Royal Gossip
July 28, 2017, 01:31:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poll
Question: Who was the best royal bride this year?
Catherine Middleton - Duchess of Cambrige
Charlene Wittstock - Princess of Monaco
Princess Sofia of Isenburg - Germany
Zara Phillips
Other

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Weddings  (Read 8518 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 08:49:37 am »

It's so disgusting seeing these tarts and whipped princes getting full service high mass and despite no apparent repentance for their past scummy lifestyles. I mean, Kate and William got the full cathedral treatment and so did Mette and so did Mary and it was treated as if it was okay to live like they did. It was all really just a PR exercise; considering their pasts, these women should have marched down the aisle to "Like a Virgin" rather than some solemn choir hymns.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 04:57:52 pm »

The trees: they looked absolutely stupid and dwarfed in the gianormous cathedral of Westminster!
I think that a couple of arches overgrown with roses and grapevines would have made for a better green forest effect then those ten tiny trees.

Like this but higher http://www.tuinposter.nl/library/original/97600-doorkijk-rozenboog-in-franse-tuin-versie-3.jpg

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 06:10:07 am »

One thing that got to me is how during Crown Princess Mary's walk down the aisle, she had Zadok the Priest's Coronation anthem played. In such a small church, it was so pretentious.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HC
Countess

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 01:28:55 pm »

Kuei Fei

Such a small church in such a small country as Denmark. Well You may have bigger churches where You are.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 08:01:12 pm »

Oh, please don't think it was some diss or insult, it was just a dig at Mary for having such a grand song in such a modest church.

HC
Countess

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, 08:07:50 pm »

Well Kui Fei

You think it is a modest church but I don't think we have any churches You would like then.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, 08:15:14 pm »

I like small churches, better small and cozy than grand and intimidating.

Here is the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL9ZlVwgnUU

Beautiful church, but the music accompanying it was so pretentious.

HC
Countess

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2012, 08:26:44 pm »

Kuei Fei

You are right. Very pomp. HAHA.

I've never noticed. I'm still laughing.

But what a lovely piece of music.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 08:34:43 pm »

I adore the music.

I am glad you see the pretension; I mean, a full blown coronation anthem for a walk down the aisle? I hope she enjoyed it because that is as close to being crowned in her own right as she will get. After all, FREDERICK is the one who will be king.

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 08:38:42 pm »

http://blog.hellomagazine.com/myweddingscrapbook/2012/11/royal-weddings-princess-grace-of-monaco.html
This year marks the 30th anniversary of Princess Grace‘s death and 56 years since her unforgettable nuptials to Prince Rainier III of Monaco.

The wedding, watched by an estimated 30 million people on television and dubbed the “The Wedding of the Century”, was attended by 600 guests, including Hollywood stars such as Gloria Swanson, Ava Gardner, Cary Grant and David Niven.

Grace Kelly‘s wedding dress, designed by Helen Rose, is still considered one of the most beautiful ever and has inspired brides worldwide, including Kate Middleton, who chose a very similar design for her big day.

Here we take a closer look at all the details.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2015, 10:07:33 pm »

good article, lots of photos!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3116688/The-evolution-royal-wedding-dress-Grace-Kelly-s-pale-pink-taffeta-frock-Queen-s-silk-pearls-Kate-s-lace-Alexander-McQueen-loveliest-gowns-1923-remembered.html

the 20's was the worst era for wedding dresses

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2015, 09:17:17 pm »

^The 1960s were pretty awful, too, with that teased hair and poofy sleeves.  Lovely walk-thru of the dresses.  Yet again, by comparison, I don't know what it is about Kate's dress but it looks so cheap against the other women's. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2015, 09:34:48 pm »

worst era was the 20's

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2015, 09:47:44 pm »

^They look like shower curtains or bed sheets or something, don't they?  Shapeless things.  Ghastly.  And everybody looks like they're going to a hanging.  Yep, the '20s don't look too snazzy.

simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2015, 09:54:56 pm »

Shower curtains  laugh laugh

I like the queen mother dress, especially the veil

https://www.google.co.uk/m?q=queen+mother+wedding+dress&client=ms-opera-mobile&channel=new&espv=1#imgrc=kFxmx5oPo1vOzM%253A%3Bundefined%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fris.fashion.telegraph.co.uk%252FRichImageService.svc%252Fimagecontent%252F1%252FTMG8466339%252Fp%252F18_queen_mother_1878423a.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Ffashion.telegraph.co.uk%252Fgalleries%252FTMG8466339%252F3%252FRoyal-wedding-dresses-through-the-years-in-pictures.html%3B342%3B555

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” A. Saunders
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2015, 09:57:45 pm »

really? She looked better when she did her makeover, the 20's fashion was not for her, but the veil was pretty similar to Kate Moss'

simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2015, 10:04:47 pm »

I read the article maxima and Victoria are similar to Queen Silvia. I like Stephanie and Claire. My favourite is Matte- Marit

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” A. Saunders
Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2015, 02:20:17 am »

True
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2016, 03:08:38 am »

On July 26, 1931 Princess Ileana of Romania married Archduke Anton of Austria.   
Ileana was the daughter of King Ferdinand and Queen Marie of Romania. Anton was the son of Archduke Leopold Salvator.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01FAiBp4aU
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2016, 12:02:30 am »

Princess Alexandra, Duchess of Fife wed Prince Arthur of Connaught at the Chapel Royal of St. James's Palace. The day was October 15, 1913.   
Princess Alexandra was the daughter of Princess Louise of Wales and a granddaughter of King Edward VII of Great Britain.   
Prince Arthur was the son of Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KKBFkfjUrs
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: