Royal Gossip
August 21, 2017, 01:03:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grace Kelly and Ranier  (Read 17468 times)
Grace
Countess

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 03:41:21 pm »

You are all welcome! thankyou hug hug

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 03:45:39 pm »

Amazing Grace (born in the same place as my mother Phildelphia. )  loveshower flower flower flower flower

[/URL]
Grace
Countess

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 09:09:28 pm »

hug
Lovely song dedicated to her flower
http://youtu.be/o4GUFp-591A

Grace
Countess

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 09:50:41 pm »

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 11:16:08 pm »

thank you Grace! lovely pics

From Queen of Hollywood to Princess of Monaco: How Grace Kelly's glamour is still captivating 30 years after her death

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2203606/Grace-Kelly-30-years-princess-death-actress-turned-royalty-remains-icon.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Grace
Countess

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2012, 11:37:08 pm »

Lovely pics and video. thankyou Kiss

berlin
Countess

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2012, 03:46:45 am »

With nice slideshow of pictures: http://www.stylist.co.uk/people/people/grace-kelly-greatest-style-moments
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2012, 10:07:57 am »

http://www.pedestrian.tv/entertainment/news/first-look-nicole-kidman-as-grace-kelly-in-grace-o/95309.htm

Not sure what to think, hmmmmmmmm  huh

The top of dress looks beautiful though.

If you saw Kidman/'s face at last month's Emmys only days prior to her departing for France to resume filming 'Grace of Monaco' you would've been dismayed at the immobility of her once-porcelain-now-modelling-clay features and put off by the fact that at 45, Kidman intends to play Kelly at age 32, six years after she abdicated from Hollywood. Before you get all uppity and start accusing me of ageism or sexism, I had the same problem with Brad Pitt playing an eight year old. January Jones, who was reportedly aggressively vying for the role, probably feels the same way.

Already this year we've seen Kidman shrug off suggestions of age appropriate behaviour by baring her assets for V and peeing on Zac Efron in The Paperboy so, to quote Clueless, whatever; Nicole Kidman is going to do whatever the hell she wants, when she wants and however she wants to do it.

http://www.pedestrian.tv/entertainment/news/first-look-nicole-kidman-as-grace-kelly-in-grace-o/95309.htm

January Jones would have probablly filled the role better, perhaps.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 03:55:54 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

[/URL]
HC
Countess

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 12:22:56 pm »

I didn't think Nicole Kidman was right for the part. But I'm changing my mind now. Definitely going to see the film.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 12:31:09 pm »

I'll definately go see the film. Nicole is a wonderful actress, but it's like seeing Nicole Kidman dressed as Grace Kelly in the photo anyway. She looks beautiful, but I still see Nicole.

I wonder if a lesser known actress would have been a better choice in some ways, even though Nicole is an amazing actress.

[/URL]
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012, 02:30:27 pm »

I will probably see it because I thought Princess Grace had a classic elegance and I want to see if Nicole can portray that.   loveshower
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 05:05:09 pm »

No decision made, for me, as to whether I'll support this by watching it, but that's mainly from my personal reaction to Nicole Kidman who's acting has never bowled me over. This is an important role, but I believe she's too old for the part and doesn't have the necessary touch of playfulness that PG had.  She'll nail the 'ice princess' down, but that wasn't, to me, the essence of Grace Kelly.  January Jones, to me, would have been perfect casting.  Age appropriate, great bearing, superb actress and all 'round most easily accepted in the role.  Kidman's face just always seems frozen and when Grace Kelly smiled it was dazzling. 

The only good news here is that at least Nicole has finally decided to have some actual eyebrows that are attractive (which is the defining difference in that still photo) and don't wash out her face, but can she pull off the graceful elegance?  Not sure. My curiosity will probably get the better of me and I'll watch it when it comes out on Netflix, but it isn't a race to the theatre movie, for me.

Another take:

http://www.celebitchy.com/219560/nicole_kidman_cast_as_33-year-old_grace_kelly_horrible_idea_or_great_choice/

Hopefully, they do something about her lips, ye Gods.  A pr still and the actual performance are two different animals.  Time will tell, but this is quite interesting.  In short, very disappointed that they didn't just snag Jones for this.  A 45-year old playing someone 33 is going to be a challenge and a lot of gauze on the lens. 

I truly hope I'm wrong because Grace Kelly's story deserves the platinum treatment in film.

Not sure what Hollywood's smoking these days, but using Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor tells me somebody's messed up.  Finger's crossed.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 05:28:26 pm »

I think Janary Jones should have been cast, Nicole has much more clout in Hollywood though. I wonder if Nicole may even  be a producer on the project?

January Jones has a grace-like essence.

[/URL]
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012, 05:51:09 pm »

^I can't find any evidence of Nicole being producer, but it wouldn't shock me if she pulled strings for this part or was indeed involved in financing/pushing the project for herself.  Tim Roth, for me, is an excellent choice for Rainier, however.  How the chemistry between those two should be interesting and by interesting I think I mean a challenge.

Nasty shots of her, but HWood will, hopefully work its magic.  I just have never warmed up to her.  Anyway, her remarks that she is completely 'natural' are difficult to defend:

http://nicole-kidman-journey.blogspot.com/2009/02/nicole-wins-worst-actress-oscars-2009.html

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
HC
Countess

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2012, 06:01:25 pm »

I haven't seen Australia - I tried to watch it - but I thought it was depressing.

But "the others" is the best film ever. Such an incredible movie.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 07:28:01 pm »

Charlize Theron may have been a good choice to play Grace. Charlize is a really good actress and beautiful

http://baronessteaclub.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/charlize-theron-vogue-uk-01.jpg

[/URL]
HC
Countess

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2012, 07:32:26 pm »

Yes Charlize Theron is wonderfull.
Anastasia
courtier

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2012, 07:39:25 pm »

I´m not sure about NK even though she´s a great actress. She´s kind of old to play GK and has many surgeries. Maybe with tons of make-up it´s not so visible.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2012, 08:25:46 pm »

No decision made, for me, as to whether I'll support this by watching it, but that's mainly from my personal reaction to Nicole Kidman who's acting has never bowled me over. This is an important role, but I believe she's too old for the part and doesn't have the necessary touch of playfulness that PG had.  She'll nail the 'ice princess' down, but that wasn't, to me, the essence of Grace Kelly.  January Jones, to me, would have been perfect casting.  Age appropriate, great bearing, superb actress and all 'round most easily accepted in the role.  Kidman's face just always seems frozen and when Grace Kelly smiled it was dazzling. 

The only good news here is that at least Nicole has finally decided to have some actual eyebrows that are attractive (which is the defining difference in that still photo) and don't wash out her face, but can she pull off the graceful elegance?  Not sure. My curiosity will probably get the better of me and I'll watch it when it comes out on Netflix, but it isn't a race to the theatre movie, for me.

Another take:

http://www.celebitchy.com/219560/nicole_kidman_cast_as_33-year-old_grace_kelly_horrible_idea_or_great_choice/

Hopefully, they do something about her lips, ye Gods.  A pr still and the actual performance are two different animals.  Time will tell, but this is quite interesting.  In short, very disappointed that they didn't just snag Jones for this.  A 45-year old playing someone 33 is going to be a challenge and a lot of gauze on the lens. 

I truly hope I'm wrong because Grace Kelly's story deserves the platinum treatment in film.

Not sure what Hollywood's smoking these days, but using Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor tells me somebody's messed up.  Finger's crossed.

Here's how I look at it:

When playing an icon, the majority of the time we only have photos and newsreels and movies/music, not the entire person. For example. I saw the clip of "My Weekend With Marilyn" and I believe that it was nailed hands down, manly because few people realize that beyond the picutre, is a human being who isn't their characters, but a real person. There are also other versions of Marilyn done by a variety of different actresses that capture much of her essence and various facets of herself. I believe that people make the mistake of thinking that just because icon in question wasn't their character, then for some reason believe that it isn't accurate. 

Nicole Kidman is possibly going to be the best and honest representation of Grace since after all, she looks the most human possible, if that makes any sense. She looks like someone who isn't posing all hte time, who will be the person, not the character/celeb/movie role. She won't be Nicole playing Grace, who is playing one of her cahracters, but will be Nicole playing Grace who will be Grace the person, with her life in full view and who will end up living her life. Second, a supposedly perfect actress might actually mess it all up.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HC
Countess

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2012, 08:38:41 pm »

Yes I've read somewhere that Marilyn stuttered. And only when she acted a part she stopped stuttering.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: