Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 10:01:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess of Wessex (Sophie) Style Thread  (Read 61353 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2013, 05:43:26 am »

Oh right I didn't know that.. Embarrassed
I have to wear glasses due to a 'lazy eye' (don't know if that's the right name for it in English walked around with an eye patch for a while as a kid)
And my eye-doc alway's said to wait until my eye's fully developed around 21-23yo to have the laser correction done, I could do it now but I'm used to the glasses so..

But if they can fix it on toddlers then why in hecks name didn't they?? huh

Wait.....thats odd, according to wiki they did fix it in 06?  blink
Born with exotropia,[6] Lady Louise underwent a 30-minute operation under general anaesthetic to correct the problem in January 2006.

I double checked and in some pic's the eye turns inward but in others it doesn't?
Can someone explain that one to me?

AHA I found this on wiki
The surgical procedure for the correction of exotropia involves making a small incision in the tissue covering the eye in order to reach the eye muscles. The appropriate muscles are then repositioned in order to allow the eye to move properly. The procedure is usually done under general anesthesia. Recovery time is rapid, and most people are able to resume normal activities within a few days. Following surgery, corrective eyeglasses may be needed and, in many cases, further surgery is required later to keep the eyes straight.

Maybe they are waiting with that second surgery until she a bit older dontknow

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2013, 07:52:05 am »

in my experience "lazy eye" or amblyopia is a similar problem to exotropia but is not as severe.  I'm relieved to hear that surgery was done... it appears there is still an issue but it seems less severe than before.  BTW there are only about 7-8 photos in the public domain of her as a baby/toddler and fewer of her brother.  Good work, Wessexes.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2013, 08:48:29 am »

it is unfortunate we do not get to see some pics from the diplo reception - all those lovely tiaras!!  I don't like the turquoise one Sofie wears sometimes - but she usually does a tiara well.

My only reservation bout sophie is that Louise's eyes have not yet been fixed - I understand this is her choice and the Queen has even offered to pay for her to go to the US for the surgery.  Granted both she and the baby had a terrible delivery and scare - so one can understand concern about surgery - but it really is time to fix her eyes.   

A niece of mine has the same condition and the peadiatrician told her parents (my cousin and his wife) that the chance of a succesfull operation would be bigger (more than 50% bigger) if they waited with the surgery until she is almost outgrown, which is for girls mostly around the age of 14-15.
It has to do with the growing of the muscles and the nerves, also around the eye. If you start operating now, there is a possibility that;
1. the result of the operation isn't all that well;
2. that the patient has to have a second operation at the age of 14-15.

So I totally understand it that the couple waits. One operation to the eye is scary enough, you don't want a second operation if you can avoid it.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2013, 03:13:33 pm »

See that's what my doc told me as well... Maybe it needs to be done intwo stages? dontknow

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pepe Le Skew
Baroness

This is what it sounds like

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2013, 09:50:04 pm »

Sophie looked quite dashing in her fedora today at the Sandringham service.   She is a handsome woman, as they say, and knows how to compliment herself in simple elegance. 

Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2013, 10:48:13 pm »

As much as I like Sophie I feel that she needs to see that Louise is growing fast and entering pre puberty.
I think it is unnecessary that she wears the same coat for 3 years in a row.
It is far too smal and the style doesn't suit her anymore.
I also feel that she needs braces for her teeth.
Right now she looks like a big child and not like the little lady that she is.
Rock n royal
courtier

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2014, 03:27:10 pm »

Sophie is by far my favourite royal. She is hard working, stylish, friendly, and just a generally happy type of person during engagements. She has the common touch with the people, a magical way with children and she doesn't need the press to make her get out there and make the world a better place. I am definitely team Wessex.

Wearing three-inch heels and a striking red designer outfit, she might have expected her husband to give her an easy start.
But William showed no interest in holding back, sending his first ball whizzing inches from her face. Steve Robson - Mirror online

"There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life, the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs."  - P.Coelho
Dasher
courtier

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2014, 02:39:07 am »

She really suits red, but the second outfit with the wispy blue scarf is a close second.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2014, 02:44:25 am »

^She really rocks that red.  Both are really beautiful, elegant and suit her.  She's terrific in my book.

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2014, 01:12:56 pm »

I don't know many 50-year-old professionals who show up to work in a ponytail and a scrunchie.     I can't imagine why she would even think this is an option?    huh

https://twitter.com/wheelpower/status/519875848296349699/photo/1
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2014, 04:14:02 pm »

It looked stupid on girls half her age never mind her nearing 50.   bignono   Her hair's way too thin to have it this long. I think she looks way older with long stringy hair and should cut it back to how she wore it at Wills wedding.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2014, 11:06:04 pm »

http://fashion.hellomagazine.com/imagenes/fashion-news/201410102416/sophie-wessex-wows-at-friendship-ball/0-19-374/wessexface--a.jpg
Sophie today.
Looking radiant, together and years younger then Wasty.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2014, 12:58:14 am »

YES!!!
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2014, 03:46:47 am »

She looks younger because this photo is photoshopped.    tehe

This is her natural look.      http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=176&u=18650141

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2014, 12:18:53 pm »

And she STILL looks better than Waity. Healthier, happier and more comfortable in her own skin.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2014, 03:11:58 pm »

And she STILL looks better than Waity. Healthier, happier and more comfortable in her own skin.

Healthier and happier?   Sure.    Years younger, as the poster above stated?   No way.  In fact, Sophie looks older than most 50-year olds I know, with her masses of eye and forehead wrinkles.

As much as Sophie and her fans would like to believe that Sophie is still 30 -- she isn't.   She is grandma age.   And rather than accepting it gracefully as has the Queen and Princess Anne, she is fighting it in a ridiculous manner with her hairstyles, and clothing choices, and photo ops.   This is why, while I agree she is healther and happier, I disagree that she is comfortable in her own skin.  She obviously has not accepted the reality of her situation with regard to her age and her position within the BRF.

AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2014, 07:23:27 pm »

MH Have you seen an un-photoshopped image of Kate?   eating cookies

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
starsailor
Countess

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2014, 09:12:30 pm »

^
Yup, like this one (the first picture):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2490534/The-Duchess-Cambridge-displays-greys-Has-Kate-busy-baby-George-roots-done.html

She looks ancient without PhotoShop...  nervous
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2014, 12:00:56 am »

MH Have you seen an un-photoshopped image of Kate?   eating cookies

Yep.    thumbsup

^

She looks bad -- washed out, wan, depressed.   She still doesn't sport the deep eye wrinkles and crepey eyelids of Sophie.   She may in 18 years when she's Sophie's age, but she doesn't have them yet.    It's easy to tell who is the younger woman, even when Kate looks like doo-doo, but there are actually some posters on certain boards who truly believe the photoshopped photos of Sophie with no wrinkles are realistic.    tehe
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2014, 07:59:38 am »

ITA. People who say Waity looks 50 (Sophie"s age) are being too critical. She does not look close to Sophie's age, but she doesn't look good for her own age. Sophie has the typical British pale dry skin. Her eyes and forehead are pretty lined and dehydrated. Still, she has not resorted to botox and fillers yet. Her features are aquiline and fine, so this is what makes her look regal IMO.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: