Royal Gossip
November 24, 2017, 02:42:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All About Will and Kate New "Home" in Kensington Palace II  (Read 56854 times)
Ella
Countess

« on: June 07, 2011, 08:38:35 am »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/kate-middleton/8560787/Duke-and-Duchess-of-Cambridge-advertise-for-household-staff.html

I stole this from libbyrose's twitter  legs

But it was for a good cause! So we can all  X-Mas_rolleyes at their new stance after all their headlines and leaks about how they are just so down to earth they don't want staff.

It'll be a waste of money if the staff they're paying is just sitting around KP because he's working in Wales, so I'm predicting either early retirement or Waity's moving to London.

So much for all their PR:
Small, family wedding ---> 20mil+ wedding
Kate will continue to dress herself ---> Hire a dresser
Kate will play housewife so we don't need staff ---> Hire housekeeper, valet, and butler
Clarence House is totally sufficient for their needs ---> Move to "modest" KP apartment
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 08:43:55 am »

Kate Middleton and Prince William advertise for servants

AFTER all the pomp of their wedding, Prince William and new wife Kate planned to do their own shopping, cooking and getting ready for work.

But after a whirlwind few weeks of life as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, they are advertising for household servants to take care of their day-to-day needs.

A source inside Buckingham Palace said last night: “William and Kate might have wanted to have a simple life and do everything themselves but it’s just not possible.”

William and Kate might have wanted to have a simple life and do everything themselves but it’s just not possible.”
Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/06/07/kate-middleton-and-prince-william-advertise-for-servants-115875-23184422/#ixzz1OZchHiWk

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 08:44:31 am »

Notes have reportedly been placed inside Buckingham Palace inviting household staff to apply for the positions, with Catherine hoping to interview and appoint some before flying out to Canada with William for their first official overseas trip on June 30

I have to ick at this. What does she know about good staff qualities and she should wait until AFTER her tour to have staff interviewed and hired.

As for Wales, I think William will be retiring in humiliation and scurrying to London to live the City life he's always supposedly loathed.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 08:48:04 am »

AFTER all the pomp of their wedding, Prince William and new wife Kate planned to do their own shopping, cooking and getting ready for work.

But after a whirlwind few weeks of life as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, they are advertising for household servants to take care of their day-to-day needs.

A source inside Buckingham Palace said last night: “William and Kate might have wanted to have a simple life and do everything themselves but it’s just not possible.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/06/07/kate-middleton-and-prince-william-advertise-for-servants-115875-23184422/#ixzz1OZeFUERp

The Palace will probably make selections. I can't see Kate having any clue what to do  or even how to interview someone for these postitions.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 08:56:15 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 08:58:51 am »

IMO other people will be making these choices for WK and PW and IMO i also feel that WK isn't controlling any matters concerning running her household.  Also why not have the tax payers pay for their upkeep just like the rest of em so not amused with this news.
Ella
Countess

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 09:06:15 am »

@KF: Definitely. She needs to get a feel for what she needs before hiring people.

If they hire internally, it's gonna be someone very low on the totem pole Kate can raise up to be loyal to her and her alone. We might see Paul Burrell part 2 in a few years.

How funny though, William has gotten by all these years with no one and suddenly needs all this help...

I think leaving work in Wales is probably coming up in the next year or so, possibly near any pregnancy announcements so people's brains will go to mush making excuses (Waity needs him! He'll be a better father than his dad was! Aren't they amazing for procreating like most of the population can?) that they'll forget the cost of training him. To fully pay it back, he'd need to do two full periods of employment with SAR, it's not looking like he's gonna finish this one if he's so busy with duties he needs a 24/7 fully staffed place in London...
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 09:27:24 am »

But the couple have now accepted they will need a helping hand with their everyday needs if they are to keep up with their demanding schedule of official engagements, it was reported.

Ah the excuse. She probably will have to do to much on her own at KP, or she does can't be seen as a housewife, will leaving near other aristos.

@SG I think too the palace will make a selection. Imo Kate doesn't know what qualities the staff needs.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 09:40:27 am »

IMO other people will be making these choices for WK and PW and IMO i also feel that WK isn't controlling any matters concerning running her household.  Also why not have the tax payers pay for their upkeep just like the rest of em so not amused with this news.

William will likely quit his RAF work and start doing full duties. If he had married a woman with an actual work history, then no one would mind a bit about him being out of town, but since Kate is eager to jet set, they want to see them doing something of use.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 10:39:30 am »

Ha! Ha! All very interesting and no surprise to we Royal Gossipers is it? All that mush about baking pies and living a simple life. She looks bloody dreadful on the Epsom photos - her makeup is too heavy as usual but it's more than that it looks like a mask. Either she's stressed out (most likely) or I did wonder if she's trying to get preggers and taking treatments or some such.

Not only will they be costing the public purse I bet no-one will mention the big security bill run up in Anglesey because PW wanted to live off base plus the building work on the "cottage" err "farmhouse" to make it secure. I understand they have to make it strong enough to withstand a mortar attack. Then there wa sthe story they have had it completely refurbished and furnished with items from John Lewis. Now John Lewis may sound quite middle class but it is stll pretty expensive and high end.

This has been PR blether from the start trying to make them sound down-to-earth. They know it's not flying so have decided to abandon that and go for being Royal. I think they're fecked whichever way they try and spin it.

Roll it out we're in the front row with the popcorn.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Ella
Countess

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 10:42:16 am »

*sigh* I can't sleep at all, so here's another version:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2000005/Jobs-Jeeves-Kate-Wills-advertise-royal-servants-new-London-flat.html

No mention of their pledge to not hire staff, but it's the DM so I guess it's expecting a miracle for them to be less than flattering.
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 10:43:52 am »

I think since the wedding the Palace are stepping in IMO. I have noticed there have been a few changes to William's routine.

You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, which doesn't say much for you.

Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 11:42:51 am »

SG - ITA.   She'll just sit in the corner of the room like a dummy, while experienced palace staff will do the interviewing.   I pity the poor sod who has to dress that bag of bones.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 11:45:41 am »

Wills is going away in sept. so it's only going to be Kate isn't it?

It's clear that they are preparing everything for her to live in London while he is away, but the excuse that she is going to have official events and cannot do domestic stuff is a bit far fetching.

Next year is going to be interesting....

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
June
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 12:11:03 pm »

I *despise* to say "I told you so" but I did state recently that Waity is just not capable of running a household, plus, she cannot cook. William has just twigged that he's been conned, no doubt.  tehe  legs  X-Mas_rolleyes

I think we all knew the pretty, sweet, ordinary housewife routine in Wales wouldn't last long.  sigh

I only have one question: what does this utterly useless woman plan to do all day?  Shocked  hall-whistle
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 12:43:07 pm »

I think the curse of Diana's engagement ring is starting to kick in. nervous

I think something is happening. Maybe things in Wales arent going so great or this marriage business to a Royal Family isnt as true brit mentioned isnt how Kate imagined it to be. I think she might be starting to feel the same sort of issues Diana and Fergie faced when married to the Royal Family. Her issues might be she is now being cut off in some ways to her parents, and is finding the family she has married into and that includes her husband, havent got the time to hold her hand the same ways her Mum and Dad have for her in the past.

It was clear during the engagement interview she was pretty clueless as to what she was getting herself into, and that William did all the talking for her. This housewife business in Wales was his idea, and I dont think its working. I think Kate may of liked it when she could just visit him and not be stuck down there all the time and perhaps on her own all the time. I think Kate is a needy person and so is William, and two needy people do not always make a great marriage. Both Williams parents were needy people IMO and that was a problem for both Charles and Diana when married.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:50:34 pm by Kezza » Logged

Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 01:05:43 pm »

thumbsup Kezza

The only thing I'd suggest differently is that WK and PW are both needy, but they both need different things.  PW is just now realizing, IMO, that he needs a woman who can help and support him in his duties and conduct herself properly (and you don't need to be an aristo to know how to behave).  WK is not that woman.

I don't know what WK needs, but IMO she's had her eye on the prize for so long that she doesn't have a clue what she needs, either, and I don't know if there will be a realization on her part.

If there was an equal exchange of neediness - say, the woman needing love and fidelity, the man needing a strong support and someone willing to be the center of family life, and they were able to provide that to each other - then the neediness would be balanced out.  But it's not, not in this relationship.  I don't know how they will continue on like this.  This week's pictures will prove interesting.
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 01:18:40 pm »

I agree Lieblich.

I'm starting to wonder if she was ever living full time with him before the marriage down in Wales in the first place. Perhaps a trail period for both would of been ideal.

I think they might be having some issues now.

June
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 01:26:27 pm »

^ Great post.  worship They just don't seem to complement one another, do they?  hall-whistle

@ Kezza: good post. I was thinking the exact same thing and have touched on this issue extensively.

It's one thing to "play house" when it's all fun and games, but a marriage, particularly one that comes with great expectations, and to a man of William's rank, is a whole different ball game. Kate went from her childhood bedroom to this cauldron and many seem to have overlooked that. It's not a bad thing for an ordinary woman, but she was not marrying an ordinary man, nor would she have an ordinary life. As we've all stated ad nauseam, this just hasn't been thought through.

Neither one of them were ready for marriage, IMO, and especially not Kate, who is very immature, has never understood adult responsibilities, and has the mindset of a dependent teenager, at best.  Lips Sealed

As for William: well, whatever the reason for this marriage, he's just a stubborn fool.  help He would send her packing back to Berkshire when he got busy and/or tired of her and most likely now realises that it was unreasonable to expect her to remain in Wales, doing nothing.  shifty

And, wait, hold the press ... he's probably just twigged that she cannot cook a piece of toast, much less run a household for two!  Shocked tehe  Tongue  easter-lol   Coffee screen

Honestly, what an utterly useless woman. And, to all those men who fancy her: would you want a woman who, not only expects a life of luxury, but one who has an aversion to work and cannot cook, much less keep house? Oh, and let's not forget that she has no interest outside of fashion, vacations, clubbing, sexual escapes, sunbathing, yoga and Harry Potter (that we know of), is of very average intelligence, with her biggest word apparently being: "interesting". shifty

I honestly do not know of ANY man who would want Waity. What does she have going for her that any decent, intelligent man would want?  ick  easter-think

Kezza: I've always stated that the problem was they never knew each other well enough. Now, I'm sure Kate's fans would laugh, but William shuffled her back with her parents when it suited him. I don't believe they ever lived together full-time and this relationship has been a very immature one, based on good times. Nothing more. Kate didn't comprehend the limitations on William's life. In all honestly, looking at those photos at the race track, I couldn't help but think what a boring life they both have for such young people.

William is such a fool ... he settled down too young and his party days are over now. I don't believe he was anywhere near ready for the commitment and restrictions of marriage.

I wouldn't be surprised if this marriage is over within the next year.  Lips Sealed
Ella
Countess

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 02:43:23 pm »

^I wonder how they'd justify it though? Like you can't spend 20m+ of taxpayer money then go, "oh, I can't stand her after all, sorry guys!" They'd need a big Waity-centric scandal to get rid of her without getting the public angry.

But I do agree w/ you and Kezza, it's becoming obvious that they never had a real trial run but were together on occasions when it suited him. Anyone can play housewife for a few days, actually living the reality takes a little more than that.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 03:23:41 pm »

Like KF said, you can't live the way that Waity's done (imo, scheming, whoring to get the ring) without some dirt being on her. I believe a lot of stories about her are being kept under wraps and the minute Wills decides he's done with her, the gloves will come off. I agree with June that this marriage will be over with soon.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: