Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 04:11:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRINCE WILLIAM AND KATE MIDDLETON: ONE'S HELI OF AN XMAS  (Read 1012 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: November 28, 2010, 01:12:07 am »

PRINCE William and bride-to-be Kate Middleton will skip this year’s stuffy royal Christmas.
Wills turned down an invitation to join the Queen at Sandringham so he can spend the holiday on standby at his RAF helicopter base on Anglesey.
And Kate has told her parents Carole and Michael she won’t join them on holiday at a rented mansion this year either.
Instead the pair, both 28, will spend their last Christmas as a private couple at their cosy cottage in rural North Wales.

I think this is going to be an order to appear, not a request. Plus Kate will have to knuckle down and then start learning protocol; I don't think that HM even wants her around.

Meanwhile, Kate wants her sister Pippa to take on a key royal role after the wedding.
As a lady-in-waiting the 27-year-old party planner would help organise her diary and accompany her on official engagements around the world.
“She would have to know who Kate is likely to be meeting, what they could talk about and their personal details. She will also make sure she keeps to the schedule,” explained one palace aide.

Considering the level of skill that it takes to be a LIW, Pippa wouldn't be able to manage. It takes a huge amount of organization and if Kate needs to have her back watched, she shouldn't be entering the Court. Secondly, I don't think that Pippa understands that she isn't trained to be a LIW and would have to foot her own bills and pay her own way, not bill the Palace. I don't think that Pippa has any executive experience in that area and it isn't just about filling in a diary, it's taking many factors into consideration like knowing the protocol, ropes, plus taking a step back and waiting at the hotel while her sister goes out, or collecting flowers, small gifts, and writing notes of thanks and sifting mail.

The Palace already has people trained and skilled to do this stuff and she has no business setting her own indpendent agenda.

But a close friend warned: “Her real job would be to watch Kate’s back in what can be a very treacherous world.”

Already setting up the 'evil courtier' scenario. I don't think she'll have her sister as a LIW, she is going ot get sucked in and her family spit out.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 07:25:42 am »

I thought the Queen picked and/or approved of the LIW's?
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 11:07:18 am »

She does Alley Cat.  That is her right when the names of certain ladies are placed before her.  I doubt she would accept Pippa Middleton, or are we going to see another incidence of HMQ being TOLD that Pippa Middleton will be her sister's LIW.  The others on such a list are trained and well trained.
What's next on the agenda, I wonder Jimbo as Prince William's Aide.
Will the last member of the present staff to leave Buckingham Palace, please turn out the lights!!!
princess_elena
gossip insider

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 11:41:57 am »

He,he,he, is PW try to avoid his own family? I remember this kind of story had appeared before Xmas (that was of course before the fateful announcement)  and the next day there was pictures PW with his family at the church steps. If this story is true, I think that PW already cross the line. I don't remember any of his family dare to upset HM.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 03:17:44 pm »

The others on such a list are trained and well trained.

Adn they can pay their own way, not expecting the Palace to foot the bills. I thought that was a major requirement of LIW, being able to pay their own way and then also pound pavement collecting small flowers, carrying replacement shoes/nylons, a small bag filled with things that will be needed, plus writing letters of thanks and notes and reading and responding to mail.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: