Royal Gossip
May 25, 2017, 11:46:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess of Wessex (Sophie) Style Thread  (Read 35458 times)
HRHOlya
Baroness

« Reply #300 on: July 30, 2016, 03:44:37 am »

Yes, although they made an article that supposedly praises her (esp love the little digs at the Medds), they unkindly described her past fashion as "frumpy", which realistically actually fits perfectly fine with the trends of those particular times. Imo she wasn't frumpy, but wore what most women (in the office) wore at the time. Just because it's not skintight (which it wasn't then usually anyway) or because she wasn't flashing everyone, doesn't mean that she was frumpy. 
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2016, 08:19:00 am »

I think her past fashion was "frumpy" because she wore those dresses in the past. Those were fashionable in those years. Looking at Waity's dresses in the past we can also say she was frumpy, too.

india
Princess

« Reply #302 on: July 30, 2016, 12:32:38 pm »

I would rather look frumpy rather than looking like a ho prominently displaying her wares like The Potato Head.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2016, 06:15:33 am »

Is she the most gorgeous Royal? How a computer database of all her clothes, a £1,000 bike and a man called 'Quicky' who does up her zips transformed the once frumpy Sophie Wessex

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3715438/How-frumpy-Sophie-Wessex-transformed-gorgeous-royal.html

Sophie?  The most gorgeous Royal?  How much did she pay to DM to print that?    laugh   Sophie's photos are some of the most photoshopped, and her figure is svelte as long as she is tucked into her spanx; otherwise you see what a large gut she has, even after all her exercising and dieting: 

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/16/article-2582057-1C56565200000578-424_634x487.jpg

My favorite part is reading the comments.  The average person definitely is not impressed with Sophie's looks.  Or with the Wessexes in general.     bored3
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2016, 08:27:35 am »

I don't think that Sophie or Waity are gorgeous but press like exaggerating things. Everybody has bad photos, too. 

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #305 on: October 21, 2016, 06:08:00 pm »

Well, to lighten the mood from the intense US presidential campaign, let us turn to the most comical member of the BRF:  Sophie Rhys Jones Wessex.     Sweet Sophie has decided in her late middle age that she will 1) take over as queen when Liz pops her cork; and 2) become a sex symbol.    Oh, I giggle as I type this.  But, poor thing, she is married to the royal son voted most likely to be gay, so perhaps she is looking for an outlet for all of her repressed feelings.

Anyhoo, Sophie, of course, rode her bike in the company of some beefy guys, leaving Eddy at home with the kids.   And now she has popped up in public in skin tight pants, a la the Duchess of Cambridge.  Inappropriate for a woman who believes she will take Liz's place, but then there's that sex symbol thing going on.  Quite a dichotomy for poor Soph, to decide between being dignified like the queen or being inappropriate like Kate.    Sophie is also displaying an increasingly lowering bosom, a la the Duchess of Cornwall.  Really, ladies.  How difficult is it to find a good bra and support the girls?   

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLbsWeyFdrx/

https://twitter.com/LTHTrust/status/785790511537881088

Dear Soph.  Always a copycat . . . never the leader.  But good for a laugh, always.    thankyou
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #306 on: October 21, 2016, 09:53:57 pm »

From the front they seem ok pants but on the side and the back... tight is an understatement.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #307 on: October 21, 2016, 10:38:32 pm »

^ Painted on, my dear Alexandrine!  If it were not stretchy material, the seam would split when she made a move.     tehe
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #308 on: October 21, 2016, 11:49:04 pm »

She needs a longer length in the jacket as her legs look longer than her body. Which is not helped by those stilettos she is wearing.

Does she not have a full length mirror? And if she does, does she look in it beforehand leaving home?

And having two different colours might look ok with some outfits, but not with this one. Is almost like two separate photos cut and pasted onto one image.

It's a trick some people, men and women, learn over time. She hasn't learn it yet. That is, to dress to hide our bodies when they are not exactly in proportion to look like you were born in perfect proportion.

Her bottom half is longer than her top half, so when she's wears a boxy jacket, she appears completely out of proportion. It must be lovely to have long legs, but if you don't dress properly and you'll appear like Sophie. It's like she has had her photos taken in one of those mirrors which distorts your body features.

She needs to go to a stylist like House of Colour for a proper colour and body analysis and it will take years off her. And she will be on one of those best dressed lists. She does keep herself in shape, so that is a huge bonus. She won't regret  it.

And no. I don't work for them.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #309 on: October 22, 2016, 08:23:21 am »

It seems to me in RF nobody has a full length mirror and they haven't a good stylist. Without exception. Anyway I can't find an objectionable mistake about her looking, that's my opinion.

Little light
Baroness

« Reply #310 on: October 22, 2016, 09:01:38 pm »

I don't find her objectionable to look at either, not by any stretch of  the imagination.

I worded my post ambiguously.

What I am saying is that she could be dressed to turn peoples' heads. Really stunning. And I'd much rather look at her than other people, stars included.

Just a few tweaks here and there and she'd be on the top dressed lists and rightly so. IMHO anyway.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #311 on: October 23, 2016, 11:26:57 am »

^ Yes, I know what you meant. No problem.  flower

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #312 on: October 23, 2016, 07:47:27 pm »

It seems to me in RF nobody has a full length mirror and they haven't a good stylist. Without exception. Anyway I can't find an objectionable mistake about her looking, that's my opinion.

With the money they spend on clothes, they have no business wearing ill fitting clothing or those tacky fascinators. Zara in particular dresses like a pig and frankly I am sick of how dressing badly is supposed to make a person look serious, or be taken seriously.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #313 on: October 23, 2016, 07:58:47 pm »

Well, the Potato Head spends a fortune on clothes and nobody takes that idiot seriously.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #314 on: October 23, 2016, 11:07:53 pm »

^^ A pig?  Really?  Anyway, off topic and ^ More off topic.  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #315 on: October 27, 2016, 03:26:15 am »

Not a good look for Sophie. Most of the time she looks good, although sometimes she looks like she got dressed in the dark. She needs to quit trying to compete with a crazed nutjob and just be what she is- a 50 something woman.
india
Princess

« Reply #316 on: October 27, 2016, 04:30:24 pm »

She is not competing with an exhibitionist who is illiterate and ignorant.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #317 on: October 30, 2016, 09:33:51 pm »

She has tried to compete with anyone she considers a threat in the RF  spy Unfortunately for her she has neither the body or the style to get attention.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #318 on: October 30, 2016, 09:41:46 pm »

Amen to that.

Right after the wedding she was posing coyly like a blushing schoolgirl and mentioning how she's so IN with HM. She's so effing childish.

She is not competing with an exhibitionist who is illiterate and ignorant.

She had some topless photos and the gall to say to Charles that they didn't have a Duchy to fall back on. Then that sheik scandal.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #319 on: October 31, 2016, 09:40:54 am »

Nobody is perfect but she hasn't been injurious to RF and monarchy, I can list a few things. 

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: