Royal Gossip
May 24, 2019, 04:59:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess of Wessex (Sophie) Style Thread  (Read 62501 times)
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #220 on: July 02, 2015, 02:41:58 pm »

And the hair . . . .again!   What 50-year-old professional scrapes her hair back into a scrawny ponytail for a public engagement??   And the blouse is just sloppy. 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ql1_Gmd5bUE/VZPFJcikqcI/AAAAAAAAH58/EgYk68djqAY/s640/Future%2BDreams%2BFundraiser%2B-%2BKey%2BShots%2B016.jpg

Does the woman not look at her photos?   Does she not look in a mirror?    Is the cook blind??        bignono       huh        nervous
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #221 on: July 02, 2015, 04:04:20 pm »

but the problem is that she has too little hair not the ponytail I think

there aren't better photos of the outfit?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #222 on: July 02, 2015, 04:42:22 pm »

The problem is, her hair is too thin for a ponytail, and she is too old for a ponytail.  Two problems.  She needs a haircut.

Here is another photo of the outfit.  The blouse was just all wrong.   

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IUuIICYFsW0/VZPFctBSKrI/AAAAAAAAH6c/2nYQI5bcIbM/s640/Future%2BDreams%2BFundraiser%2B-%2BKey%2BShots%2B026.jpg

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #223 on: July 02, 2015, 04:44:22 pm »

No, her problem is the purse. I can deal with the ponytail but not that purse!!!

Yep, the shirt doesn't fit but in any case the other women are in more cocktail attire and she looks more daytime dressed?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2015, 05:03:35 pm »

Her skirt is killed by the blouse.  If she wore a dressy black top, it would have looked nice.   The purse is awful.   So is the ponytail!     loveshower
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2015, 08:47:34 pm »

Agreed Miss Hathaway. Soph needs to either look at herself before she leaves or get a new dresser.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #226 on: July 02, 2015, 08:53:20 pm »

Purse seems a rejected choice from QE.

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2015, 07:33:32 pm »

Yikes!   The botox wore off with a vengance!   She's looking not a day over 64, here!    Cool

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/08/13/2A55C18700000578-3153284-image-a-91_1436358423828.jpg
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #228 on: July 14, 2015, 04:21:14 pm »

I noticed that photo too from Wimbledon and was shocked by it.

She does look ancient there. Deep lines on her forehead, around her eyes and folds by her mouth. Shocking.

Maybe this is what she truly looks like without photoshopping or maybe it is just unfortunate.

I think she should cut her hair shorter and stop pushing it back from her forehead - it is too square to be shown off.  Her hairline is too far back. She needs a swept aside fringe.

It is incredible how she can get it so wrong with all the money and help at her disposal.

AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #229 on: July 14, 2015, 05:05:21 pm »

^ They've photoshopped Sophie all the way, but not how you think.

Everyone around Sophie, even other people's clothes all look softened - Willy looks ultra softened and is highly smoothed and blurred on the face.

Sophie, on the other hand has had photoshopping done to over-sharpen her appearance which would utterly age even a baby.

Why this was done I have no idea, but I have an educated guess as to who would request Sophie be made to look terrible.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #230 on: July 14, 2015, 06:21:32 pm »

Ooooo . . WHO would request that Sophie be made to look terrible?    Do tell!    eating cookies
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2015, 08:17:07 pm »

Perhaps Ma?? So Waity won't look older than Soph?  Embarrassed
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2015, 08:19:24 pm »

Surely Ma can't tell the press who to photoshop? or am I being naive....

Sophie must be spitting feathers.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2015, 09:55:59 pm »

Perhaps Ma?? So Waity won't look older than Soph?  Embarrassed

I can't imagine Carole or Kate would be the least bit bothered by Sophie who is old enough to be Kate's mother and a bit player on the royal stage.   Sophie has been photoshopped to death and a lot of posters in royal forums think she really looks like that.   But here are some other photos that show her lines and sags:

This is from about 2000, when Sophie was still copying Diana and the Middletons were unheard of.  Eye wrinkles and lines from nose to mouth are evident even then:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1265000/images/_1265933_so.300.jpg

This is from Victoria's and Daniel's wedding from five years ago, before Kate was even engaged.  Sophie's eye wrinkles and the deep lines from nose to mouth are quite evident.  Of course, they are worse now, five years later, as can be seen from the Wimbledon photo:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KMZsVauhWU4/TCHkXhGX5hI/AAAAAAAAA5M/Bu03CntPQe4/s1600/sophie2.jpg

These two photos are from a couple of years ago.  Again, the deep forehead wrinkles, eye wrinkles and lines from nose to mouth are obvious.

http://us.hellomagazine.com/imagenes//royalty/2013092114671/sophie-countess-wessex-speech-india/0-74-595/sophie-1--a.jpg

http://wpmedia.o.canada.com/2013/11/450372091.jpg

AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2015, 04:57:18 pm »

^^ It wouldn't be anyone necessarily who paid or requested Sophie be sharpened - the DM would do it themselves because they are high promoters of Wasty and would want any woman close to her to look as bad as possible.

^ I'm not going to attack Sophie for natural wrinkles.  Anyone at 50 will have wrinkles, but all those pics are sharpened.  HM's seldom are - DoE is softened most times - Willy is softened all the time and so on.  Di's pics have been extremely Photoshopped over the years yet Fergie sometimes is and was to the max and other times sharpened to look shocking.

These rags play games.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #235 on: July 20, 2015, 07:36:25 pm »

It's easy to tell whose photos are softened -- they simply don't have wrinkles.  They look soft and creamy.   No one is attacking Sophie for having wrinkles.   Of course, she has wrinkles -- she is over 50.   What is funny is that so many Sophie sugars buy into the myth that she has no wrinkles.  They believe the photoshopped versions of Sophie.   There is one poster on another forum who truly believes that Sophie is looking younger every year, that she truly has no wrinkles, and that she and Edward are living in a Regency Romance, running around Bagshot Manor calling each other darling.    loveshower 

But the photos I linked in my post above show the real Sophie, with all her lines.   I don't think the DM was heightened -- that was Sophie in the glare of daylight.  That's how she looks.   You can see her photos from the BBC and other sources and they are comparable to the DM photo.   
simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #236 on: August 05, 2015, 06:17:07 am »

^^ It wouldn't be anyone necessarily who paid or requested Sophie be sharpened - the DM would do it themselves because they are high promoters of Wasty and would want any woman close to her to look as bad as possible.

^ I'm not going to attack Sophie for natural wrinkles.  Anyone at 50 will have wrinkles, but all those pics are sharpened.  HM's seldom are - DoE is softened most times - Willy is softened all the time and so on.  Di's pics have been extremely Photoshopped over the years yet Fergie sometimes is and was to the max and other times sharpened to look shocking.

These rags play games.

Agree! I like her style, not always of course!

The DM decided always who put down and who not! Is their game

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” A. Saunders
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #237 on: August 09, 2015, 07:35:11 pm »

Sophie copies Kate's style again.   Horizontal blue and white stripes?  Check.   Navy skinnies?   Check.   Flats?   Check.   Ponytail?   Check.     bored3

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dhHvAR14_Dg/VcZTfsGbi6I/AAAAAAAAKDs/FTr3uStMiRE/s1600/IIM-10855-0009.jpg
simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #238 on: August 09, 2015, 10:38:43 pm »

Maybe you are right I don't know but all people have this kind of clothes in their wardrobe , or not?

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” A. Saunders
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #239 on: August 09, 2015, 11:08:34 pm »

Sophie did not.  When she first came onto the scene, she transformed herself into Diana as much as she could and played up the resemblance, even going so far as telling the interviewer before their wedding that she couldn't tell her photos from Diana's.    laugh

After Diana died, Sophie settled into a matronly/conservative style, grew her hair out some.

When Kate married in in 2011, Sophie began working out, dressing younger, grew her hair out long (which looks ridiculous, too thin), and began appearing in clothes such as the skinny jeans, flats, ponytails, hitting hockey pucks, etc. just as Kate is doing.  It's quite obvious, in my opinion.    The photographic evidence is there if anyone cares to google and look at.   

It's hilarious but it's also sad that this woman has such low self esteem that she feels she can't be herself.    dontknow
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: