Royal Gossip
May 27, 2017, 08:27:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess of Wessex (Sophie) Style Thread  (Read 35524 times)
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« on: July 17, 2011, 02:25:47 pm »

The only way is Wessex: How stylish Sophie has transformed into a real jewel in the crown

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2014655/Sophie-Wessex-We-salute-real-jewel-royal-familys-crown.html#ixzz1SMvTLP52

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 06:11:30 am »

She deserves positive press, Sophie has been a really hardworking Royal for the Firm these past ten years or more. I amazed the Daily Mail said good things about her finally.  Shocked

It's nice that the Queen and Sophie are close and genuinely get on well.  She is said to be the Queen's favorite.
They ride together at weekends, with a passion for military history (gosh) and the Queen is apparently given to turning up unannounced at Bagshot Park for family tea with Louise and three-year-old James

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2014655/Sophie-Wessex-We-salute-real-jewel-royal-familys-crown.html#ixzz1T5hFF4Hr
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:13:26 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 01:23:49 pm »

My word young James looks very much like his dad. TCP painting easter egg

I agree Serene Grace.

You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, which doesn't say much for you.

royal_watcher05
courtier

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 04:21:54 pm »

Thanks for posting MK! I enjoyed the article and I do this Sophie has been looking good recently! Also, she has been a hardworking royal and yea I know she has made her mistakes, but I still like her.  Thrilled to see that she gets along with Queen and seems like a very involved and dedicated parent.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:55:10 am »

She looked terrific at Zara's wedding. She and Edward just keep a low profile and get on with it. You know it may be these two who end up saving the monarchy in the long run. Chas and Cams looks a bit strange but they will never divorce and heaven knows what will happen with the Cambridges. I also wonder if Harry will prefer a life as an adventurer.

Watch this space.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 08:50:22 am »

She and Edward just keep a low profile and get on with it. You know it may be these two who end up saving the monarchy in the long run

I think you're right about that. Sophie and Edward are the only two who have managed to actually succeed and stay out of trouble; marriage has apparantly been healthy and stabilizing for Edward, not chaotic and destabilizing.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 06:34:04 pm »

Countess of Wessex: the Royal Family's newest style icon?
The Countess of Wessex has long been a stalwart of the Royal family, fulfilling her public duties largely under the radar and out of the lime light.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9370089/Countess-of-Wessex-the-Royal-Familys-newest-style-icon.html
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 08:37:19 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2302569/Wiggle-says-Im-Style-Queen-Kate-JAN-MOIR-salutes-Sophie-Wessex-whos-fashion-mojo.html

Love this comment

:

After being a member of the Royal Family for years and subjected to endless media criticism, Sophie would NEVER be threatened by Kate's inclusion into The Firm .The fact that Pippa was mentioned as an 'influence' in this article is also a complete joke. Finally, I don't think the York sisters, like Sophie, care about the Kate effect either. These three women aren't going to let the vacuous, superficial, and gurning DoLittle affect their lives in any way, shape or form. It's absurd to even suggest that she would, Kate doesn't have have that respect or power over the Windsor women, and she never will.
- harriet , toronto, Canada, 02/4/2013 02:10
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2302569/Wiggle-says-Im-Style-Queen-Kate-JAN-MOIR-salutes-Sophie-Wessex-whos-fashion-mojo.html#ixzz2PHyG2ogR

[/URL]
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 01:10:40 pm »

Im not that big on sophie but there was a comment that was spot on it mentions how Sophie adapted into the royal family while Kate wants people to adapt to her.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 04:03:00 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2302569/Sophie-Wessexs-wiggle-says-Im-Style-Queen-Kate-Middleton-JAN-MOIR-salutes-fashion-mojo.html?ito=feeds-newsxml ick
The Daily Middleton making mincemeat of Sophie because she updates her style as a fashion promoter.
This newspaper is so biased it is a complete joke. nervous
Their pet Waity should have gotten the job and that's why they are doing this.
Carole must be rejocing.
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 04:32:03 pm »

I'm no fan of KM's outfits (a small few I've liked) but those Sophie's outfits are not exactly haute couture .
That electric blue rubber looking fabric one is scary.
The Cape Crusader of 2009 looked nice on her.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:35:14 pm by Mon Roi Henry IX » Logged
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 05:40:32 pm »

This comment's so true:
"They fail to understand that they cannot wheedle their way into public affection by looking fashionable: they have to do stuff." - This is the most hilarious line in the entire article. It's about Fergie's daughters (who are fighting for a working royal role), but can be more appropriately to Waity and her workshy attitude.
- Joanna , Cambridge, 02/4/2013 16:01

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2302569/Sophie-Wessexs-wiggle-says-Im-Style-Queen-Kate-Middleton-JAN-MOIR-salutes-fashion-mojo.html#ixzz2PKCtRvMN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Keep Calm and Carry On
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 05:46:31 pm »

So maybe Sophie's outfit was a little vibrant and tight for church, but she's done so much more to earn our respect than WK, who wore a bright red figure-hugging dress to the Jubilee Pageant - which was meant to be all about HM - and was lavished with praise for it
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 05:55:38 pm »

Yes I saw that,  thumbsup it was a very good comment.
I tried to find it again, but couldn't.

[/URL]
thekitchenmaid
gossip insider

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 05:58:59 pm »

This comment's so true:
"They fail to understand that they cannot wheedle their way into public affection by looking fashionable: they have to do stuff." - This is the most hilarious line in the entire article. It's about Fergie's daughters (who are fighting for a working royal role), but can be more appropriately to Waity and her workshy attitude.
- Joanna , Cambridge, 02/4/2013 16:01

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2302569/Sophie-Wessexs-wiggle-says-Im-Style-Queen-Kate-Middleton-JAN-MOIR-salutes-fashion-mojo.html#ixzz2PKCtRvMN

And this so not true:

If she were truly humble and of good breeding she would stand back and allow the limelight to be on Her Majesty The Queen but she doesn't: she steals media attention for herself with her over the top silly outfits. She is going to be insufferable when Prince Philip dies and she becomes the Duchess of Edinburgh. She knows very well she is getting the cameras on her and, meanwhile, the poor Queen who has served this country very well for years gets shunted aside. Kate, on the other hand, shows The Queen great respect and hovers in the background.
-

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2302569/Sophie-Wessexs-wiggle-says-Im-Style-Queen-Kate-Middleton-JAN-MOIR-salutes-fashion-mojo.html#ixzz2PKGgZW6r
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 06:19:36 pm »

Sophie looks great.

This article is posted in Wessex news.

http://royalgossip.forumprofi.de/index.php/topic,430.80.html

[/URL]
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 06:31:29 pm »

kate would kill to be liked by BRF as Sophie is.  stop

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 09:20:40 pm »

kate would kill to be liked by BRF as Sophie is.  stop

Very true. But Waity thinks she is better than they are since she's going to be queen one day. Cool
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 09:43:44 pm »

Yup she thinks she's got all the cards in her hands ,since she married the heir and  will be Queen Consort.

All the royals may be pushed to the backburner while she promotes the Middleton family once she's consort. James and Pippa waving from the balcony.  laugh

[/URL]
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 07:48:04 pm »

that sense of arrogance will be her disaster! Honestly, i would prefer be Sophie ( a happy woman, mother, daughter, in-law)  than kate. She was very sucessful as worker and it's as royal.

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: