Royal Gossip
July 27, 2017, 01:47:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen & DoE Relationship  (Read 14699 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: May 22, 2011, 02:43:47 am »

Extraordinary picture which captures the moment Prince Philip met the Queen for first time when she was just 13
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1389509/First-meeting-The-moment-Queen-set-eyes-Prince-Philip.html#ixzz1N2cu21ci

No wonder the Queen feel for Philip, he was a striking handsome lad  aww so sweet  loveshower
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 03:45:48 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 04:16:15 pm »

Queen's 'tears' over Duke of Edinburgh's 'brutal' behaviour

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/queen-elizabeth-II/8931553/Queens-tears-over-Duke-of-Edinburghs-brutal-behaviour.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Black Queen
courtier

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 05:24:09 pm »

easter-think Interesting that we're getting to hear of these personal stories, it seems the BRF isn't so private anymore.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 05:59:47 pm »

The Queen was reduced to tears by the Duke of Edinburgh’s “brutal” behaviour towards her when she refused to take his surname of Mountbatten, according to a new biography.

Go only knows what went on behind closed doors. I know there is a reason that she went from a glowing, vibrant young Queen to the woman who frowned all the time. I know it's one thing to suggest physical abuse, but quite frankly he's been brutal enough towards his own son and bad enough that I think he has been abusive. Even HM's own father didn't like him, beyond just a father's dislike of a husband for his daughter. Then the Queen Mother didn't like him (and she's usually been a good judge of character) and go figure neither did Queen Mary.

Sally Bedell Smith even suggests that the ten-year delay between the births of the Princess Royal and the Duke of York was the result of “Philip’s anger over the Queen’s rejection of his family name”.

I think this is accurate; Sally Bedell Smith isn't biased and she strikes me as a type that would be honest about this since it's not like the RF can do anything to really punish or reward her. Philip has been known to be rough and I don't see him sparing anyone if he is low enough to treat his son badly.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 06:09:04 pm »

easter-think Interesting that we're getting to hear of these personal stories, it seems the BRF isn't so private anymore.

I know , even the Queen isn't immune anymore  . The Windsors have become to celebrity too common.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 12:34:27 pm »

Sarah Bradford: perhaps I got it wrong about the Duke of Edinburgh, but he does like to flirt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-philip/8932374/Sarah-Bradford-perhaps-I-got-it-wrong-about-the-Duke-of-Edinburgh-but-he-does-like-to-flirt.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 12:48:27 am »

I know , even the Queen isn't immune anymore  . The Windsors have become to celebrity too common.

Unnerving isn't it? Now HM is being dragged into the mire and I wonder if the courtiers are now leaking and plan to write books and give interviews about the ugly underbelly of the relationship between the couple.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 01:32:23 am »

Nothing I have read in these articles is news - it has been well known for decades that Philip was upset at the decision to not have the Mountbatten name passed onto his children.

Physical abuse - I doubt it - but that they had rows over things is also well known with reporters quoting coutiers in the 50s onwards as being able to tell when they had had words as they could be frosty with each other - but which couple don't have words about things.

The amoeba comment has been around for nearly 60 years.

Sorry but this simply isn't news but a review of a new book which the papers have decided to turn into a story - assuming that the public have short memories.  I have biographies published in the 60s which say this stuff - that Philip and Elizabeth had words - loudly over this issue and that she was upset because he wanted them to have his name and she was pressured to pass on her maiden name.

There will be many more books in the next 6 months or so in the lead up to the Jubilee as everyone who has ever written about the royals will want to cash in on the big event - some will simply update a previous work while others will write new books.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 01:51:06 am »

yup i agree they are just dusting off a very old story, nothing I haven't heard before.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 10:52:57 pm »

Déjà vu  ... all over again ..  easter-wink

Nothing new here and anyone with eyes can see HRH Prince Philip is a bit of a flirt.. its part of his charm.

HM loves her husband and he loves and respects her.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 01:29:45 pm »

I've read today that PP had an affair with Sarah Ferguson's mother in 1992  Shocked

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 08:50:28 pm »

How the Queen lost her heart slow dancing to a show tune from Oklahoma!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2147881/Queen-Elizabeth-II-How-Her-Majesty-lost-heart-slow-dancing-tune-Oklahoma.html
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:46:23 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 11:40:53 pm »

i highly doubt there were any tears from the queen
she isn't given to tearing up about much
she knew who she was marrying

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 08:36:51 am »

^ Exactly  goodpost.
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 03:45:18 pm »

but she was a woman in love ...

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 01:22:05 am »

i highly doubt there were any tears from the queen
she isn't given to tearing up about much
she knew who she was marrying

I highly doubt that HM was immune from being hurt when her husband was out danging with a showgirl or actress, or in bed with them.

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 08:22:32 am »

What I admire about this two is they always kept their business PRIVATE and never let the public into their intimacy no matter what it seems they are each other' s best friend a team... and incredible team  Cool.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 09:13:37 pm »

She made such a beautiful bride and he a very handsome groom.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/22/article-2147881-06EC09EB000005DC-249_636x788.jpg

I love that pic.

Live The Life You Were Meant To Live And Live Honestly.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 10:22:06 am »

^ Such a good looking couple just beautiful  flirt.
giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 03:21:02 pm »

i highly doubt he was cheating (pp)

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: