Royal Gossip
August 21, 2018, 12:29:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen & DoE Relationship  (Read 25069 times)
Little light
Countess

« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2018, 05:04:23 pm »

This just came up on the DM. A piece about HM and her friend Patrick Plunket. (The alleged father of Prince Andrew).

I haven't read it yet and still don't know how to copy and paste from my iPad, so if some kind soul would do that for me please, I'd appreciate it.

Here's the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5691159/How-Queens-dashingly-handsome-equerry-gave-solace-marriage-hit-hard-times.html

sandy
Princess

« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2018, 06:09:54 pm »

I thought it was Porchester.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2018, 09:16:55 pm »

You're right.

He's meant to be the father of Prince Edward. I was just so excited to find it first, that's all.  flower Hi
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2018, 02:55:09 pm »

^^^ You mean copy like this?

How the Queen's dashingly handsome equerry danced with her, joked with her - and gave her solace when her marriage to the Duke of Edinburgh hit hard times

Patrick Plunket had been close friends with Her Majesty since childhood
    He spent 25 years in her service when he became Deputy Master of the Household
    Royal author Christopher Wilson said no man has ever been as close to her, apart from her husband
    When he died in 1975, she ordered a memorial temple to be built in his honour

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5691159/How-Queens-dashingly-handsome-equerry-gave-solace-marriage-hit-hard-times.html
Val
Princess

« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2018, 05:47:00 pm »

Lord Portchester was supposed to be Prince Andrew’s father, he is the image of him too.

QE is known to say that fidelity isn’t important to her but loyalty is.  It’s a good thing she has that mindset as the DoE was alleged to be a known philanderer.  She is also known for saying that she will do whatever it takes and however much it costs to protect the the Monarchy.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2018, 06:08:07 pm »

^Including covering up issues discussed in MO section ?!!
india
Princess

« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2018, 07:47:50 pm »

Of Course. Whatever it takes.
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #187 on: May 05, 2018, 07:51:47 pm »

Agreed Marion.  Not very consistent is she.  Well known in Australia.
Val
Princess

« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2018, 07:56:54 pm »

Just reading Christine Keeler’s Book ‘Secrets and Lies’ which, now most are dead tells how it really was then and not how the media and government portrayed it.  Helen Cordet used to own the Saddle Room in Park Lane and it stated  in the book that Helen and the DoE were lovers and had a son together called Max.  The DoE paid for his school fees at Gordonstone.  Christine says that there was at least another child by someone else and she knows it to be true as was with her when the person in question was pregnant.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2018, 08:36:17 pm »

^ That sounds quite interesting. I don't think she'd have reason to lie, esp as her story is interesting as is without making up stuff about the Winds. Some always say how there's no proof for the rumours of infidelity on Phil's part, but if this is true (and I'm inclined to think it is), then it is no wonder no one came ever forward: mistress & lovechild were well taken care off, no need for them to seek the limelight. Plus embargoes and d-notices the Winds are famous for and blocking the press... It'd be now even better if someone looked seriously into this (a journo with good connections) to investigate the story. Maybe someone did and was gagged easter-think Like they tried to gag Morton in the early 90s, him recounting the break ins etc what he and his publisher experienced is beyond terrifying.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2018, 08:41:57 pm »

It will only get out when the Queen dies. It is in respect to her that they dont publish.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2018, 08:44:31 pm »

^ I think so too. Like it is always said that many things are kept under a lid until she dies. No wonder she's hanging on with all her might, I think the stuff that's bound to be published will rock them thoroughly.
Val
Princess

« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2018, 07:46:57 pm »

^

Some say totally finish them off.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2018, 08:04:24 pm »

^ Hopefully!
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2018, 10:05:32 pm »

^I agree,
but I'm sure not looking forward to charles or the younger ones stepping up...I'd sooner see the whole thing done away with.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2018, 10:29:49 pm »

^ I agree. I may be warming (right now) towards the Cambs, but nothing would ever change my ming about them as a whole (ie the Winds) and towards the institution (ie a monarchy). A monarchy simply has no place in a modern society, people should all have equal opportunities and succeed based on merit, not birth. And stay in their positions for a limited time and based on good eeds (eg as politicians, but yeah politicians are snakes too, only you can get rid of them by not electing them - the Winds? tough luck). Britain is esp bad, eg other countries in Europe are monarchies too, but nowhere does the nobility rule the roost and grasp power as much and as badly as in Britain. It's quite mindboggling. It's "birth before merit" all round in the UK. smh.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2018, 10:58:55 am »

'Distasteful, unnecessary and tawdry': Lady Colin Campbell comes under fire for book full of lurid claims about Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's sex life and what happened on their wedding night

Lady Colin Campbell has written a new book called  'The Queen's Marriage'
    Her latest offering has been slammed as 'tawdry' as it discusses the Queen's sex life with her husband Prince Philip and says she has a 'healthy' sex drive in bed
    The writer claimed Prince Philip is a flirt but those close to the royals say she would not know intimate secrets and is never seen close to the Queen's family

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5898749/Lady-Colin-Campbells-lurid-claims-Queen-Prince-Philips-sex-life-slammed-royalists.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2018, 11:36:36 pm »

Campbell is a copy cat. She took some of Kitty Kelly's material (from her book the Royals) and put it in her book about the Queen Mum. The Queen avid for Philip in the bedroom and his telling his friends is another story from Kelly's the Royals. Campbell just cribs from other books.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2018, 12:07:55 pm »

^ Yeah Campbell for sure isn't to be taken too seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: