Royal Gossip
August 24, 2017, 12:18:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grace Kelly and Ranier  (Read 17505 times)
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2013, 02:38:35 am »

http://www.today.com/style/princess-grace-exhibit-highlights-icons-personal-style-private-royal-life-8C11479396

A nice video; not sure if it's a dupe, but lovely nevertheless.

Pieces from Kelly’s movie career include costumes worn in many films like "To Catch a Thief" and "High Society." Part of the collection is the dress Kelly wore the night she won a best actress Oscar for "The Country Girl," in 1955. Her Oscar statue is also on display.

At a recent press conference about the museum exhibit, Princess Grace's son, Prince Albert II of Monaco expressed his support for the tribute. “Those of us who were fortunate enough to know my mother — her family and friends — knew her to be a genuine, warm and loving woman — a woman who always put her family first. I hope that through experiencing this exhibition you will be able to glimpse the real Grace Kelly — the woman bey

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2014, 05:38:24 pm »

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=848924

Nicole Kidman's 'Grace of Monaco' pulled from release schedule
Jan. 23, 2014, 8:14 PM EST
By Todd Cunningham
TheWrap

"Grace of Monaco," the Princess Grace biopic starring Nicole Kidman, has been pulled from the Weinstein Company's release schedule, the studio said Thursday.

TWC had originally set a Nov. 27 limited release to qualify it for this year's Academy Awards, but the story of Grace Kelly's transition from actress to princess has been pushed to this year to allow for the film's completion.  A final version has yet to be delivered, the studio said, so TWC instead will release the British dramedy "One Chance" on that weekend.

"Grace of Monaco" is directed by Olivier Dahan ("La Vie en Rose") and co-stars Tim Roth, Parker Posey, Paz Vega, Frank Langella and Derek Jacobi.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2014, 09:03:18 pm »

Either this is going to stink, or they're just putting in extra effort to make sure that thsi good film becomes a masterpiece.

I just hope it's not a whiny tale about how Grace SUFFERS oh so much. I'm tired of stories about how people marry into royal families and start whining about how HARD it is.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2014, 09:14:55 pm »

NK looks more Grace like in the latter pics but - the problem as I see it is that actresses and beautiful women of the 50's 60's did not have to get that skinny as a rail look - they had real female healthy bodies - NK is sooooo thin - it makes all these nowadays actresses looked "pinched" - jaws too prominent face too hard - Grace had a softness to her face - because she wasn't starving herself to death LOL

It does sound like a great story but NK as Grace Kelly - not so sure
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2014, 09:29:01 pm »

I think Kidman will pull it off. Grace, the Grace we know, is someone who we know only through the lens of a camera and I think Kidman will pull off a human Grace, a Grace that wasn't 'on show' and it'll be interesting to see her as human in a way that she will be shown outside the poised statue that we're used to seeing, that the public is used to.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2014, 11:51:38 pm »

Nicole looks like a Silkstone Barbie in all those shots and not Grace Kelly
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2014, 12:14:14 am »

I dunno.  Generally, in HWood-speak, 'pulling from release' translates into 're-casting', so I'm guessing the screenings of Kidman were disappointing, which was expected, to me so perhaps they're working with CGI to enhance or appearance or re-cast.  She just doesn't have the softness of character about her nor the bodily frame/face to pull this off.  She films very hard. Cheryl Ladd is one who came the closest, imho.  Honestly, I agree, with all the beyond skinny actresses out there, I can't think of anybody that has that kind of bearing to do the story justice.  Time will tell and I could, of course, be off base here, but that's generally how the PR moves in Variety.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2014, 04:46:35 am »

I think Nicole should be recast and certainly should not be Grace Kelly; she looks too perky and cosmopolitan, not really like someone who worked hard at her dignity and who was in the end, a woman of simple tastes/preferences in her diet. Grace liked sausages and hearty foods, not stuff that made her skinny. She was an athlete as well.

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2014, 12:58:24 pm »

Nicole Kidman's Princess Grace film shelved 'indefinitely' SEVEN WEEKS before release after director labels Harvey Weinstein's edit 's**t and catastrophic'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2545243/Nicole-Kidmans-Grace-Monaco-delayed-second-time-seven-weeks-release.html#ixzz2rPknVof1
The motion picture has come in for recent royal criticism from Monaco’s Prince Albert II and his sisters, Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie, who described a ‘series of scenes’ in the movie as ‘purely fictional’.

In a statement, the royal House of Grimaldi said: ‘Therefore, the royal family wishes to stress that this film in no way constitutes a biopic.

‘It recounts one rewritten and needlessly glamorised page in the history of Monaco and its family with both major historical inaccuracies and a series of purely fictional scenes.’

At present there is no new release date set for the movie which is scheduled to open the Cannes Film Festival on May 14th.

The Weinstein Co. has scheduled British comedy 'One Chance' for the March 14 slot instead of the Princess Grace biopic.

most everyone loves a great fairytale
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2014, 07:44:55 pm »

I wonder if whether or not the reasons the Grimaldis object is because the film shows some unpleasant realities that they would prefer to keep hidden.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2014, 07:54:55 pm »

^I dunno.  I'd rather not see Grace Kelly's legacy dragged through the mud, if that's the case; it's completely unnecessary.

Good luck going up against Weinstein, though.  He is beyond powerful and I foresee this being drastically cut if it goes anywhere at all with his objections and trimmed down to a tv movie/special, kind of like what the disaster Lohan was as Elizabeth Taylor.  Someone will get their hands on part of this and try to recoup some of the expenditures but, all in all, this is starting to look like a straight to DVD thing at the very least.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2014, 02:05:44 am »

Grace was happy enough to have her own career, but after she married she became really snotty about feminism. She was reactive against it and denounced it. She was against the idea of women having careers of their own and was certainly a major fan of a breast feeding organization and suddenly viewed motherhood as the most important job.

Grace Kelly on Motherhood
http://lostinthemythsofhistory.blogspot.com/2011/08/grace-kelly-on-motherhood.html

he princess, who presumably does not have any baby-sitter problems of her own, is opposed to mothers sharing the child-rearing chores, even with fathers. "Why should they help?" she asks. "It's against nature. With animals you don't see the male caring for the offspring. It's a woman's prerogative and duty, and a privilege.

http://hollowverse.com/grace-kelly/
But she said some very conservative things about women’s role in society and family, such as:

Emancipation of women has made them lose their mystery.14

And:

Women’s natural role is to be a pillar of the family.15

Easy to be so conservative when she isn't in a position where she has to make such sacrifices to support children and struggle. I wonder how many women benefited being able to move up in the world via a career and not have to marry their way up to get to where they wanted (in some cases needed) to be.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2014, 02:37:09 am »

^I get that, but am struggling with your point, KF.  What has that got to do with this biopic?  Do you see it as some vehicle to take a swipe at Grace for these beliefs that were hers to have, or to entitlement?  Do you think it has that much power or importance to open up that topic?  All you'd get is that this was a different time and she was certainly not alone in thinking that way during the '50s or even into the '60s. 

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2014, 06:29:05 am »

I think the Grimaldis should stop promoting Grace as some holy saint who did no wrong. Honestly, how is a biopic with something unpleasant some kind of defamation? Why the reaction?

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2014, 05:19:07 pm »

^I get where you're going now.  It just doesn't seem to be that important of a movie, to me, I guess. 

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2014, 07:42:18 pm »

Yeah I know, so why would the Grmalid family suddenly comment about this?

As for the cinematography, I think it (via the previews) will certainly be something lovely.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2014, 07:56:38 pm »

^There's nothing like a little controversy to sell tix, that's for certain.  Since they're only covering a 6-month period of the life of Grace/Ranier, it doesn't seem particularly explosive, but time will tell.  It'll bring the gawkers to this, though:

http://www.english.rfi.fr/culture/20140125-grace-kelly-film-open-cannes-festival

A controversial movie on Hollywood star turned princess Grace Kelly will open this year’s Cannes film festival.

The “Grace of Monaco”, directed by Olivier Dahan and starring Australian actress Nicole Kidman as Grace Kelly, will be shown out of competition on May 14, the festival’s opening night, and be simultaneously released in France and several cities around the world.

The film revolves around Princess Kelly’s relationship with Prince Rainer of Monaco during a six-month period in 1962, when France was threatening to annex the tiny principality on its southern coast due to its status as a tax haven.

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2014, 11:58:38 pm »

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/03/the-first-poster-for-new-grace-kelly.html
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2014, 10:35:49 pm »

REVIEW: The Real Scandal Around Grace of Monaco: It’s Not Very Good
http://time.com/98922/review-grace-of-monaco-scandal/
The most contentious film at Cannes stars Nicole Kidman as Grace Kelly, but this biopic was botched badly

Don’t expect to see Prince Albert at Cannes tonight. The Monaco monarch, who often visits the world’s largest film festival (which is situated just 40 miles from his Riviera principality), has condemned Cannes’s opening night attraction. To Albert, Grace of Monaco is a slur on his parents, Prince Rainier III and the former Grace Kelly, played in the film by Tim Roth and Nicole Kidman. “It recounts one rewritten and needlessly glamorised page in the history of Monaco and its family,” read a statement from the royal family last year, “with both major historical inaccuracies and a series of purely fictional scenes.”
More
New Interstellar Trailer: Travel Through A Wormhole With Matthew McConaughey‘Godzilla’ Means ‘Gorilla-Whale’ and 7 Other ‘Zilla Things You Didn’t KnowLost Forever? Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan Cowers Amid Terror NBC NewsMen Charged With Toppling Ancient Rock Formation Avoid Jail Time Huffington PostComet Outlives Predictions Weather.com

Olivier Dahan’s biopic also vexed another longtime Cannes potentate: Harvey Weinstein, cochairman of The Weinstein Company, who has declined to release the director’s European cut in the United States. Dahan, whose La vie en rose (La môme in France) won Marion Cotillard a 2008 Best Actress Oscar for her role as Edith Piaf, has called the Weinstein cut of Grace of Monaco “catastrophic” and “a pile of *poo*.” (No mincing words here.) The battle of the stubborn filmmaker and the world’s most powerful and contentious distributor — with the Oscar-winning Kidman in the middle — could create a succès de scandale at tonight’s opening ceremony.

can't do any worse for making awful movies about Royals or the women some have married
Principe Raphael
royal watcher

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2014, 03:57:18 pm »

Well, it sounds like they left out most of the dirt anyways.  Kidman is simply miscast as Grace.  They should have used someone like Charlize Theron, or an unknown actress.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: