Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 10:01:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He may chat to parsnips but Charles MUST be King  (Read 1866 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: November 28, 2010, 02:16:58 am »

He may chat to parsnips but Charles MUST be King

Prince Charles must succeed his mother when that sad moment comes. Opinion polls suggesting that we pass the throne to Prince William over his father’s head are both constitutionally stupid and slightly sinister. Most opinion polls need to be viewed with a lot of suspicion, and read very carefully. It was because I took this view that I was the only commentator in the country who correctly predicted that David Cameron’s Liberal Tories would not win May’s General Election.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1333688/He-chat-parsnips-Prince-Charles-MUST-King.html#ixzz16XVQvHW4

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 07:30:22 am »

These opinion polls have been happening a long time, way before Killiam's wedding fiasco made the news, and every time people can b*tch and moan, but in the end it will always be Charles as King. Unless something horrible happens Charles WILL BE KING after his mother passes on. People just need to suck it up and deal.

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 12:19:17 pm »

I have often stated that I am not a fan of Prince Charles, but it is his RIGHT to be king upon the demise of his mother HMQ.  And quite frankly I would have it no other way.  
Charles has learnt a great deal and is still learning.  I think there are those who institute these polls whose intentions are suspect to say the least.  IMO they figure that a callow youth who can't even see through the Middletons will be easier to deal with, to manoeuvre and manipulate.  I don't trust any of them, as Peter Hitchens says it takes a great deal of money to set up one of these polls. Who are the people who have such money and influence. The Constitution is as it is, it does not need changing in this respect.  Charles has a great  deal he can impart to William, regardless of his personal decisions and personal life. As for William, I will admit I am very disillusioned with the way he announced his engagement with scant regard to his Grandmother, his Queen, and his actions since then are not at all encouraging.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 02:03:11 pm »

I sometimes think the British are kind of spoiled in this respect, wiht their royals. The BRF hasn't pulled half the stuff the French have, or the Russians, or the Greek monarchies. The BRF has adapted with the times and they have done well in regards to letting the people run things when they have told the RF that they wish to have a say. Charles hasn't tried to run things like an autocrat, or blatantly neglect his responsibilities, or interfere in politics that resulted in the collapse of the Greek monarchy and the instatement of a fascist dictatorship. Charles is actually a great prince, but for some reason, that isn't appreciated. If he had been a commoner, he would have had many humanitarian awards and likely Nobel nomination.

Or running his own business, it would have been a wild success.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 01:20:01 am »

Charles personal life leaves alot to be desired but when it comes to the job of POW he has done a great job.

The Princes Trust for one thing is an amazing charity that has helped millions of children.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 02:51:58 pm »

No one has done what Charles has done on a massive scale; he took all the time he had to be Prince of Wales and dedicated it to charity and really did something with himself. He's perfect King material and pity the public columnists don't see that like we do. He's helped kids that the politicians and society brushed aside and helped them get on their feet and succeed.

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 11:24:21 pm »

Charles is too old for them now. No exciting stories or scandals. That´s what I guess.
The respect is not there.  bignono
The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 12:11:26 am »

The public is brainwashed into loving the more beautiful person more than how successful they are.  Beauty will usually overshadow someones success, and if they have both, the success is the cherry on top.  Blame the press  hall-Spell-check

Charles wasn't very handsome in the first place.  He didn't have any charm or nor any European allure.  He was just another average looking guy who happens to be the Prince, married a beautiful lady, walked all over her for his mistress.  With Diana's death, it solidified the public's dislike for him. 

However, had he been handsomer and Camilla more attractive, then the public would have forgiven him for part of it.  Look at Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie/Jennifer Aniston.  Brad left Jennifer for Angelina.  Almost everyone felt sorry for Jennifer, but Angelina's popularity skyrocketed, Jennifer's career is still ok,  and Brad escaped unscathed with lots of children.  I have a feeling the same thing would have happened with Charles, Diana, and Camilla were all equally successful and beautiful. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 12:34:55 am »

If it had been Diana replacing Camilla, the press would have been thrilled.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: