Royal Gossip
December 14, 2017, 08:23:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will lawsuit fears keen photographers away from Kate Middleton?  (Read 1481 times)
karla64
Baroness

« on: November 26, 2010, 07:50:12 pm »

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/11/26/uk.royal.engagement.photographers/index.html?hpt=C2

[
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 07:53:50 pm »

Actually I think lawsuits will end up killing the RF with the rage of a very tetchy press and a public who has a right to know about their RF and their actions. There is no way that a lawyer will be able to spend time legitimately arguing for the suppression of every single picture and story. Kate is going ot be on the dime of the taxpayer (until the civil list is abolished next year) and representing the nation as the face of the women of Great Britain.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 08:13:33 pm »

^Exactly, as long as she's on the taxpayers dime, even a little bit, she has no room to complain or press charges. All she can do is ask for privacy in a public statement, but even then I don't think the public will be favorable. They will most likely point out she had 9 years to get used to the attention, not to mention she can't have the trappings of royalty without the press being there at least some time. It comes with the territory.

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 08:55:29 pm »

The wrost part is, that Kate isn't some scientist who has discovered something and is getting used to press/international interest, she's someone who has flaunted ehrself in the press and public's faces for a near decade. Kate is going to be their head of state, someone who is of legitimate public interest and she is going to be a future Queen Consort, something that will put her face not on the currency, but in the history books. If she doesn't get it right, she will end up destroying the monarchy; she no longer belongs to herself. Those who marry into money pay for every bit of it they enjoy.

I don't like the press, since they have a nasty habit of lying outright at times, but this is understandable. If Kate ends up insulting a wife of a wealthy businessman, or a First Lady, then it could mean the loss of contracts, jobs, and possible war since it would be interpreted as the views of the British nation. I see this as Kate not understanding her role as a wife of a head of state and the mere fact that lawyers will be sicced on photographers, will start a war with the public vs the monarchy. Secondly, Kate once (early one) filed a PCC against a photographer who photographed her sitting on a bus once. Then the last year's Christmas drama, the ruined career of a photographer no less.

The public has a right to know what is going on and there is no way the Brits will stand for some sanctimonious lawyer wagging their finger and confiscating film from anyoen. If Kate is up to no good, or her odious little family is, the public has a right ot know. Behave in the first place, no problems will occur.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 01:52:56 am »

To me it seems rather arrogant to step into such a high profile life with all of its trappings and then expect privacy. The 2 are at odds with one another. I don't feel sorry for these people..not even the Queen. They can easily step off the gravy train and live a normal life if privacy is that important. In the end, I know why HM doesn't. Her sense of duty compels her. Where as with Killiam there's no sense of duty that I can see. Makes you wonder if it's all about egos in the end? baby

Kate Middleton "a diabolical creature. A plastic bag blowing through the streets has more personality"
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 02:11:42 am »

I think that HM only gets angry when lines are crossed, like during the Diana Era. But this is different, William can't stop the press from covering things, plus there's cellphone cameras, blackberries, etc. He can't get rid of them or order them confiscated during engagments. William and (I think mainly Kate) act as if their accomplishments give them the right to have some say over their coverage. If someone cured AIDS, or Cancer, or any other currently uncurable disease, I would understand a certain level of respect would be maintained and the scientist would rightly state that they have a right to have boundaries respected and in some cases, lines drawn in the sand.

But with these two stooges, they only have goodwill from William's mother, which is fading fast. William isn't some rich billionaire in the jet set or some businessman who deserves a solid amount of privacy if only for his safety. William isn't the same, he has birth and breeding, but that should be the bonus part, on top of accopmlishments. IF he wants privacy after his marriage, he can live on base while doing his work and Kate can be on base with the other army wives.

Chloe
gossip insider

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 02:17:23 am »

The same old with these two.  Always.

Remember the time after their graduation.  These 2 went clubbing into public spots where paparrazzis are.  Then, before pulling out the late Diana (when it suits Big Willy) they had dared to ask for their "right to privacy" as "normal" young people.  Yeah, everyone knows that "normal" young people have no job and they do go clubbing in the middle of the week into posh clubs!

They have seen that the public isn’t eating into it... I can bet everything that’s going to be the same.

They should go ahead.  thumbsup
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 02:20:25 am »

With the first press lawsuit, Kate will get blasted since she 'knew what she was getting into,' and William will get crucified for 'abusing the monarchial prerogative.'

Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 02:21:39 am »

Remember the time after their graduation.  These 2 went clubbing into public spots where paparrazzis are.  Then, before pulling out the late Diana (when it suits Big Willy) they had dared to ask for their "right to privacy" as "normal" young people.  Yeah, everyone knows that "normal" young people have no job and they do go clubbing in the middle of the week into posh clubs!

Well said C thumbsup

Kate Middleton "a diabolical creature. A plastic bag blowing through the streets has more personality"
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 02:47:51 am »

Why not party on the estates of aristos? Oh, I forget, William or not, Kate wasn't welcome and likely still won't be. I see doors closing and being locked after the marriage, future King or no. The aristocracy has a long history of pulling their own rank and showing their like/dislikes of the antics of the royal families. Since so many are unknown, it is likely that many will live overseas and the Midds will be just as 'out' as they have been.

I just don't see how suing the pizz out of the press and threatening them with lawyers is going to do anything successful. Agencies can hire lawyers to fight back, plus the press would have a field day, screeching about how the monarchy is trying to abuse their authority by stifling the press.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: