Royal Gossip
May 26, 2017, 03:47:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HM The Queen's fashion  (Read 12639 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 05:20:01 pm »

'One doesn't sweat, my dear': Queen's dress designer reveals secrets of how monarch looks so pristine (and she even has a servant to wear in her shoes)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2147080/Queens-dress-designer-Stewart-Parvin-reveals-secrets-monarch-looks-pristine.html#ixzz1vQYz8wWS

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 10:15:17 pm »

DRESSER ON HER MAJESTY’S NOT SO SECRET SERVICE TELLS ALL IN BOOK

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/350558

Angela has courted controversy in the past as she rose in the royal ranks. In 1999 she was found rolling around on the ground at the Palace having a fight with a maid 20 years her junior.
She accused Hannah Coullett of seeing her then boyfriend, palace pastry chef Tony Ferrirole, who was married to someone else. Police had to pull them apart and Ferrirole later left service. His wife Sarah said: “All I know about ­Angela Kelly is that she had an ­affair with my husband.”
Four years later Kelly hit the headlines again when she lost her temper waiting for her lunch and threw a bag of rubbish at a caterer.
In 2008 she tried to enter the ­Palace without her pass. When ­detained by police, she demanded: “Don’t you know who I am?”
Kelly was pinned to the ground after going berserk, but, as always, the Queen turned a blind eye.
In 2009 her design partner Alison Pordum quit the Palace, saying she was tired of playing “second fiddle” to the “self-important” Kelly.

blink

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
fyeah_harryshotabs
courtier

Iz ther sumfin in muh teef?

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 04:21:52 am »

Secrets of the Queen's confidante - Richard Kay, Daily Mail
Most people who write books about the Royal Family do so because they expect to make money from them — often quite a lot of money.

So you can imagine the envious and wicked gossip that has been circulating about the Queen’s confidante and dresser  Angela Kelly now that she has produced Dressing the Queen: The Jubilee Wardrobe.

The book of words and pictures by the Liverpool docker’s daughter is published on November 5 and, at £24.95, is not cheap.

But here’s why Miss Kelly continues to have the ear of the Queen — she’s not being paid a penny. All profits go to charity.

The book, however, is bound to raise her profile and with it that of her regular fashion collaborator Stewart Parvin, who runs the eponymous label and with whom Miss Kelly, 60, designs many of the Queen’s outfits.

'I can’t think of anyone other than Angela who is better placed to do such a book,' says an aide. 'Angela is close to the Queen and trusted by her. She’s the reason the Queen looks so good for a woman of 86.’

In fact, according to one senior Palace figure, the Queen is privately ‘flattered’ people should be talking about her clothes at her age.

All the same, Miss Kelly, has been stung by below-stairs speculation that she is writing a more intimate book than a mere commentary on the Queen’s clothes chosen for this Diamond Jubilee year. ‘The trouble is Angela’s closeness to the Queen means she hasn’t got many friends,’ I am told.

'Only her and Paul Whybrew [the Queen’s lofty page, who appeared in the James Bond clip for the Olympics] have close access. Courtiers keep all other staff at arm’s length.

'Angela keeps the Queen informed about all manner of things. She goes out to the occasional showbiz party and reports back on the celebrities she meets.

'In a way it’s vital for the Queen because it gives her feedback on an area of life she used to rely on Princess Margaret for gossip on.'

MiniMidds OrganiSSr...pm meh 4 A nUmbA iFz uz LuV pinkheart DuCheSS CaTheRinE pinkheart pinkheart

BElievE ThA Pr...itz 4reeL. ShEz STUNNING..Uz jUz JeLLuS!!
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 03:53:02 am »

I quite like Angela Kelly. When you're 86 it is not easy to find friends, and I think since Princess Margaret died, Kelly is some kind of substitute sister for HM.  She seems to have quite a reputation with the other staff... but it's what HM thinks that matters.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 02:47:57 am »

A peek inside one's wardrobe: From see-through brollies to sleeves that won't dip in the soup, the Queen's dresser reveals Her Maj's style secrets

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227799/A-peek-inside-ones-wardrobe-From-brollies-sleeves-wont-dip-soup-Queens-dresser-reveals-Her-Majs-style-secrets.html

So you put a lot of thought into planning your outfits? Think again. In a new book published today, Angela Kelly, personal dresser to the Queen since 1994, gives a fascinating insight on the intricate planning that goes into clothing one of the world’s most famous women.

She demonstrates how the cut of a collar, the shade of a umbrella handle and the bead-count on an evening gown take on incredible significance under the scrutiny of millions, at events such as the Diamond Jubilee and the opening of the Olympic Games.

As the Queen’s top designer, Angela sketches at least four different designs for a particular piece of fabric, from which the Queen can choose. A fan is employed to test how lightweight materials such as chiffon, organza or silk will move in a breeze.

See kate that's how you do it, plan ahead with your fabric's and you won't have a monroe moment on the tarmac!

Ok that book is soo going on my Christmas list! flirt

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 09:39:22 pm »

One's new best friend

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-392288/Ones-new-best-friend.html

Kelly gives me the creeps

RedRabbit
royal watcher

Harryite #28

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 06:55:37 am »

A fan is employed to test how lightweight materials such as chiffon, organza or silk will move in a breeze.

Diana wasn't my favorite person but I had once read she has weights put in the hems of her dresses and skirts to keep them from flying up.  Very clever.  Kate, take a note.

If you resort to personal attacks, name-calling, and other forms of abuse against me, you are admitting you have lost the argument and have nothing worthwhile to say. 

Not joining in with your starry-eyed hero worship does not make me delusional, it means I have no interest in drinking your poisoned Kool-Aid. 

Have a nice day.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 07:21:34 am »

I think it was QM who originally came up with the 'pennies sewn in the hem's' !
Diana had little to do with that idea

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
RedRabbit
royal watcher

Harryite #28

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 07:46:28 am »

Okay, thanks.  Perhaps Diana took the Queen's advice then.  Either way, clever of her.

If you resort to personal attacks, name-calling, and other forms of abuse against me, you are admitting you have lost the argument and have nothing worthwhile to say. 

Not joining in with your starry-eyed hero worship does not make me delusional, it means I have no interest in drinking your poisoned Kool-Aid. 

Have a nice day.
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 12:11:54 am »

Simply love the Queens fashion IMO fuschia and pale blue are her best colours
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 12:18:30 am »

allow to make you words mine, deGuernsey

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 12:27:55 am »

Oh and white very few women can pull off wearing white and still look good
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2013, 12:32:42 am »

again, completly agreed

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 04:46:50 am »

The Queen's snake hat ..   Embarrassed

http://s6.zetaboards.com/Free_Thinkers/topic/8870084/1/

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 12:00:37 pm »

blink

royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2013, 03:54:44 pm »

the queen as a black woman....

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=young+elizabeth+2&qpvt=young+elizabeth+2&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=3EE8365C72F7B767DAC3FDF4AA49060CC6E5025D&selectedIndex=128

Royal Lowness
Baroness

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2013, 11:02:35 pm »

^

The second photo is a nice picture.

Perhaps it's time for Henry IX and
The House of Hewitt ?
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2013, 08:40:54 pm »

Queen effect sees sales of £1,000 Launer handbags DOUBLE in just one year

Launer have reported a sales increase of 52 per cent over the last year
    The Queen is regularly seen clutching Launer's boxy Traviata bags
    Although she often chooses black, she has toted multiple hues this year

Most of us are familiar with the Kate effect and the rush to the shops that ensues after the Duchess of Cambridge is spotted out and about in a chic ensemble.

But it seems that the Queen has an equally impressive an effect on sales after Launer, the leather goods company that makes Her Majesty's trademark boxy bags, revealed that purchases have doubled over the last year.

Sales of the £1,095 bags increased by 52 per cent with the monarch cited as the driving force behind the surge.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2518822/Queen-effect-sees-sales-1-000-Launer-handbags-DOUBLE-just-year.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2013, 09:14:42 pm »

They're fabulous bags and are definitely on my list to Santa.  Never out of style.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2013, 02:12:37 am »

She's a fashion icon! Shoppers inspired to copy the Queen following last year's speech
SHE may not be the first person that springs to mind when looking for fashion inspiration, but it seems that Queen Elizabeth II is more trendy than you think.

Shoppers may be looking to copy the 87-year-old monarch when buying presents for themselves or loved ones this year, especially if they tune into this year's Christmas Speech.

New research shows that there was a massive sales rise in both broaches (83%) and pearls (47%) during the Queen's Speech in 2012 after she wore one for the annual television appearance.

With a combined viewing figure of 8.3million between BBC1 and ITV1, a lot of people sat down to listen to the Queen's round-up of the previous year - and it wasn't just her accessories that caught people's eyes.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/448479/eBay-research-shows-that-shoppers-drew-inspiration-from-the-Queen-following-2012-speech

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: