Royal Gossip
October 24, 2017, 04:59:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Duggars  (Read 6378 times)
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 11:54:06 am »

What I find most disusting is that the Duggars did all they can to protect their son, including not reporting it, but never protected their daughters who were molested.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 10:15:16 pm »

19 disgusting things I learned about the Duggars from their TV interview... and counting
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3111528/Piers-Morgan-19-disgusting-things-learned-Duggars-TV-interview-counting.html

Duggars break their silence on Josh molestation scandal: Jessa says she was a victim but DEFENDS her brother, and 'devastated' parents Jim Bob and Michelle tell Megyn Kelly they 'feel like failures'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3109930/We-devastated-felt-like-failures-Duggars-break-silence-eldest-son-Josh-s-molestation-young-girls-emotional-Megyn-Kelly-interview.html

'There is something very sinister beneath the surface': Montel Williams calls Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar 'hypocrites' following molestation interview
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3111260/They-denial-Montel-Williams-calls-Jim-Bob-Michelle-Duggar-hypocrites-following-Fox-molestation-interview.html

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar broke their silence about son Josh’s sexual molestation scandal on Wednesday night, but their interview was filled with misinformation and the reality TV couple also withheld crucial facts, according to public documents, obtained by In Touch magazine through the Freedom of Information Act.
http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggar-interview-7-crucial-facts-they-didn-t-tell-you-the-cover-up-continues-59917

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:19:37 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2015, 12:07:27 am »

I feel bad for the sisters. Not only were they molested by their brother, but now everything was made public and the whole world knows about it. And they even lost their TV show because of their brother.  sob
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 02:38:43 am »

I feel bad about the survivors having to relive it all over again (Even though the police report was obtained legally, all names of the survivors AND Josh were redacted, and no one would know for sure who the victims were if they weren't doing this dang interview. Otherwise, it would be a bunch of speculation) but not about them losing the show. They are all able bodied. Get out and get a real job like everyone else. It's not the end of the world.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 03:56:38 am »

If not for their upper class lifestyle, people would look at them as trash.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 10:06:55 am »

I think people can guess who the victims were based on the ages given in the report.

Yes, of course they can go out and get jobs, but they seemed to enjoy doing the TV show. They are being punished yet again for their creepy brother's past and their parents' poor judgment. That's the part I don't think is right.

I know Honey Boo Boo also lost her show, but she's a minor and can't really do a show on her own. Two of the Duggar daughters/sisters are grown and married and they could focus the show on the next generation.

A lot of people do/did view them as trash, even before the molestation scandal. There seems to be a general disdain for large families and families with strong Christian beliefs in the media, and considering how much time people spend watching TV/online, these beliefs are picked up by the population at large. Large families are viewed as irresponsible and Christians are portrayed as behind the times and/or unintelligent.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2015, 11:01:37 am »

^Very good points and to demonize the whole family is truly unfair.  It's difficult to see because of the sheer size of this community but they are all individuals with some good qualities as well.  And it is a community more than a family, per se.  It's practically impossible to be, as a parent, on task with that many children especially when those children are taking on your own roles as a substitute parent.  I find that part extremely irresponsible.

But, if you're going to shove sexuality, which is how you get pregnant in the first place, in a child's face over and over and over and then combine it with extreme repression, you're going to have rogue behavior and immense curiosity.  If I thought that having babies and tons of them was the way to go, I can almost understand how this would become a side obsession.  Jim Bob, the father, also doesn't seem to be the sharpest pencil in the box, either, and add to that a submissive and tag along wife, who's really fully engaged and at the helm?  The kids themselves it appears so to play "mommy" or "daddy" almost seems 'normal' in their cloistered and kinda cultish world.  And, having sex is pretty much what mommy and daddy do so it doesn't take Einstein to figure out that some or all of them are going to want to act that out and try to find out what the excitement is all about.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 11:36:44 am »

If not for their upper class lifestyle, people would look at them as trash.

What upper class lifestyle are you speaking of??
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 05:14:23 pm »

^Exactly, the Duggars are just as much upper class as the Middletons...not at all.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2015, 07:45:31 pm »

Okay, but to me they seem very well off.

I do believe that they've been nothing but hypocrites and I dislike them so much.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 10:06:04 pm »

KF is right if they weren't wealthy and with an air of respectability the backlash would have been way worse.

Honey Boo boo show was cancelled very soon after the gossip about the mum's boyfriend meanwhile this show is still on and people even defend them.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 10:20:58 pm »

Mama June Shannon Threatens To Sue TLC If They Don't Cancel '19 Kids And Counting'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/22/june-shannon-cancel-19-kids-counting_n_7421202.html

right Honey boo boo people looked down on them they wore trashy fat family

the Duggers they represent the wholesome good Christine family could you imagine if the duggers was some poor trashy wale-fare having family? TLC would have pulled them fast . The duggers is TLC cash cow they bring the ratings and sponsors.TLC was getting a lot of backlash for keeping the duggers on the line up even some of the sponsors start to pull out. yeah its off now i think TLC after things die down will sneak it right back on they just wont film josh.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 11:11:36 pm »

The Duggars were a family who pretty much built up their own financial status until TLC came along.  I think the hostility has more to do with their preachy, self-righteous attitude than their financial status.  And don't forget, Jim Bob served in the House of Representatives in Arkansas so there's a political agenda as well.  I don't really think their money has that much to do with anything.  They're not in the same league as, say, the Kardashians. The American "Upper Class" is defined, by our gov't, as the 1%ers.  Those in the $10M income/year bracket, top venture capitalists, CEOs of large corporations and so on.  People who influence society with their financial status.  These people don't fall into that category.   It's all about their perception as being pure as the driven snow that has been particularly unnerving.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2015, 01:42:51 am »

Okay, but to me they seem very well off.

I do believe that they've been nothing but hypocrites and I dislike them so much.

They are well off. They weren't when the show first started. When the first special aired, they were relying on "love offerings" from church members to stay afloat. They cut the "buy used, save the difference" act a few years ago and started acting a tad Middleton-ish. These are the same folks who set up wedding registries with things like MacBook Pros on them and made it available to fans so they could purchase things for them. The same thing has been done with baby registries. They make $45K an episode alone. Now factor in the People spreads, speaking engagements, and book deals. 

I'm sorry, but I know waay to much about them to buy the line that they are being persecuted because they are a large family that happens to be Christian. There was A LOT that was not shown on this show about their hateful brand of Christianity. Just read up on Bill Gothard & blanket training. All of this stuff that has come out over the last 2-3 weeks had been discussed at length on several forums over the last 3-4 years.

While I do feel horrible that the survivors have to live through this, I don't feel bad about all the spoils going away. It's not just the parents and Josh. Jessa and her husband have said some foul stuff via social media, as well. You don't get to fling poo then cry victim when turds start showing up at your front door.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2015, 02:22:36 pm »

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar now under investigation after they 'REFUSE to allow human services worker to check on the welfare of child in their home'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3119155/Jim-Bob-Michelle-Duggar-reported-police-child-check.html

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2015, 02:57:15 am »

Yet another crack in the perfectly painted facade.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2015, 01:00:04 am »

http://gawker.com/family-values-activist-josh-duggar-had-a-paid-ashley-ma-1725132091

In 2013, conservative reality TV star Josh Duggar—of TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting fame—was named the executive director of the Family Research Council, a conservative lobbying group in D.C. which seeks “to champion marriage and family as the foundation of civilization, the seedbed of virtue, and the wellspring of society.” During that time, he also maintained a paid account on Ashley Madison, a web site created for the express purpose of cheating on your spouse.

Someone using a credit card belonging to a Joshua J. Duggar, with a billing address that matches the home in Fayetteville, Arkansas owned by his grandmother Mary—a home that was consistently shown on their now-cancelled TV show, and in which Anna Duggar gave birth to her first child—paid a total of $986.76 for two different monthly Ashley Madison subscriptions from February of 2013 until May of 2015.

According to the data, Josh Duggar was paying Ashley Madison in order to find an extramarital partner for the following acts:

“Conventional Sex,” Experimenting with Sex Toys,” One-Night Stands,” “Open to Experimentation,” “Gentleness,” “Good With Your Hands,” Sensual Massage,” “Extended Foreplay/Teasing,” “Bubble Bath for 2,” “Likes to Give Oral Sex,” “Likes to Receive Oral Sex,” “Someone I Can Teach,” “Someone Who Can Teach Me,” “Kissing,” “Cuddling & Hugging,” “Sharing Fantasies,” “Sex Talk.”

In July 2014*, he seems to have started a second account that was linked to his home in Oxon Hill, Maryland, where he spent his time lobbying against causes like same-sex marriage. The birthday listed in the data for Duggar’s first account is February 3, 1988, one month off Duggar’s actual birthday of March 3, 1988. The birthday listed for the second account is March 2, 1988.

The two accounts overlap by a period of a few months. When he launched the second account, Duggar paid an initial fee of $250 that appears to have gone toward the purchase of an “affair guarantee”:

Customers who buy 1,000 credits for $250 receive a money-back “affair guarantee,” if they don’t have an affair within three months.

The second account, which was registered in July of 2014, was paid on a monthly basis until May of 2015. We’ve reached out to TLC, the Family Research Council, and a spokesman for the Duggar family for comment and will update if we hear back.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2015, 07:11:35 pm »

wonder who else name on the list. I bet a lot of famous people using fake names

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2015, 09:05:09 pm »

^It should be a divorce lawyer's dream come true as they release more.  I just hope they pick the biggest fattest hypocrites out there like this guy. 

HennyPenny
gossip insider

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2015, 12:40:28 am »

I will be waiting with my snack...  laugh laugh
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: