Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 07:25:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All About Will and Kate New "Home" in Kensington Palace II  (Read 44977 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #420 on: February 08, 2017, 08:29:36 pm »

I have always found it weird they chose ap 1A. It may be the biggest, but it's also the one that's in best view for the public. Why didn't they just choose one of the other "apartments" that are more private?? Instead they are defacing a lovely building by planting that awful hedge and people who come to enjoy the view will have barely anything to see, but they happily take people's money via renting out the Orangery and from the shop and exhibitions at KP. With their Diana complex and obsession they should have moved into 8&9, instead of moving a charity out of 1A and still taking 8&9 to use as "office space" where they regularly twiddle their thumbs 9-5.

They should also get some therapy to get over their "privacy" paranoia. In about 10 years time they'll move deep into the woods into a cottage with just 100 rooms, so deep in that no navigation system can find it and you need a Land Rover, plane and ship to get there + a code that changes every 12hrs, your highness horsey will think of every new password himself, one of them being "cheese on toast".

Kate went after it and even threw out a charity to get it; she wanted it because it was the biggest abd best and she's making a big deal out of privacy to kind of hype her importance and feed her fantasies of being a princess immured in a palace. It also plays to her aspirations of being a proper Victorian era above stairs lady of means/leisure and she's basically enabling William's psychotic paranoia of the media. I am certain that she's determined to continue to erase her past and pretend that she started out as a immured proper princess and pretend that she's too delicate for this rough world.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #421 on: February 11, 2017, 12:23:17 am »

Kate and Wills planning a third baby? Harry and Meghan's engagement? Charles facing new embarrassment over Diana? What's really going on behind the royals' new £20,000 hedge

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4213290/What-s-really-going-royals-20-000-hedge.html#ixzz4YKbHZiEP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

‘And William has said he wants his wife to be seen less as a clothes-horse, more a workhorse

tehe William stop

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #422 on: February 11, 2017, 12:36:20 am »

Well, Willie should no all about horses as he physically resembles one.  laugh
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #423 on: February 12, 2017, 10:28:48 pm »

^The article expressed: 'Kate's very broody.'     
What an interesting description of Catherine.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #424 on: February 13, 2017, 07:21:06 am »

^^^

The journo who wrote that article is getting a lot of flack for his sycophancy. 

Willy looking better with his newly filed down front teeth, not quite so rat faced and obviously very pleased with them.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #425 on: February 14, 2017, 02:57:01 pm »

So sick of the word "broody."
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #426 on: February 14, 2017, 04:41:42 pm »

Considering she barely bothers with the kids she has now, it's surprising to hear she wants another kid.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #427 on: February 14, 2017, 04:52:26 pm »

^^And "keen".  I could live without that one, too.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #428 on: February 16, 2017, 05:13:09 pm »

^Dude, I am so tired of that word being used, especially as it relates to this lot.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #429 on: February 16, 2017, 06:09:02 pm »

I think Kate will be thrilled to be back in the city, but thing is, she won't get away with going out on the town and won't get away with regular shopping sprees. Kind of like being a mistress in a big city; surrounded by so much, but not able to partake mainly since she has ot be on call. She won't get away with doing the kind of things that non-royals get to do since she's ruined her reputation and image and in these troubled times, it would be horrific PR.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #430 on: March 11, 2017, 03:15:17 am »

Mega basement plans for Kensington Palace ahead of Wills and Kate's move back to London this autumn
Two-storey basement extensions are usually in breach of Kensington & Chelsea Council’s basement policy — but it looks as though the palace’s plans will get the green light. Council documents say planners are ‘willing to make an exception’ for the royals.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4303262/Basement-Kensington-Palace-Wills-Kate-s-move.html#ixzz4az1QfcxB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Rules for them and rules for the rest of the country it seems.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #431 on: March 11, 2017, 03:45:57 am »

The two storey basement is to accommodate the 100 or more Historic Royal Palaces staff who work in the historic building and store some of the Collections there, though. It's a bit misleading for Sebastian  to suggest that the basement is going to be used for the Cambridges. This work will take years to accomplish I should think and I do wonder whether the intension is for Harry to move into a large apartment in KP in the not too distant future, meaning more office space will go.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #432 on: March 11, 2017, 04:12:43 am »

OH great; back to the dormitory style of housing for servants.

Skilled hard workers 'get' a basement cell with diddly pay and the useless royals get lavish quarters and large budgets to indulge in pampering.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #433 on: March 11, 2017, 04:29:07 am »

Staff in the royal palaces haven't lived in 'dormitory' style accommodations for centuries.

The more senior staff have full multi-roomed apartments while the more junior staff have their own room with many now being ensuite as well.

This article isn't clear as to whether this is 'living' space or 'working' space - i.e. rooms for sleeping or office space.

I do think this suggests that both Harry and Eugenie are going to be housed there while Beatrice stays in her apartment at St James.

As the older royals are living so long there is a need to increase the living space for the other royals at KP.

As for those who argue that they shouldn't need to be housed in the palaces I wonder how many would complain if Eugenie was attacked in her own home due to lack of security around the home. She is close enough to the throne to need some degree of security but far enough not to need it 24/7. Many years ago Anne wanted to have a London apartment out of BP but was stopped from doing so due to the cost of security for the unit as that would be needed 24/7. On the large estates it is easier to check who is approaching the houses than it is in an apartment block where other people may have friends etc visiting.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #434 on: March 12, 2017, 02:48:30 pm »

I did notice the article said that the bill medd and council cath do not move back to KP until the autumn. Were we not told that they were moving back early this year.  More lies, smoke screens and mirrors.  Pretty obvious they are not back at KP yet anyway, any fool could realise that.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #435 on: March 12, 2017, 08:33:53 pm »

William isn't leaving the Air Ambulance until the summer so the autumn was always the date. They also were going to pull George out of his pre-school before the summer holidays for him. The move was to do with George starting school and that won't be until September - which was the date that I saw in the original reports I saw.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #436 on: March 12, 2017, 09:28:26 pm »

Prince William & Kate need additional renovations at Kensington Palace
http://www.celebitchy.com/527228/prince_william_kate_need_additional_renovations_at_kensington_palace/

More money blown on this worthless couple.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #437 on: March 12, 2017, 10:10:46 pm »

^ It's exactly the same story about the Historic Royal Palaces staff having to be accommodated elsewhere (under the Orangery) that appeared earlier. Nothing to do with the Cambridges at all!

In fact, if any of the BRF are involved in any way with this decision (apart from giving initial approval) I wouldn't be surprised if the KP apartments 8 and 9 (Harry's childhood home) are perhaps going to be renovated in order to give Harry a home at KP for the rest of his adult life. It's pretty clear that sooner or later he is going to need a larger home than Nott Cott and 8 and 9, although not a huge space, is able to be made into a private home once more.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #438 on: March 12, 2017, 10:49:08 pm »

Totally agree Rosella.

This is simply an anti-William and Kate story in the headlines but when you actually read the story it isn't about them at all but more about the need for more space for staff and offices.

The major reasons why that would be necessary is that either or both Harry and/or Eugenie are planning on marrying and they need the space to house them at KP. By having them there there would be no need to increase the security budget and being HRHs their is a security need for them - or at least for their homes.

I remember when Anne wanted to have an apartment in London outside BP she was told 'no you can't because the cost of the security would be too great - as well as the disruption for others living in the apartment building who would also have been subject to security checks e.g. if someone else living their wanted to invite people over for dinner those people would have to be fully vetted before being allowed into the building'. Housing the young royals at KP means making space for them as the older royals - Kents and Gloucesters are still alive and very much active in their roles.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #439 on: March 12, 2017, 10:58:01 pm »

WK are being scapegoated, but they have been so out of control extravagant that people automatically associate them with this. As for the DM, WK have been so relentlessly hostile towards the media so of course, the media is now retaliating. Frankly, the hostility and anti-WK/BRF sentiment is only natural since the only people making sacrifices on behalf of the nation is in fact the people, not the BRF. Instead, they're taking more and more out of the nation's coffers.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: