Royal Gossip
September 22, 2018, 01:00:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All About Will and Kate New "Home" in Kensington Palace II  (Read 69406 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #460 on: September 03, 2017, 03:01:54 am »

I do think that all the royals should reside either at KP or Buckingham Palace; no London residence for Charles and anyone with an HRH in their name should follow the rules. Charles doesn't need that mansion and I don't think KP is too small. There is St. James and frankly that is how it should be.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #461 on: September 03, 2017, 05:04:58 am »

Clarence House is part of St James' Palace - which is the official seat of the British Court.

Other than Charles and Beatrice and Eugenie all of them do live either at BP or KP with those three at St James's which isn't open to the public for security reasons, other than the chapels, so it makes sense to have it as a royal residence as well.

Anne, Andrew and Edward have apartments at BP for their London bases while William, Harry and the Dukes of Gloucester and Kent, Prince Michael and Princess Alexandra are based within the KP complex. KP isn't a single building but a series of linked apartments/cottages etc such as Nottingham Cottage where Harry lives.

Charles does need a large base in London as he has a large office staff to be housed and he is the heir to the throne.

In times past the heir was at Marlborough House, which is even larger but is now the HQ of the Commonwealth. The only reason why Charles had to wait until 2002 to move into CH was the longevity of the Queen Mum. He would normally have moved into somewhere that size on marriage. I would expect William to move into there when he is the heir and Charles moves to BP - assuming he does do that and doesn't follow through with the idea of staying at CH and having BP basically a hotel for overseas dignitaries and government offices rather than the home of the monarch. It was what the Queen wanted in 1952 but Churchill and Queen Mary told her 'not possible'. Maybe whoever is PM when Charles reaches that point won't care.
Lindsay
Baroness

« Reply #462 on: September 03, 2017, 02:30:18 pm »

So it's almost inevitable that Kate will be caught out shopping way more once they are based in London. Do you think we will see a solo William out enjoying the London night life he loves once they get back? He is going to H-A-T-E not being able to fly under the radar and only have pictures come out when it suits his needs. Litigious Will will be back in full force.
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #463 on: September 05, 2017, 02:29:20 am »

^What does Litigious mean?

Really A Baron
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #464 on: September 05, 2017, 02:50:40 am »

Litigious means those fond of filing suits in court, suing people.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #465 on: September 05, 2017, 02:51:58 am »

Someone or organisation who takes a lot of legal actions

The dictionary says it more formally as: litigious

adjective

tending or too ready to take legal action to settle disputes - this describes William and Kate I think
"our increasingly litigious society"

concerned with lawsuits or litigation.

suitable to become the subject of a lawsuit.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #466 on: September 05, 2017, 05:30:54 am »

They no longer have free legla services, remember? Their legal firm dropped them and no longer works for free; I imagine WK overworked them.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Lindsay
Baroness

« Reply #467 on: September 05, 2017, 02:39:00 pm »

^ When has William ever had a problem spending other people's money?
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #468 on: September 05, 2017, 04:45:23 pm »

^No problem at all, he is 100% taxpayer funded, and all these people who say but chucky pays from the Duchy of Cornwall  -  doh!  And where does that Duchy get its money from, yes, the taxpayer.  So he keeps his own inheritance safe and sound (or maybe half of it sitting on the deeds for meddledoom manor for all we know, it is rumoured that is the case.  Look at the 4 million plus revamp to KP  -  HM used the maintenance money for BP on that and then begged for a grant to fix the roof at BP. She is as bad as the rest of them.
india
Princess

« Reply #469 on: September 05, 2017, 09:32:03 pm »

I used to love the RF but that was before the age of the internet. I detest them now.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #470 on: September 05, 2017, 09:34:46 pm »

^As do many others.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #471 on: September 05, 2017, 10:16:14 pm »

^^ Kind of the same. When I was younger ( a kid) I used to be impressed by royalty and seen it with a bit of stardust in my eyes (real life kings & queens and princes & princesses!! thanks Disney! I still love Disney though! ha!), though as I grew older I realized they aren't all that and became aware of the injustice of that system; and then the tonnes of information and documentaries were the last and real eye openers and the last nails in their coffin for me.
Which is why I don't believe the system will survive much longer. People don't have the same reverence for the monarchy and the titled like they had even as recently (in the grander context) as 30 years ago and even greater still before then. People know much more, are much more educated and intelligent. Why suffer these fools for much longer? Might be why Liz is still in such good shape apart from great genes, great healthcare and great lifestyle: she knows it's basically over after her, so it's her motivation to keep going as long as she can.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #472 on: September 06, 2017, 08:38:47 am »

I do think that back then, royals could pull it off since in a way, they were needed to bring attention to things and events and do charitable work. Now people are basically able to do that and royals are clearly not at all even trying to better themselves in any area. KP is a great place for the royals to live, but interestingly, William and Kate prefer to basically sit back, slack off, and apparently they think they'll be able to just walk away wealthy and free, which is not true.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #473 on: September 06, 2017, 09:44:41 am »

^No problem at all, he is 100% taxpayer funded, and all these people who say but chucky pays from the Duchy of Cornwall  -  doh!  And where does that Duchy get its money from, yes, the taxpayer.  So he keeps his own inheritance safe and sound (or maybe half of it sitting on the deeds for meddledoom manor for all we know, it is rumoured that is the case.  Look at the 4 million plus revamp to KP  -  HM used the maintenance money for BP on that and then begged for a grant to fix the roof at BP. She is as bad as the rest of them.

HM used the maintenance money for the occupied royal palaces. It isn't just for BP but for all of them - BP, KP (including Wren House and Nott Cott), St James (including CH), Windsor, the Palace of Holyrood and Hillsborough Castle. KP needed work done as does BP and she decided where to prioritise that money.

Had Tony Blair not frozen the moneys back in 1997 and allowed it to keep pace with inflation at least than a lot of the minor maintenance would have been able to be done over the years rather than get pushed back. He 'savings' back then are why everything is going to cost so much now - false savings.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #474 on: September 07, 2017, 03:11:25 pm »

Wimpo and Waity want CHARITIES to pay for a 24 million basement! Shocked
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/643142/Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-mega-basement-Kensington-Palace-George-Charlotte
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #475 on: September 07, 2017, 04:28:01 pm »

^^ I beg to differ.  I did indeed read with my own eyes that money reserved for BP was spent on KP for the vile duo, and they went well over budget, that is without paying some charity to vacate.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #476 on: September 07, 2017, 10:02:41 pm »

I do think that this is just going to make more people seethe as this hits the Daily-mail; no way will people be happy and a two story basement?

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #477 on: September 07, 2017, 10:21:56 pm »

^^ I beg to differ.  I did indeed read with my own eyes that money reserved for BP was spent on KP for the vile duo, and they went well over budget, that is without paying some charity to vacate.

The money came from the Sovereign Grant which does not specify what the money is for at all - it is to cover official expenses, salaries of the staff involved in the official side of the royals and the maintenance of the occupied royal palaces. It is not broken down into what amount has to be spent on what - unlike the previous budget which set the amounts for each type of expenditure but again not which palace was to receive maintenance money. That has never been specified.

There are many stories out there about things to do with the royals that are easily found to be lies and exaggerations by reading the relevant official documents such as the legislation.

When they did up KP they spent went over the budget because they found way more asbestos there than they expected and that will always see a budget overrun. I know when I demolished my modest two bedroom home in 2012 I was expecting, had budgeted for and had been quoted for asbestos sheeting out the outside of the house and the garage but when they started doing  the inside they realised that all the inside walls were also asbestos - for my little house that took the bill out over $AUS1000.00 but it had to be done and paid for at that stage - had no outer walls left. The KP apartment was a lot bigger and so would have cost a lot more - and living in the UK is a lot more expensive than living here.
LadyAva
gossip insider

« Reply #478 on: September 12, 2017, 10:55:56 am »

I used to love the RF but that was before the age of the internet. I detest them now.

That's what did it for me too and Kate.

"If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."  Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #479 on: September 16, 2017, 06:43:38 am »

I can't get over how she kicked out a charity from KP, that is a huge low blow.

If there really is that much asbestos, they should move instead of incurring more expenses; it's stupid to try to renovate such a place at this point and right now they should be living somewhere else instead of demanding a basement and more adjustments. They don't need a new basement.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: