Royal Gossip
November 20, 2017, 12:09:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen & DoE Relationship  (Read 17384 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2016, 09:54:24 am »

^Yes, aware that many have facades. Facebook is one hotbed of facades, I worked that one out several years ago.  People hide behind anonymity on there for sure, pretty obvious not everyone has the happy life they want us to think they have. Personally I think too many make their lives public on FB, not my style to tell the world what I think they might want to know, whether fact or fiction.

In HM and PP´s day they just turned a blinde eye to many things, made a life for themselves and only came together for family/official functions.  In Buck House that would not be difficult, could go months without seeing one another if they wished to.  For the average Joe on the street it would not have been quite so easy, and people just had to suck it up and get on with it, there was no rushing for divorce (big stigma attached to divorce in those days).  I have a friend who runs a newsagent business.  Just last year he and his wife visited a customer (couple in their 90´s), two identical papers delivered daily. Concerned it might be a mistake.  The wife answered the door, invited them in. Turns out she and the husband can´t stand the sight of one another, he lives at back of house, she at front and rarely see one another, and of course each has their own newspaper.  Apparently lived like that for donkeys years but only the one newspaper.  However, they fought over it one day hence the 2nd newsaper ordered.  What a sad way to live your life really, and all for appearances.

HM and PP were fortunate they could live seperate lives and keep up the facade. Also helped I would imagine because until the advent of the internet/smart phones with camers, social media, etc. etc. we knew very little about what they got up to behind the palace walls.  Everything hushed up and press forbidden to print.  Unfortuantely for them we are now in an age where it is very difficult to keep things hidden, as they have found out for themselves.   Maybe in the last 20 years or so they have rubbed along together as friends, but a "happy" marriage, I very much doubt that.  Maybe happy in themselves in their own way and doing their own thing, I will buy that.  I did read somewhere that she was grateful to him for supporting her over the years, so at least she had that from him.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2016, 02:53:47 pm »

Remember when Prince Philip took the royal yacht for a cruise around the world with some of his pals for about a year.  Obviously, he was "separating" from his wife at that time.  They did reconcile when he came back (and made his point to her) and Andrew was born.  Although some say Andrew isn't Philip's.  Anyway, I think Elizabeth and Philip do love and depend on each other, but they also had periods of estrangement but were able to go their separate ways without too much comment.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2016, 02:56:06 pm »

Yes, I do. And the constant rumours of cheating. But first of all I do not think they would have married if he had money and she was not the next queen. Plus Mountbatten.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2016, 03:13:36 pm »

It was an arranged marriage and frankly I wonder if whether or not Elizabeth loved him, or just wanted to own him. She was supposedly thirteen when she set eyes on him and I often wonder now if whether or not she just wanted him like she wanted a toy and basically decided to end up with him as her husband. In the world in which they live, she held higher rank and she was heiress to the most prominent monarchy in the world. Not easy to refuse.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2016, 05:11:01 pm »

^^^ Whaaat?? He sailed off for about a year???  blink I think it's common knowledge that they had very rocky patches, even shown recently in The Crown, but to leave like that is too much! I don't know too much of their marriage, but boy some of the things that I am reading here.. I know a bit, but not that much, anyway, I would have thrown more than just a shoe after him...
So you think that Liz had her own "transgressions"? I have read that she is "devoted" and very religious, so that doesn't seem to fit then.. And it was always sadly socially acceptable for a man to wander off, but not women.. Though in the aristo circles it wasn't that unusal for both parties to have their side pieces, as long as the heir (and spare) was provided. But them as royalty to do it is somehow still different. And wasn't her family against her marrying him also for fear that he might cheat?
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2016, 06:25:51 pm »

^^I've always thought the story was that she was the one that insisted upon marrying him. Didn't the family *despise* him and only went through with it to avoid the possibility of elopement?

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2016, 10:10:21 pm »

If you read this link you will read a little about HM and PP, plus the state of their marriage. Some refute it, others don´t.  I have read variations on this them on many sites/blogs, and the story rarely varies, and also if you look at photos it is quite interesting.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.talk.royalty/PXjkJT4MvJ8

If you have a look in Google images, lots of photos re the above.

Interesting, just found this on Google and it goes back to this forum in 2013

CrystalEve:
July 13, 2013, 09:55:21 pm

This is not about William, but on the same topic, and I didn´t know where else to post it.  Please admin feel free to move it elsewhere.  Interesting though, to publish this on the date damien was supposedly due.  An illegitimate brother for the Duke of Kent.  Look how long this secret has been kept.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2362442/Revealed-The-secret-illegitimate-brother-Queens-cousin-got-pain-knowing-real-parents.html

Their deceptions and secrets go back many generations.
Andrew's real father is racing Manager to Queen Elizabeth from 1969 until his death.
Henry George Reginald Molyneux Herbert, Earl of Carnarvon also known as Lord Porchester.  
A very close friend of the Queen, as described in the Telegraph, or a very, very, close friend of the Queen as described at Yahoo Answers.  Google on 'Lord Porchester' and you will feel unclean before you've even clicked on any of the links.
Whilst we are on this topic Prince Edward's biological father was someone called, Baron Patrick Plunket.
Anyone interested to view photos I will post if need be.
Knowledge is power and we are no longer kept in the dark.
The internet is one big nightmare for this oppressive power and unfortunately too big for them to suppress.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.onlinepublishingcompany.info/images/articles_images/recalling_royal_secrets/image_5.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.onlinepublishingcompany.info/content/sitenewsreadmore/infobox/news/template/default/active_id/1134&h=172&w=293&sz=10&tbnid=Kmh9rYBdzQwblM:&tbnh=68&tbnw=116&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dprince%2Bandrews%2Bfather%2Blord%2Bporchester%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=prince+andrews+father+lord+porchester&usg=__RX1hFS1jsrGFMXp11AMd4noTYDw=&docid=yDNc7g9wH2-FwM&sa=X&ei=o67iUfq0A8Sm0wWRtIDYCw&ved=0CC8Q9QEwAA&dur=4470

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:15:56 pm by gingerboy24 » Logged
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2016, 10:24:48 pm »

Not entirely following purpose of ^ this post but just to prove a point and no further.

Which is why I don't get why people say Harry looks like Prewitt when he takes after Philip when we was younger. He is a Mountbatten/Spencer mix, not that D and Phil got it on, but obviously it skipped a generation and Harry got his looks.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4a/97/bc/4a97bcc680f692e068b6d15c5a7e547a.jpg
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2016, 10:31:52 pm »

^ I have never understood why anyone could ever believe Harry is Hewitt's son. Both PH and PW look like Charles and like PP as the pic you provided illustrates.  dontknow  And I won't go there with the Molyneux chap. Just because.   tehe

Barnabe et Kitty...
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2016, 10:36:05 pm »

People will always believe what they want to believe. Only similarity between Harry and Prewitt is they both have red hair.

As dor the other stuff...definitely see the resemblance but can't say for certain.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2016, 12:55:04 am »

Red hair runs in the Spencer family. Harry's Aunt Sarah has the same shade of red hair.
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2016, 01:11:39 am »

Harry has a cousin that just got married not that long ago that looks just like him and has since they were kids. Sarah's son I believe, forget his name.

Back on topic, I never knew that about Andrew and Edward. blink
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2016, 01:46:06 am »

Yes, he was away for a year doing duties. I think the separation helped them because they were fighting a lot and needed a cooling-off period. Elizabeth becoming Queen so young and so soon into their marriage was very difficult for them.

The thing about Andrew and Edward is that they both look like their mother and her side of the family. I don't think HM would cheat, she seemed to be very devoted to Philip even though they had their problems.  dontknow
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2016, 06:15:07 am »

agree - I rather doubt HM would cheat - certainly not cheat and get pregnant.  She is a woman of faith and is devoted to Phillip.  Sure they had ups and downs all marriages do - but this seems to me to be a woman who takes her vows and duties seriously.  Don't belieb  it for a second.

Given a bunch of things - the Harry rumors are nonsense IMHO.
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2016, 06:45:32 am »

Dont think she'd cheat either. I just never knew they had rumours swirling about somebody else being their father like Harry did.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2016, 09:50:39 am »

Actually, I personally can quite believe she did cheat.  Not judging her at all, with a husband like him who could blame her. And why the discussions re HM closed to the public for 100 years, that makes no sense, Not a fan of HM at all, however in the circumstances if she got some comfort and happiness from someone other than phil then who am I to sit in judgement of her.  Many of us stray from the path at times, we are none of us perfect.  Divided opinion - some believe, some don´t, time will tell with the papers are released, but I sure won´t be around in 2059 to find out, and by that time, if true, then it will do no harm to HM at all.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2016, 10:06:25 am »

^ I do agree.  thumbsup

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2016, 10:45:16 am »

It wasn't a year. It was about 5 months from October 1956 to March 1957. The first purpose of the trip was to represent The Queen at the opening of the Melbourne Olympic Games and then to visit a number of overseas territories that weren't reachable by land.

The government and The Queen had decided that she wasn't going to do another four month trip but there was no reason why Philip shouldn't do one.

That there were strains in the marriage is understandable.

Whether Philip ever strayed - possible.

Whether the Queen would have cheated on Philip and had a child - possible but highly improbable.

Philip was certainly around at the time of the conception of both Andrew and Edward and is closer to both of them than he is to his eldest son. Would any man, who had any doubts about the paternity of his child/ren, be closer to them than to the child about whom there is no doubt whatsoever?

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2016, 11:34:40 pm »

Yes, it would be quite interesting for her to get herself knocked up by another man with her husband in the next room.  blink  She was so busy that every minute of the day counted, sometimes couldn't even fit in a trip to use the restroom. When are her months off? August/September? December/January? Andrew was born in February 1960 and Edward in March 1964. I could be wrong, but I think it's very unlikely that Philip isn't their father.
Val
Princess

« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2016, 05:38:37 am »

^

There were very strong rumours that Lord Portchester QE's late racing manager was the father of Andrew.  The likeness is striking too.  It's is said that one of the reasons that QE hasn't rattled any cages re the Midds shenanigans is because a lot of this would come out along with the fact that Helen Roget, the French cook was the mother of the QM and her younger brother.  Too many skeletons in the cupboard to risk allegedly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: