Royal Gossip
May 24, 2017, 12:43:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carl & Sofia Relationship  (Read 77207 times)
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #400 on: November 21, 2015, 02:06:06 pm »

Here are a few headlines from a source that may be a Swedish version of The Globe, but still quite interesting as there obviously is something negative going on in Sofia's world based upon her long absence from Sweden and the body language of the bride and groom in New York:

http://stoppapressarna.se/kungligt/nytt-hot-sofia-ska-sparkas-ut-fran-slottet

NEW ATTACK AGAINST THE PRINCESS SOFIA: KICK HER OUT!
She vilified and ridiculed.
Now dark forces within the court kicking out Sofia from the castle.
- The king should put his foot down!
The pregnant Princess Sofia, 30, continues to receive criticism and now becomes situation increasingly serious.

http://stoppapressarna.se/kungligt/efter-kritiken-sofia-flyr-fran-sverige

SOFIA PANIC FLIGHT FROM SWEDEN AND THE STORM OF CRITICISM
The hard pressure on pregnant Sofia grows.
Now leave the princess country and take refuge in the apartment in South Africa.
- Stress has been hard on her!
Princess Sofia, 30, have come under fire several times recently.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #401 on: November 21, 2015, 07:52:29 pm »

She needs to toughen up and not bail on her husband to South Africa; she has a past that makes people loathe her and she needs to live her past down.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #402 on: November 22, 2015, 06:07:52 pm »

^^ and ^

I take these stories with more than a pinch of salt. These magazines sell issues and stories about the marriage being all lovey-dovey won't sell as many issues as a story about pending drama.

And let's face it...Sofia has received lots of (deserved) criticism in the past, so why would she be panicked now? Now that she is married, has a baby on the way? It makes no sense.
As for her trip to South-Africa; she has been involved with the organisation for some time now and whatever her motives were for becoming involved with the organisation, it makes sense that she is present when the organisation celebrates a jubilee.
And that has nothing to do with fleeing from the court, marriage in crisis etc. She is doing her thing, she is representing Sweden and her new family abroad and that is what is expected of her.

It would be the same as saying that Maxima is feeling the court because the pressure of being Queen gets to her while she is in reality in Bangladesh as UN special ambassador for inclusive finance.

The gutter press thrives on drama and when there is none...they create it.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #403 on: November 22, 2015, 06:55:32 pm »

The stories are obviously written in tabloid titillation manner.  However, there remains the actions and body language of Sofia and CP.  Sofia stepped down from her active role at PP in April of this year because she would be taking on duties as a member of the Swedish Royal Family.  And yet she missed out on a state dinner to fly far away for a very low key event for which there was very little publicity.  And then, she stayed. In her new apartment that someone ?? bought for her after she became engaged to CP.  [Can you imagine the outrage if Sarah Ferguson had been given such an apartment].    And then, after the newlywed pregnant wife and member of the SRF had been gone long enough that people were questioning, she and CP pop up in New York.  They both seemed quite uncomfortable and ill at ease in that video, imo. 

These are strange behaviors from a pregnant bride who moved heaven and earth to get to the position she finally got.  While the stories may be heavily embellished, there is still something not quite right.   
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #404 on: November 22, 2015, 08:11:01 pm »

Sorry but I disagree with you.

Giving up an active position at an organization doesn't mean you are not involved in it anymore in any way. For years I was a very active volunteer at the local animal shelter, volunteering one Saturday a month. Two years ago I stopped, partly for health (hernia) reasons but also because it became a bit too much, timewise. But when the animal shelter celebrated its 100th birthday a few months ago, I went to the festivities.

As for the trip to New York...the couple seems to have the same infatuation with the Big Apple that all royals have. Do they have a lot of free time/ vacations...yes they have. As do many royals, especially the non-heirs. But to see the trip to South-Africa and/or New York as a big sign that the marriage is on the rocks (already)...not buying it.
Let's face it...as much as we may dislike Sofia as a royal spouse, she is here to stay and she is an easy target for the Swedish press: attacks on Daniel and Victoria are not accepted by the Swedish people, Madeleine is in London and her husband makes his own money and is therefor less of a target for the press. So they will go after Sofia and CP. And they have made it easy with her past.

So we will have to agree to disagree about the drama-stories of the press. They don't even need smoke to create a fire and considering them as trustworthy sources for any story, that is just a brdige too far for me.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #405 on: November 23, 2015, 01:16:59 am »

There are many ways to continue to be active in an honorary position, however.  She could have appeared by skype to give her greetings and support, without traveling over 6,000 miles in her first trimester of pregnancy.     She has an honorary position with PP now and is supposed to be working for the monarchy which includes state dinners.   How odd that her new husband was at the state dinner without her.  Or that he did not go with her to South Africa.

Sofia is only here to stay as long as Carl Philip wants her.  He did not look very happy when the pregnancy was announced, and he did not look very happy at his reunion with his bride in NY.   If she has cut him off from the sex now that they are married, and if she is treating him in otherwise offhanded ways now that she has the title, I can see him going to daddy for a way out.  He is spoiled and self centered enough to do that as we can see from his refusal to give her up despite her being all wrong as a royal wife. 

Daniel and Chris and Maddie have been raked over the coals by the press.  Sofia has, up til now, been protected and her background has been whitewashed.   However, is she is seen to be a greedy, temperamental shirker, I think that will change.   Time will tell, of course, and we shall just have to stay tuned and keep watching!
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #406 on: November 23, 2015, 05:14:56 pm »

CP said they wanted to wait on children et voila here is Sofia pregnant just after the wedding.

The body language is interesting, as is the SA apartment. I hope there is a Swedish journalist who tracks down who paid for the luxury apartment and who is paying the monthly service fees. It cannot be Sofia, she has no money and has been living off CP for years. They still need to investigate the true origins of the charity, where the initial money went (which bank account), and whether or not she claimed her Swedish apartment as a business expense. 
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #407 on: November 23, 2015, 08:11:36 pm »

I didn't see anything strange between them. CP wanted to wait but babies don't wait. They decide when to come. I only wonder why in NYC they found a journalist who speaks Swedish. it's strange
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #408 on: November 24, 2015, 03:18:00 am »

It is just quite a coincidence that this baby decided to come immediately upon Sofia's marriage and not during those long passionate years of dating.   tehe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #409 on: November 24, 2015, 10:37:05 am »

^Isn't that how babies should come?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #410 on: December 14, 2015, 04:11:40 am »

The difference in CP's demeanor from last year's Nobels to this year is quite noticeable:

2014 - beaming, happy with girlfriend:  https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnAS6As7uQPGxA9MtRkQaxpd0h8hTk14m0PO361xgqTsz4LS4n

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ysWKxdtdR24/VIiob4NdQlI/AAAAAAAALQc/yjzCDsGNFCw/s1600/Princess-Victoria-Nobel-Prize-Awards-Ceremony-6-1.jpg

2015 - glum, dead eyes with wife:  http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/5/16/95/15/@/2018066-la-princesse-sofia-enceinte-et-le-950x0-2.jpg

http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/5/16/95/15/@/2018064-la-princesse-sofia-enceinte-et-le-950x0-2.jpg

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #411 on: December 14, 2015, 09:39:28 pm »

she looks more smug but i wouldn't go that far to say he's unhappy. he usually has dull expressions. this could be one of those
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #412 on: December 15, 2015, 03:28:06 pm »

CP was always very into Sofia.  I haven't found a picture of him looking glum in her presence up until he knew she was pregnant.  For instance, in August, he was very touchy/smiley/happy with her in Varmland:

http://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2015082626975/prince-carl-philip-sofia-hellqvist-varmland/

But a few weeks later at this concert, the body language is much different.  CP is pulling ahead of her.  He is not bothering to smile for the camera.  They both are talking to other people, turned away from each other.  A very different attitude from CP.

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/09/prince-carl-philip-and-princess-sofia.html

A couple of weeks later, after this concert, was when Sofia's pregnancy was announced.

And the photos from last week's Nobels show that CP doesn't seem any more happy than he appeared to be in September.  It seems that CP is not happy at all about this pregnancy and perhaps feels it was planned without his knowledge.  Otherwise, one would think a new husband and father-to-be would be bursting with pride and smiling a lot for the cameras.  He isn't bothering at all.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #413 on: December 15, 2015, 06:45:20 pm »

I'm kind of ticked at CP; he wanted to marry her, he wanted to make her his wife, he lived with her for ages, so why sulk?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #414 on: December 15, 2015, 07:00:09 pm »

thumbsup   Yep.   It just shows how immature he is. 
Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #415 on: December 16, 2015, 02:28:00 pm »

Maybe he's crancky because he has a hormonal chick on his hands now and he doesn't know how to deal with it?
How mong does hormonal stuff last in a pregnancy? Is it the whole time or just the first months? (I've never been pregnant so I have no clue?! dontknow)

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #416 on: December 16, 2015, 02:35:21 pm »

Here's the lastest photo of the newlyweds, wherein they are receiving the Christmas tree, and you could drive a truck through the gap between Sofia and CP.   CP's half smile doesn't reach his eyes, whereas his bride is grinning like a possum, seeming quite satisfied with all in her world.    eating cookies

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/l/t31.0-8/12365938_1291971490828427_7870993780341085756_o.jpg

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #417 on: December 16, 2015, 02:35:55 pm »

^^ If and it's a big IF CP is looking tense or his mind is elsewhere or whatever we dream up is true, my money's on boredom with the high probability of non-stop baby talk with two females in his life being pregnant. With one, it's kind of tolerable, but two?  Unbearable.  Been there.

Akasha, each and every woman, in my experience, is different when pregnant.  Just as no two pregnancies are alike and just as no two children of your own can be alike.  One of my pregnancies wasn't a trip to the beach but the other was like 1000 trips to the beach and all perfect.  See?  Your eyes are already glazing over.  

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #418 on: December 16, 2015, 03:34:50 pm »

^ CP is a professional prince and should be able to put on a happy face in public when the cameras are pointed at him.  That's his job for which he is generously compensated.    And bored about the prospect of being a father?  That almost (but not quite) makes me feel sorry for Sofia that the father of her child would be so bored out of his mind about everything to do with his child and it shows that Victoria and Madeliene won the husbands-stakes with their husbands who are so doting and considerate of them.   Ah, well, it's Sofia, so I doubt she is that worried about it.   
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #419 on: December 16, 2015, 08:21:56 pm »

I noticed that he looked very gloomy during Nicolas' christening and his attitude hasn't change much. Being newlywed and being an expectant father I would have thought he would look much more happy.

Maybe the reality of being married is catching up with him?  dontknow

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: