Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 05:50:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Wedding Cutbacks  (Read 6124 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: November 26, 2010, 07:12:10 pm »

I wonder if the wedding will have certain things omitted because of the economy and the fact that HM and charles will be footing the bill.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 07:30:25 pm »

I doubt it  bored3

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

DrWonderWoman
courtier

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 08:11:25 pm »

I don't think they will either.
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 08:16:17 pm »

I think there should be, and that HMQ and Charles would think so too, but since they are virtually in the dark over the preparations and Wiliiam and Kate think the world belongs to them, I doubt there will be cutbacks as well.  thumbsdown

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 08:32:59 pm »

it said No budget cut on for Royal wedding

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2010/11/26/BBC-No-budget-cuts-for-royal-wedding/UPI-29881290798026/

[
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 08:42:51 pm »

I think there should be, and that HMQ and Charles would think so too, but since they are virtually in the dark over the preparations and Wiliiam and Kate think the world belongs to them, I doubt there will be cutbacks as well.  thumbsdown

Wedding costs like that will likely be staggering, so if HM is paying for it, then I daresay that Kate is already costing them a fortune. A fortune that is usually picked up by the state; it's not just about being able to afford it, but should someone (your inlaws especially) pay for such an expense? She is the one who campaigned to get into this family and THEY are the ones paying for HER wedding? Meanwhile her and William are going all out without thinking of the expenses they are incurring and the nutty extras on top of everything else. Each time they add a reader, they add more time and therefore more expense. Plus, background checks will have to be done on all the guests and there are going to be diplomatic problems if heads of state are excluded and that will be a total insult to the nations they represent.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 08:26:49 pm »

I really would like to see HM take control over the wedding.  There has to be a point where she simply won't bend anymore to her spoiled grandson's tacky fiance.  I believe the dress, the carriage, the bridesmaids gowns, the sheer amount of flowers, should be the Queen's choice to approve.  If she doesn't then Kate will make HM look like a fool.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 08:39:46 pm »

I think Kate has laready made HM look stupid enough, plus half these ideas are just a cheap try to generate populist goodwill, no genuine caring. More than enough for so many, but nothing for the soldiers who put their lives on the line? No invitations to heads of state, which is a slap in the face to entire nations. I think that after HM returns, therre will be at first a mass crucifixion of William, then Kate will have her turn. If Philip didn't have to go with HM, I'm more than sure William would have been caned by now and dragged off ot a military base to get his head fixed. They've been running ahead with this because they know that once HM gets back, she'll be in charge of the rest, likely the bill since William is uninterested in bothering about that.

I noticed that HM wasn't smling as much as she usually does during a tour.

spookyboo
courtier

Long live HRH King Henry IX

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 06:57:06 pm »

Prince William is a bridezilla!  Wants what he wants even though he's not paying for it!!! So disapointing... :(

Loyal Harry-ite#8
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 07:00:26 pm »

Disgusting. If it were his pence on the line, Kate would be getting a chapel service at St. George and that would be that; or he would be taking out a loan out of Coutts and start in the 'red' so to speak. But I wonder, WHY is Kate making and getting all her demands met? She has hardly a pence to her own name (her parent's bank account doesn't count) and yet SHE is the one who wants to spend all this money on herself. A large wedding, lavish gown, speeches, and all these people, but SHE isn't paying for it and neither is William.

I think that once HM is required to return we'll find out what will and won't happen.

Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 03:03:03 pm »

I have a brilliant idea celebration

How about cutting back on the bride? TCP baking cookies

Kate Middleton "a diabolical creature. A plastic bag blowing through the streets has more personality"
The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 03:36:39 pm »

Make her gown out of cotton and polyester instead of silk.  Have her lace come from doilies with tea stains.   Make her compete on Bridalplasty for Botox. Tongue 
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 03:44:13 pm »

Wedding costs like that will likely be staggering, so if HM is paying for it, then I daresay that Kate is already costing them a fortune. A fortune that is usually picked up by the state; it's not just about being able to afford it, but should someone (your inlaws especially) pay for such an expense? She is the one who campaigned to get into this family and THEY are the ones paying for HER wedding? Meanwhile her and William are going all out without thinking of the expenses they are incurring and the nutty extras on top of everything else. Each time they add a reader, they add more time and therefore more expense. Plus, background checks will have to be done on all the guests and there are going to be diplomatic problems if heads of state are excluded and that will be a total insult to the nations they represent.

KF, PW should not be mad at that point, he's crazy, but should not be at that point. He should instead have warned long before this announcement of marriage to HM. Camille is not sure yet one day come to replace as HM the Queen, but Kate on April 29 will be right to replace HM, unless something goes wrong, which I think unlikely, since she showed that it was always what she wanted: the crown. What sane person leaves showing private parts to her boyfriend back to her. I do not believe that divorce will occur, whatever PW does. I feel sorry honey there

Motto for the year 2019: "He who overcomes will have these things for his heritage; and I will be his God, and he will be my son." (AP 21:7).
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/en/home/
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 04:44:42 pm »

Remember, HM is Queen Regnant, not Consort. Camilla will be Queen Consort, as Kate will. As for talking to HM, it's likely that HM might have made it clear that she didn't approve, so go figure, this is why he's done this teh way he has. There will be no divorce, but there will be the ruination of the monarchy.

MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 05:13:09 pm »

Yes, it will be the ruination of the monarchy, but even there IMO she won't lose, she'll get to keep all the goodies, unless they are very very careful, regarding what is royal, and in effect belongs to the state, and what she and her family can get her mitts on.
Such a change from the recent marriage of the Duke and Duchess of Parma, in Belgium. A nephew of Queen Beatrix.  he and his bride, Anne-Marie are a lovely couple and what makes me admire them both is that her veil was from a sustainable source of fine what paper, embroidered with flowers and birds.  It looked exquisite as did Anne Marie.  They are both committed to sustainable resources. Maybe a new start for that family.  Such a real contrast from WC.  Waity probably wouldn't grasp what people were talking about.
The appeal to the populist aspect is very true, and that is very often the lowest common denominator, and not very clever.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 05:22:13 pm »

IF William were marrying someone like Sophie, it would be Populist, but Kate is Lowest Common Denominator. Plus, if the BRF were tossed out, I think it would simply be like shutting down a company and then liquidating the assets or putting them on display by turning the palaces into a museum.

MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 05:44:19 pm »

True enough Kuei Fei, that is why there has been confusion as to what is private gifts and what is a gift to a visiting head of state or their heir.  For instance Camilla's very flamboyant ruby and diamond necklace and earrings. Officials in charge of these things should also ensure that there are no shareouts and we don't get to see them on loan to Pippa, MaMidds or her pals.  Not even once.  There are more than a few MPs who will also be keeping their eyes open, and no they weren't involved in the expenses scandal.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 09:28:16 pm »

Here's my old thread I started about wedding cutbacks.

Now it's a buffet instead of banquet
A car instead of carriage

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 11:00:36 pm »

nd the whole thing appears to have been taken over by HM and her courtiers KF. What a difference a month or so makes. I really would love to be a fly on the palace walls.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: