Royal Gossip
December 16, 2017, 05:14:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Albert's Illegitimate Children  (Read 27832 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2014, 03:54:46 pm »

But there is a difference about the relationship with Albert and Nicole and Albert and his son.

Albert does have an obligation towards his son and it doesn't matter he married or not the mother.

Giving money is not enough.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2014, 03:57:46 pm »

Apparently in albert's world:  Money is the same thing as spending time with his children.  There's an old saying:
be nice to your children, for they get to choose your nursing home.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2014, 06:39:12 pm »

Blaming Charlene won't solve the problem; Albert is the Prince of Monaco and is in charge, not Charlene.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2014, 06:59:05 pm »

I agree. Charlene is not the problem at all here. It is Albert's responsibility.

What I found strange is that they didn't attend the recent saint ceremony in the Vatican. Did the relationship turn sour...?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2014, 05:26:42 am »

Who knows; I do know that blaming Charlene isn't going to put Nicole in Albert's good graces and I frankly think Nicole is someone who should have walked away before she got pregnant. I am dead sure that Albert is seething about having his wife made a scapegoat. Nicole, to me, is the problem, not Charlene. I don't view Charlene as the main reason that Nicole and her son are not having a relationship with Albert. Second, while she was enjoying the life with Albert, she had no issues with Albert being a jerk towards Tamara and Jazmin.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2014, 10:51:05 am »

Deadbeat Prince dad? Albert of Monaco skipped out on his daughter's Fordham graduation to attend Louis Vuitton show instead
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2633865/Deadbeat-Prince-Albert-II-Monaco-skipped-daughters-graduation-attended-Louis-Vuitton-fashion-instead.html#ixzz32LHTcM5h

azmin Grace Grimaldi graduated from Fordham University in the Bronx, New York on May 17
Her father, Prince Albert II of Monaco, attended a fashion show back in Monte Carlo instead
Jazmin is Prince Albert's illegitimate daughter from his 1991 fling with American Tamara Rotolo
Prince Albert for years refused to acknowledge Jazmin as his daughter, but did so after a paternity test in 2006
As an illegitimate child, Jazmin is not in line to the Monaco throne but will inherit part of her father's $1billion fortune

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2014, 12:14:39 am »

Neglectful, but not deadbeat; he pays for her life and she is in his will, that is not deadbeat.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2014, 03:38:54 am »

agree KF - not a deadbeat - she is a pretty girl
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2014, 01:38:43 am »

It's likely that Albert has paid for her private school fees, has paid for her life with her mother, and I believe that he's done right and kept her away from his crazy family. If I were a theorist (and I am) I think he might dislike how his daughter has in fact kind of been living a socialite life and doesn't want to give the idea to his daughter that he approves of how she's putting herself in the spotlight and might dislike how she's kind of marketing herself.

He's not a man who lets himself get pressured or pushed around and he likely dislikes being expected to give something he can't give. To me he's a jerk, a neglectful father who irresponsibly had unprotected intercourse and ended up fathering a daughter he REFUSED to publicly have around. He's certainly someone who is going to get worse press, but at the same time, Jazmin should stop living a high profile life. Don't disappear, but don't expose herself more than is needed.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2014, 03:07:31 am »

^No, he doesn't allow himself to be influenced by public opinion to the point of denying his own errors.  That's unusual within the royal institution, so I'm going to give him a pass on this one.  There is no doubt that there will be more than sufficient financial support here and there is also no doubt that it is clear what the rules are for the child's stature.  People make mistakes and I applaud any person to take the hit for that and accept the outcome on both sides.  To me, Albert has done exactly that.  Not sure Grace would be particularly happy about it but she loved her children to distraction, perhaps far too much.  I get that, too.  People screw up.  It's those that hide it that deserve disdain, not this.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2014, 04:03:16 am »

Thing is, that Albert really did step up to the plate; for all his lack of public acknowledgement, he takes good, good care of his kids and said time and time again his relationship with his kids will be determined on how the mother is behaving, which is to me, his way of ensuring good behavior.

With Jazmin, I hope she has a real future mapped out for herself. After her public debut, she founded a charity, which to me is iffy because she's using that connection as a way to kind of turn herself into a socialite or presuming on a role for herself in the future. Bad juju and she needs to be careful not to anticipate some role for herself. She needs to be practical, not so much because of being born out of wedlock (half the US is born out of wedlock), but in that she needs to make her own way.

She will inherit millions, stands to get ten millions so she is an heiress, but she cannot be foolish to think that she can afford to not do something with herself. Not hide away in some self-imposed purdah, but she needs to understand that Albert is not going to make her part of the Princely Family in any way. She HAS to be practical and HAS to be smart about her future. Becoming a Paris Hilton type might in fact destroy her life; she might get dragged into the hedonistic lifestyle, but unlike the legitimate spud, Albert won't be getting her out of jail and she isn't getting the part of his fortune any time soon.

With Albert, the man obviously believes he doesn't answer to anyone and I'm beginning to wonder if Albert has the same conditions set with his kids; play nice and he'll take care of them and have a good relationship; play bad and he will end up ignoring them and stop paying their bills. He's a jerk, but most rulers are.

Thing is with Grace, she never raised her kids to be disciplined; she let them be raised in the privileged comfort of Monaco and the palace, but never ended up subjecting them to any kind of real rigorous living or discipline. Another flaw was her obsession with her own image and PR/reputation.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2017, 12:24:03 am »

>> The royal treatment! Prince Albert of Monaco's daughter Jazmin Grace Grimaldi packs on PDA with boyfriend Ian Mellencamp during LA outing

She is the granddaughter of Grace Kelly and the daughter of Prince Albert II of Monaco.

But 25-year-old Jazmin Grace Grimaldi - who was born in Palm Springs, California - has a very different life to the European royals.

The singer and actress enjoyed a sunny afternoon in West Hollywood with boyfriend Ian Mellencamp. <<

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4321750/Jazmin-Grace-Grimaldi-kisses-boyfriend-LA.html

She does seem quite keen on a socialite life, I wonder what Albert, Charlene & the rest of the family think about it...
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2017, 12:36:01 am »

Albert can't dictate her life and can't really tell her not to have a socialite life, but I think it's unwise on her part since that kind of life is bad news for someone who doesn't have a firm anchor to keep themselves from getting led astray or derailing. As long as Jazmin and her mother do not make any pretensions for the Monegasque throne, he won't mind at all. If she starts mouthing off, Albert might curb her one way or another.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: