy confections on the balcony are nothing new from anyone from the Windsor family. Camilla's hat from last year was quite impressive. 

Edward is far down the list, but these two do solid work for HM and will continue to do so for many year. "Minor" only in position, not in work load, professionalism, or value to the Family Firm.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #269 on: November 08, 2015, 06:20:00 pm »

^^

I agree with Miss Hathaway. Sophie is wearing clothes that I don't feel are appropriate for this type of event.

And she has to realise she's no longer as young as she was and should embrace that change, and not try and regain her youth.

IMO, women who dress too young for their age makes them look older and those that don't, appear elegant and feminine. One only need to compare Sophia Loren and Gloria Hunniford to see the difference.

And Sophie would look younger if she were to embrace this new chapter of her life.

All IMHO only though.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #270 on: November 08, 2015, 06:22:38 pm »

She does appearances, but frankly something about her rubs me the wrong way.

The first dress is at a photography exhibit at Australia House yesterday. Sophie has made a habit of wearing much too low cut dresses/tops at engagements since Kate married in.   She evidently seems to think that will get her some attention.  She simply looks ridiculous, in my opinion.   Both of these are too low cut for her age and the occasion.   Neither the Queen, Anne, or Kate are wearing such low cut dresses.   Sophie should save these dresses for her private time with Eddie. 

The hair is a hot mess.  I don't understand how she thinks this is attractive?    lols

She needs to stop acting like a much younger woman and smarten up. The tousled look works only on a chosen few of women and she should look sleeker. I don't think she should keep up the ingenue act (something I'm seriously sick of seeing in fully grown women) and wear something high necked and low hemline.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #271 on: November 14, 2015, 03:51:17 pm »

The Countess of Wessex visits Toronto’s Royal Agricultural Fair

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/11/the-countess-of-wessex-visits-torontos.html

I've seen this coat before but I don't know who wore it

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #272 on: November 14, 2015, 04:04:44 pm »

^Doesn't look familiar to me but I do like it and the cut and tailoring is done well.  It takes everything I've got not to reach in, grab her and take her to a hair stylist, though.  That look can be updated to look much less stringy and unattractive.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #273 on: November 15, 2015, 02:29:54 am »

^Looks as though she has a hair piece in on the right side of her head:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-77YA0A5vmXw/Vkd_TAfzxXI/AAAAAAAANP4/CCRD3IsOUnU/s640/CTt2E6XWsAAyeov.jpg%2Blarge.jpg

It blonder and thicker than the hair on her left side:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-49lpBkROK2Q/Vkd-U1ZTczI/AAAAAAAANPo/0FsMA34jKcE/s640/CTt4p9uVAAAK9ZJ.jpg%2Blarge.jpg

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #274 on: November 15, 2015, 08:44:56 am »

It looks natural to me. I have my hair up like this from time to time and like Sophie I am a natural blond myself.

And by wearing your hair like this, you will see part of the underlayers of the hair mix with the outerlayers. And because of sun-exposure, even in winter, the outerlayers are lighter as well as more dried out/ thinner.
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #275 on: November 15, 2015, 02:30:40 pm »

Once a woman turns 50, she is no longer allowed to show cleavage or wear slim skirts?  I think Sophie is fashionable and suitably dressed for her age. IMO she isn't dressing young, she's just looking at modern fashion and selecting pieces that suit her build and role. 

I see nothing untoward in Sophie's necklines, they are vneck's but not flashing anything. As a well-endowed woman, she would look odd in turtlenecks.  Middleton is known for wearing inappropriately low-and-high cut items.

Remember this classic for visiting children in Australia?
http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1375281/kate-dress.jpg

or this one, nearly causing an international incident?
http://img.alibaba.com/img/pb/081/313/749/749313081_435.jpg

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #276 on: November 15, 2015, 02:48:03 pm »

^ this is not a Kate thread. Thank you

My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #277 on: November 16, 2015, 04:20:52 am »

Duly noted. I was merely replying to a comment another poster made earlier which included the reference to KM.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #278 on: November 16, 2015, 03:18:28 pm »

It looks natural to me. I have my hair up like this from time to time and like Sophie I am a natural blond myself.

And by wearing your hair like this, you will see part of the underlayers of the hair mix with the outerlayers. And because of sun-exposure, even in winter, the outerlayers are lighter as well as more dried out/ thinner.

But Sophie is not a natural blond:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/06/eb/a6/06eba691a5d43384b4ed805e1f2232fe.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/360000/images/_363946_sophie300.jpg

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/52100823-prince-edward-with-sophie-rhys-jones-at-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=YVhUbzsfeMn0hTW04dZr2nnQJTKv8YeepAV8ZTIuLumJkSpx6k%2fNyLEiwvOgeNw57F6m7i8jmWiutHinc3ez3w%3d%3d

Here is an example of how her hair looks with some highlights on her brown hair, as well as how thin and brittle her hair is:

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/483424576-sophie-countess-of-wessex-and-daughter-lady-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXhMGDmBy%2fz1J3Yilf4pb3t%2b7wZzjGt07qSMXLDf0CWYRyJAa2K0hW1I1XV9G5j8A%2fw%3d%3d

But what is apparent with her hair in Canada is the thickness and texture, as well as the solid color which, in my opinion, means a hair piece on the right side of her head (because the left side is still highlighted brown and thinner) in order to have enough hair to make a chigon.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GP69rqPEAj8/Vkd9WGovtLI/AAAAAAAANPc/csZhcE2rNTo/s640/CTtwvbmUkAALQJF.jpg%2Blarge.jpg

Not that there is anything wrong with her using some botox and some hair pieces if that is her choice.   But in my opinion, she and her PR articles seem to think that people are dumb enough to believe that she is au naturale -- a simple, uncomplicated woman who just throws on whatever is at the front of her closet and running a comb in her hair and comes out simply stunning and younger than evah!   The People's Fashion Queen!  Rather than a woman who is desperate to hang onto her youth and whatever limelight she can generate.     eating cookies

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2015, 09:38:38 pm »

"She looks incredible," says a fashion boutique owner whose store Sophie frequents, adding: "She does it all herself, and a very good job she is doing too."

With a keen eye for feminine tailoring and elegant formalwear, Sophie's choices have been compared to those of Princess Kate. Both are fans of British designers Erdem, Emilia Wickstead and Alexander McQueen as well as the milliner Jane Taylor. And both own those famous L.K. Bennett nude pumps.

In a recent interview with the The Sunday Express in which she revealed she has never used a stylist, Sophie said she hasn't always been comfortable with the idea of fashion being part of her job but has since learned to embrace it: "I sort of wrestled with that one for a little while and slightly caved in at the end of the day."

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20965106,00.html

cook or no cook everyone of them has a stylist or at least someone who does a preselection of outfits

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: