Royal Gossip
November 12, 2018, 08:53:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Piers Morgan's Diary - Dinner with Fergie and the Princess'  (Read 6686 times)
spookyboo
courtier

Long live HRH King Henry IX

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 06:11:55 am »

MK I thought you were joking, OMG.  When you said it I imagined the musical group Insane Clown Posse... not sure if you've heard of them or not... I digres...  tehe

Loyal Harry-ite#8
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 06:45:35 am »

yeah
we're slipping slightly into the off topic realm here!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 08:50:08 am »

Embarrassed Ooops we are. Bad moderator  Lips Sealed

I have heard of the Insane Clown Posse and no the Insane Loony Party is a real political party.

The real name is Monster Raving Loony Party but is nicknamed Insane Loony Party

http://www.loonyparty.com/

But back on topic now   easter-egg-basket

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 01:06:32 pm »

Ay ay capt'n, I mean mod! Kiss
So my last question on topic was:

Hmm politics, huh!  easter-think wonder if she wants to be a member of parliament one day, can royals go into politics? dontknow
Well what do you girls think?
Will she actually use her degree in politics? (when/if she gets it, that is!)
Or will she write about politics combining English literature & politics, maybe as a political correspondent for the newspaper? easter-think
And how do you combine that with Art History huh
But then again BA's don't alway have to make sense, she probably just like's Art or it's an 'easy' decree! dontknow

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
spookyboo
courtier

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 05:09:57 pm »

She may not be able to in a formal way like run for office, but she could always use what she learns in a diplomatic role..  dontknow

Loyal Harry-ite#8
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 07:09:20 pm »

hmm yeah it will be a useful degree i guess,
IF she decides to join The Firm as a career it's alway's handy to know exactly who your dealing with!  easter-lol
Politics can be a rather messy snake pit!

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 07:11:37 pm »

but will Charles let them enter the firm?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 07:31:53 pm »

huh dontknow
Good question, easter-think
Why shouldn't he?
If she wants to enter why not, more power to them!
If she does a good job of diplomacy and represents them!
They can cover more ground like that in charity and official visits-business!
They all work for the same goal after all! (I'm not exactly sure what that goal is from time to time, but that's another discussion.... easter-wink)

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 10:05:12 pm »

I think she may use her political degree to help her when meeting Diplomats and to understand other countries' political systems perhaps.

In her Tatler interview she expressed a great love for books and poetry, she ran a poetry society at school.

The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 05:52:00 am »

I know it helps to have a BA in political science when you apply for simple government positions.  Doesn't mean you run for office, or run the country, but any posting supported by government funding would gladly take someone with a BA in political science over someone with a BA outside of their field.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 05:25:25 pm »

well that makes sence!
Maybe she's gonna work for the gov, but which department  easter-think finances? foreign aff? defense? mobility?  dontknow

spookyboo
courtier

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 06:23:45 pm »

I think it's very possible she is just simply interested in the subject and will use what she learns when being a royal diplomat.

Loyal Harry-ite#8
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: