Royal Gossip
November 20, 2017, 11:01:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen & DoE Relationship  (Read 17554 times)
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2017, 10:07:19 pm »

The article did mention that the 1981 Christmas photo was Charles and Diana's wedding picture.

There are a few other years missing as well in the 1980s - e.g. 1986 - which may also have been one with Sarah and Andrew's wedding.

I saw many of these in 2002 as they were on display at Sandringham House for the Golden Jubilee and the 1981 one was definitely of Diana and Charles on their wedding day.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2017, 10:17:01 pm »

^ That's good to know. Wish they had that included properly, the pics shown certainly make for an imbalanced image.. This is one of the few times I skipped the text, the dm rarely writes anything noteworthy in these types of articles and the pics disrupt the flow of the text  Embarrassed
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2017, 12:52:19 am »

Philip's comment about an outfit that made the Queen blush, how she uses her corgis to avoid tricky conversations and why the Duke loves a BBQ: An intimate portrait of the Royals 70-year marriage

The Queen blushed at Prince Andrew's wedding in 1986 when Prince Philip complimented her outfit
    She often copes with her shyness in social situations by dipping down to feed her corgis under the table
    Philip enjoys barbecuing on the Balmoral estate - while the Queen insists on doing the washing up

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5075769/An-intimate-portrait-Royals-70-year-marriage.html
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2017, 08:57:38 am »

Why a footman gave Andrew a black eye and it was the Queen who was livid with Edward for quitting the Marines: More intimate details from the royals 70 years of marriage

The boy closest to the Duke of Edinburgh's heart is his youngest, Prince Edward
    Edward had to face rumours that he was gay and wasn't forced into the Services
    But his mother was furious that he quit the Royal Marines after just four months

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5079315/Queen-livid-Edward-quitting-Marines.html
dianab
Countess

« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2017, 10:54:31 am »

the queen lucky out that edward is spitting image of hers.... already andrew... well ... btw a fair article would have had photos of the queen with lord porchester and baron plunket nervous
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2017, 05:49:44 pm »

Except for the teeth, Andy is the odd man out; he doesn't look like any of his siblings, yet they all look like family.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2017, 05:58:39 pm »

Whenever Liz passes (and I hope it's not for another decade!!) she going to have to face her sister, whom she refused permission in wanting to marrying Townsend an equerry while she gave permission to her daughter to do just that.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2017, 06:20:45 pm »

Not to veer too OT  Embarrassed Margaret had permission, but would have to give up some of her status & privileges, so decided against marrying Townsed.
I think Liz will have to face some people, but for more serious reasons  spy
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2017, 07:03:49 pm »

^^ Andy's got the huge Mountbatten chompers. Lord Mountbatten's sister, Louise, who married the King of Sweden had some that dominated her whole face.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2017, 08:05:16 pm »

Whenever Liz passes (and I hope it's not for another decade!!) she going to have to face her sister, whom she refused permission in wanting to marrying Townsend an equerry while she gave permission to her daughter to do just that.

Times had moved on between the 1950s and the 1990s.

If they hadn't then anyone getting a divorce would have to fight it out in court and have a 'guilty' and 'not guilty' spouse, homosexuals would be being sent to prison, the death penalty would still apply in many civilised countries as well as the barbaric ones, children would be leaving school in their early teens, life expectancy would be in the 60s not 80s etc etc.

The very fact that Anne was able to do something that Margaret couldn't shows that the BRF had moved with the times.

Of course HM would have told Margaret all about the permission to Anne's second marriage before it took place seeing as she remarried in 1992 while Margaret died in 2002 so HM won't have to 'face Margaret' in the afterlife as she has already dealt with that issue face-to-face in this life.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2017, 08:51:01 pm »

In many ways I would say the royals have regressed with the times. In the eighties, I would say the Queen and immediate family knew about Camilla, yet sanctioned a marriage of Charles and 20 year old Diana.  Also, the Queen chose to ignore the ramifications of Charles' involvement with married women. And things just deteriorated from there. I don't think the Queen thinks divorces "OK" I think she just tries to make the best of a bad situation. There was still an Edwardian influence on Prince Charles who followed the mores of that time where it was "OK" for a Prince to have a mistress and the wife needed to put up and shut up. This clashed with 20th century views of marriage where the wife should not have had to put up and shut up. I would not say Charles' situation was necessarily better. The problem is I think Charles did not move with the times. And many of the attitudes of the royals did not move with the times either.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2017, 10:51:37 pm »

He looks like a plum pudding! What Prince Philip exclaimed to the Queen after Charles was delivered by Caesarean... as revealed in the latest part of our intimate portrait of their 70-year marriage

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5082919/What-Philip-exclaimed-Queen-Charles-born.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2017, 11:47:02 am »

Oh Oh. Charles is going to start whining about that!
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2017, 09:07:57 pm »

I never knew PC was born by Caesarean section
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2017, 10:19:59 pm »

Yes, that was a big surprise to me too. It's not mentioned in any bios I have ever read. I wonder where Ingrid Seward got her info from? Of course the QM had a ceasarian with the Queen and then a natural birth with Margaret so it's not that unusual, I suppose.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2017, 11:37:19 pm »

So what is the truth about Philip and those 'affairs'? Latest part of our portrait tells how rumours have dogged the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh's 70-year marriage

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5087027/So-truth-Philip-affairs.html
dianab
Countess

« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2017, 06:02:25 pm »

if it's true i'm not remotely surprised:

fast_Castle, London, United Kingdom, 5 minutes ago
Back in the sixties, a professor I knew was friendly with the Queen's psychiatrist. He said that Philip's infidelity caused her problems.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5087027/So-truth-Philip-affairs.html#ixzz4ycR6sWpv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook   Lips Sealed spy Lips Sealed
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2017, 06:31:10 pm »

^How could it not cause her problems?

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2017, 09:06:19 pm »

People insist there's never been any proof that Phil (or Liz for that matter) cheated, but imo it's important to note that things were easier to keep quiet than they are now. People also had greater respect for the monarchy and were more likely to keep quiet if they knew something or dismiss sth as "gossip/ rumour".
It was also normal in those circles to cheat, still is. Chuck and Camz anyone?

Though I find the allegation he cheated with Penny Romsey idiotic, they are related as far as I know, and I doubt if she had been a mistress she'd still hang around.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2017, 10:03:26 pm »

Men, usually, in positions of power will abuse that power to please themselves (see recent news and the world since Adam/Eve).  PP was wealthy, attractive, athletic, a flirt, active, little brakes on his behavior, no real defined purpose/job for a while, has/had a strong wife with a definite job description and women adored him.  What are the odds in all those years of marriage that he didn't have a liaison to simply enjoy himself?  Please. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: