Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 11:56:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another article on Kate. Ouch!  (Read 4576 times)
True Brit
Duchess

« on: November 27, 2010, 04:11:37 am »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/nov/26/kate-middleton-conservative-style

The knives seem to be out although some kind comments from posters - which for the lefty Guardian is something.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 04:37:16 am »

I think the fundamental idea of blandness is actually Kate doing her best (along iwht her family) to disown her 'lower class' roots by being boringly respectable, or what she thinks counts as respectable. Like a lot of people who come into a fortune, her family is behaving like they think the upper classes beahve, wiht enforced boring parties/dinners, while Carole worries more about Kate dirtying her hands instead of doing what REAL upper class girls do, which is get a job and stick with it. Anything resembling risk is decried and it would explain Kate's 'blandness' more than this article. Carole has pounded it into Kate and Pippa's head that the only way up is through marriage, not ahving a career which for some reason is seen as lower class, moreso than just mooching off of a rich man while hankering after the titled one.

A lot of families who are climbers tend to be really disdainful of anything that comes from individual effort, for instance, a guy who is making his way instead of the rich heir they would prefer their daughter to marry. The guy making his way might well be the type that would be decent enough, but the girl would be pressured to go for the heir and she might want the heir, but would simply point out her 'duty to her family' as a reason to dump the guy making his way. Another major facet is that they don't like the thought of being around relatives who aren't posh at all times, like shopping only at the 'right' stores, the 'right' pets, the 'right' clubs. It's worse the newer they are. By not working and just lazing around, she is actually betraying her 'lower class' roots all the more than if she had a cutthroat career.

Just because you don't have to work, doesn't mean that you shouldn't. It's a classical 'half arse' work ethic/attitude that a lot of chavs have. They have welfare, so why change? If Kate had Chelsy's fortune, I am certain that Kate would have likely flaunted it and then used it as more of a reason to not work. Carole's drive is channeled into matchmaking for her kids, but it isn't needed since you don't need marriage to survive these days. Everyone knows that. everyone knows that all you need to do is learn a solid skill and you'll have more than enough business. It think that Carole's influence has been dominant in her children's lives and it shows since the Middletons all seem to have careers and do well. Kate will likely retreat into even more blandness and demure behavior, mainly since hse has the prize and might think that a lack of resume makes her a lady.

The people are right about her being bland, just for all the wrong reasons. She's bland and will be twice as proper because she has been all the more inappropriate and golddigging in her methods of snagging William. She will likely revert to almost virginal behavior after the marriage, which will be interesting to watch since lots of women who do tarty things end up acting as if they were just shipped in from a convent after marriage.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 08:10:26 am »

goodpost

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 09:53:59 am »

Good article. thumbsup

My favourite bits...
This is why the image didn't chime with the sycophantic write-ups.
This is the pinnacle of her achievement and every woman in the land should aspire to it.
but why, watching this hard-edged girl and diffident young manboy, did I feel unable to place them generationally? They don't resemble any young people I know.
Fashion editors liked the dress. Possibly "surrendered wife" is the look du jour.
And why indifference rather than ecstasy is the more common reaction to this wedding. On one hand we are told Kate is a modern girl, on the other she seems to have no opinions and only a pretend job. Her forthcoming role as wedding mannequin and unbreakable ornament may indeed be her heart's desire but I see no way in which it could be described as modern.
Thus a woman whose school fees cost as much as the average salary is deemed middle class. This is blatantly rubbish. She is just less posh than many of the cabinet.

Kate Middleton "a diabolical creature. A plastic bag blowing through the streets has more personality"
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 05:28:51 pm »

On one hand we are told Kate is a modern girl, on the other she seems to have no opinions and only a pretend job. Her forthcoming role as wedding mannequin and unbreakable ornament may indeed be her heart's desire but I see no way in which it could be described as modern.

That's what gold diggers do, they are ornaments. REAL society women, to my knowledge, have careers and personalities, they have family life beyond scheming and they don't repress themselves to seem desperate for social acceptance. She's not modern in the sense that she's a career woman, but she's more old fashioned in the sense that she is regressing to liekly repaint her tawdry past. She has the opinions of the RF or William because she has no means of being able to disagree without running the risk of losing their favor, on which her whole future is determined. Don't think for five minutes that she doesn't have opinions, she simply keeps them to herself in order to get what she wants.

She is old fashioned in the sense that she has used her body and wits to get a man instead of using her wits to get a career and make ehr own honest way. It's not about 'modern,' but about meeting the expectations of societal standards. She isn't meeting society's standards for people her age and while she talked about motherhood, women who want just men and want children usually get married younger and get married with a man, not with specific requirements outside of being a good provider.

And why indifference rather than ecstasy is the more common reaction to this wedding.

The indifference comes from knowing her since her graduation, her lack of accomplishment that would make her interesting, or simply a lack of interest because of the massive problems that have beset Britain. There is a faint hostility, but I think that if the average citizen were to be able to really focus, there would be a lot more hostility. There would be hostility because it would be the triumph of the gold digger and the hostility would be chillingly justified. As it is, people are plainly sick of Kate and her family in many respects and even if times were good, there would still be hostility since Kate would be like those on benefits, enjoying the money, but not working to pay into it.

but why, watching this hard-edged girl and diffident young manboy, did I feel unable to place them generationally? They don't resemble any young people I know.

No, neither really fit in, in the sense that they are mainstream for royalty even. Wllliam is alienated from the RF and Kate from general society that goes to work/school on a daily basis and doesn't even bother trying to make something of herself as long as she has her comforts.

Fashion editors liked the dress. Possibly "surrendered wife" is the look du jour.

I think it's more 'desperate to be respectable' dress, like all her outfits. Always getting one or two fundamental things wrong, most notably because she looked like she was wearing a costume and the neckline was way too steep. Her problem is that she always wears too high heels or too short skirts with too steep necklines.

Thus a woman whose school fees cost as much as the average salary is deemed middle class. This is blatantly rubbish. She is just less posh than many of the cabinet.

The 'middle class' posturing is a form of class warfare. She is all well and posh when she wants to fit in, but uses her 'middle class' status to use against the RF/Aristos when she isn't getting the invites she wants to events, or when she got dumped. Now she has the ring, she will inevitably be identified as a 'top dog,' with all the prejudice that goes with it. School fees cost a lot, she was just not saddled with a bunch of debts like her peers.

This is the pinnacle of her achievement and every woman in the land should aspire to it.

Nothing wrong with aspiring ot anything, it's just the way that you go about it that determines who you are as a person. She as aspired to a husband, but look at how she did it and look at what she will have to live with as a person for the rest of her life. No one will let her forget it either, least of all the aristocrats and the people she meets overseas.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Chloe
gossip insider

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 12:30:32 am »

Good posts Kuei Fei!!

I love The Indepedent and The Guardian in particularly.  Always have. blink)
They're are not only into reality but also they're not kind of shapeshifters from an other galexy.  I'm serious here.  On the 16th november 2010, back at home after work, I thought it was some kind of a new episode of Fringe.  Medias were talking about a "modern" woman embodied into a "Kate Middleton", an engagement...etc.  

I frankly and sincerely was wondering into which world or even galaxy  these "journalists" were coming from... knowing that:
- the UK's public deficit
- about 500,000 jobs being suppressed
- the UK students' demonstration for their university fees
- the situation of Ireland...
- a Kate: who has no style, no title, no job, a druggie uncle, a brother fancying wearing women's clothes/paying with a dead squirrel or peeing on a fence, a sister loving to dress into toilet papers or into binge driking, Kate exposing her intimate parts even during a charity event for children... on the same day of the collapse of Lehman Brothers...

looky
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 12:43:04 am by C » Logged
Chloe
gossip insider

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 12:49:24 am »

I love The Indepedent and The Guardian in particularly.  Always have.

I don't know what happened.  But there was no smiley, certainly not that one into my previous post after that sentence.  I really do love these newspapers!

NB: Charlotte C. made an internship @ the Independent ...  Cool

Rectification 2:
(...) a brother fancying wearing women's clothes/playing with a dead squirrel (...)
I meant "playing" of course.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 12:54:34 am by C » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 01:01:43 am »

thanks for the compliment "C" and thank for being so understanding. She's not bland, but desperate to be seen as bland to cover up her disgusting family connections; note how the worse the family, the more deteminedly respectable they are. the majority of her fawning coverage comes form the tabloids, where they have been promoting her relentlessly; until the formal engagement, she wasn't in the more respectable papers and she still isn't getting the coverage that one would expect. The press will at most consider her bland, until she begins to make serious mistakes with her conduct; she's only bland because the mainstream press hasn't paid attention to her the way the tabloids have, she's an unknown in the upper tier of reporting. At the moment there's boredom, but in time there will be hostility.

The fawning comes from the press that she owes a lot of favors to and if she doesn't work with them or give interview, then they will turn on her. In no time, she will end up getting castigated as elitist and out of touch, wiht the screaming being entirely understandable since she is those very things. the minute she starts making a fool of herself, she will end up getting castigated by the press she owes so much to. This blandness only covers the more vulgar aspects of her personality.

I have a thread on her media coverage here: http://royalgossip.forumprofi.de/index.php?topic=222.0 Enjoy. She isn't as covered as you would expect, but in time I am sure that she will be covered, just for all the wrong reasons.

Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 10:32:29 pm »

I frankly and sincerely was wondering into which world or even galaxy  these "journalists" were coming from... knowing that:
- the UK's public deficit
- about 500,000 jobs being suppressed
- the UK students' demonstration for their university fees
- the situation of Ireland...
- a Kate: who has no style, no title, no job, a druggie uncle, a brother fancying wearing women's clothes/paying with a dead squirrel or peeing on a fence, a sister loving to dress into toilet papers or into binge driking, Kate exposing her intimate parts even during a charity event for children... on the same day of the collapse of Lehman Brothers...

looky
Well said! thumbsup

Kate Middleton "a diabolical creature. A plastic bag blowing through the streets has more personality"
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 10:36:51 pm »

Chloe, the minute the press stops fawning on Kate will be after the wedding, when Kate is expected to repay them for all they did for her. They are doing this for future interviews, not out of the kindness of their hearts or genuine interest.

The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 02:07:17 am »

The press is basically setting her up for failure.  She won't be able to do those special interviews because she'll be a product of the Firm.  She won't be the "People's Princess" like Diana was.  She won't be easily accessible for any and all paparazzi.  The press knows this, and should she ever complain, they'll rip off the gloves and go at her.
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 02:55:43 am »

I was at Barnes and nobles and I almost gagged when I saw I think if was Ok magazine that had her face on the cover and "A PEFECT PRINCESS" written on it

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

berlin
Countess

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 06:17:08 am »

B&B doesn't sell Hello! or Hola! anymore.  At least they do sell Tatler, Royalty, and Majesty.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 09:29:25 pm »

The press is basically setting her up for failure.  She won't be able to do those special interviews because she'll be a product of the Firm.  She won't be the "People's Princess" like Diana was.  She won't be easily accessible for any and all paparazzi.  The press knows this, and should she ever complain, they'll rip off the gloves and go at her.

Which is why she will get ripped to pieces, the minute the honeymoon between her and William is over. She owes the press everything and the press knows it, no interview, no celebration from the press. They have so many angles with which to ruin her life and I did once say that getting that ring would be the worst possible thing to happen to her in the end. The press will then let loose all sorts of new photos, interview ex-boyfriends, interview classmates, maybe the press might find out that Kate was expelled or asked to leave the college she was at, at first. All sorts of goodies might come out.

There will be more than enough people willing to talk.

She will please king protocol, but that won't fly because the press willl want stories and interviews, which she owes them. She doesn't have a pedestal in her own right and they've been calling her "Waity Katie" and getting away with it for so many years past and the public hasn't spoken against it, like they did when the press insulted Sophie.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 09:47:12 pm »

Did she really went to another college before going to St. Andrews?  :eyes:

Sorry for the newbie question

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 09:49:33 pm »

Before hse went to Marlbourough, she supposedly went somewhere else, from which she transferred.

Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 10:20:58 pm »

There was talk that she was bullied elsewhere and her parents sent her to Marlborough.

Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 10:28:48 pm »

Her bullied? I can picture her being the bully, like the mean girls. Why cuz she was so "pretty" or something?  sly Is it May yet?   bored3

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 11:29:37 pm »

I think she was a bully type too; just something about her shrieks 'bully', I mean, look at how she managed to claw her way into the marital bed with William and got Diana's ring.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 03:28:59 am »

Kate started Downe House at 13, but transferred to Marlborough after and term or two because she was being bullied.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: