Royal Gossip
December 17, 2017, 11:34:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Albert & Charlene: The Wedding Thread  (Read 19032 times)
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #280 on: January 15, 2013, 07:40:41 pm »

Prince Albert of Monaco and wife Charlene accept damages from Sunday Times for untrue story

Article claimed prince had his fiancée's passport seized to stop her fleeing

Sunday Times admits claims were untrue and offers apologies

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene were wed in July 2011

It further claimed that she agreed to go through with the wedding for the sake of appearances in return for payment, with a view to obtaining and annulment after a seemly interval.

'None of these allegations are true,' Mr Thomson told Mr Justice Eady at the High Court today.

He said that the newspaper had admitted that they were untrue
and accepted liability for making such defamatory claims in the article, entitled 'The full filthy Monte' and 'Curse of the Grimaldis'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2262749/Prince-Albert-Monaco-wife-Charlene-accept-damages-Sunday-Times-untrue-story-claimed-reluctant-marry-him.html#ixzz2I4eUDnvl

Finally the press admits the story was untrue.

I always felt that runaway bride story was bullcrap, lies. If she really wanted to leave, she could have and could have after the marriage too.

Charlene said a few weeks after the wedding that their lawyers had found out that the allegations came from the British press and were passed on to worldwide press, but no one would listen to her because all they wanted to believe was the runaway bride stories.

So now the Sunday Times admits it was all a lie.

sauer

[/URL]
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #281 on: January 15, 2013, 10:04:58 pm »

I think they did it so Albert & Charlene's wedding would not outshine W&K's wedding.

W&K's wedding reminded me of a funeral.

I liked Albert and Charlene's much better in every way.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #282 on: January 15, 2013, 10:27:25 pm »

I don't remember the particulars but this story came up in France, no idea about what the Sunday Times said or not said.

But for the french press to publish this imo there was something true in there. I've also heard about Caroline being super rude to Charlene during those days.

Still before the wedding (and after the rumours) I thought we would see a smug Charlene like we saw a smug Kate but  Charlene looked desolate, hers were not happy tears. There was no real contact between husband and wife either. There was even one moment when the two were in the car from one place to another that showed Albert being rude to Charlene.

That the british and international media tried to make the happy wedding v. the sad wedding I agree. However, the only point I thought their wedding was better than the british was that you could watch how the arrived.

Charlene is so deep into Monaco and the things that go there that probably she didn't have any real hope of going away. Also consider that her family is smooching from her.

If the Windsors are going off the deep end, the monaco bunch are already there, my 2cents.  eating cookies

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2013, 12:06:52 am »

I liked Albert and Charlene's much better in every way.

So did i, Snokitty

Still before the wedding (and after the rumours) I thought we would see a smug Charlene like we saw a smug Kate but  Charlene looked desolate, hers were not happy tears. There was no real contact between husband and wife either. There was even one moment when the two were in the car from one place to another that showed Albert being rude to Charlene.
i agree. She seemed so unhappy like she was entering in a prison.  sob

If the Windsors are going off the deep end, the monaco bunch are already there, my 2cents.
worship

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #284 on: January 16, 2013, 05:36:55 pm »

I also forgot to add that they confirmed that he was being sued again in a paternity case, then that story disappeared

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
bluhare
royal watcher

« Reply #285 on: January 16, 2013, 05:50:06 pm »

I'm not sure the story was totally untrue.  Perhaps a couple of facts were not correct, maybe Albert didn't seize her passport, just chained her to her bed like a normal princess-to-be who doesn't want to get married.   king

Then again, she played the sad Princess beautifully.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #286 on: January 16, 2013, 07:27:37 pm »

She's still there Princess of Monaco starting her foundations, doing charity work, traveling the world on her own(not running away. ) I never believed the runaway bride stories. If someone wants to leave they can leave, no one can be held against their will. Since marriage, Charlene visited LA, by herself (with her brother) she traveled to Germany alone without PA, she traveled to Australia, S.Africa alone without the Prince, all since being married. If this woman wanted to leave she could have. I have never believe the story of fleeing, it was just too ridiculous sounding imo. No one can hold a person.

There are photos of the Princess smiling throughout the entire days of the wedding festivities and on her wedding day too, there are tears also, but no one knows why she was crying.  Other people have cried on their wedding day, people cry, people smile, people have different personalities. Charlene cried when she was doing a charity event in Germany, she also smiled, maybe that is her personality, maybe she was stressed that on her wedding day Albert's past history was drumming up opportunists looking to ruin her day. Whatever the reasons no one really knows, but Charlene did not walk around all day in tears, she was also smiling, but the press won't show that usually, because the dramatic story of a runaway bride, who tried to flee is juicier and they know people will believe it, because of Albert's past life.

The runaway bride stories were cruel for the press to write, imo. I will always believe the British press wanted to paint Charlene with a haze of negativity hanging over her, because two Princesses were emerging on the scene and they wanted to negate one, by trying to negate the marriage and Albert's past was a perfect way to do that.
I am glad that the Sunday Times has had to eat crow and admit it lied. The press would never admit it lied if it didn't.

You can bet if the story were true and the press could prove it, they would never be making public apologies and groveling to Prince Albert(who is not a golden prince who the public adores) the Times would have ripped him a new a##hole if the story was true, they would have NEVER publicly apologized.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:38:22 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #287 on: January 16, 2013, 07:40:40 pm »

thumbsup    goodpost
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #288 on: January 16, 2013, 07:47:33 pm »

Then why there is still nothing about the suit against L'express? They were the ones who started the story not the British press. Why confirm the story of a possible third illegitimate children?

I watched the whole wedding not parts in the news or in youtube. They were not happy and Charlene looked as she would prefer to be in any other place. Albert was also rude to her when she was very emotional in the car, for me it was obvious that they were not happy at all. Of course my opinion is totally subjective and unbiased.

For being a year married Charlene hasn't done much either, creating a foundation these days doesn't mean you do something with it. She wanted international acclaim as Grace did but unfortunately for her she won't ever reach that level not even if she has a child. I still don't see a difference between Kate and her, yes Charlene is olympic but after that she hasn't done anything remotely interesting except change herself beyond recognition.

Serene I don't think we will ever agree on this topic  tehe but if you or anyone else is interested on where I get my opinions on these couple check the royal opinions forum, they are us but about Charlene.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #289 on: January 16, 2013, 10:26:01 pm »

Well let's put it like this. Lance Armstrong sucessfuly sued and won a big libel payout from the ST after articles by their writer David Walsh who accused Armstrong of taking drugs and getting away with it.

So what happened? Every word the man wrote turned out to be true and, as we now know. Armstrong was exposed doing all the things the ST had said he was doing and much more besides.

The ST is now suing Lance Armstrong for the return of their money plus interest and legal costs.

I thought this story originated in a Paris magazine anyway and that Albert's legal team threatened and threatened the mag involve but backed off litigation.

I am no expert on libel but I do know that the story can be true but they get caught when one or more details are wrong.

A famous case was Lady Edwina Mountbatten in the 1930s/40s when it was claimed in a UK paper that she was having an affair with a black singer which they wrongly identified as Paul Robeson. She sued and won. It turned out the story was true but the black singer was a night club pianist called Leslie Hutchins.

I'm betting there is some considerable truth to this story of Albert and Charlene but they have some detail wrong. If anyone cange hold of the details of the law suit against the ST it may be possible to work out what was corect. The devil's in the detail.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #290 on: January 17, 2013, 06:51:25 am »

To be honest, one thing I do know is that circumstances can end up working against a person.

As for lawsuits, the only reason the press agrees is because they don't have the deep pockets that royals do and can only hold out for so long. So the paper settles and is usually later vindicated and then the royal in question looks like a complete idiot.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #291 on: January 17, 2013, 07:49:56 am »

It's on the press to prove the story true, since they wrote the story. The Sunday Times said it's not true.

This went to a legal court and the paper couldn't prove their story and they admitted it was untrue.

Bottom line is she's there.  She hasn't boarded a plane to leave and she's had plenty of opportunity, so what proof does the press really  have for their runaway bride story except hearsay?  The press would look like idiots fighting and saying she is a runaway bride, because she's there in Monaco still and married.  If they had video, they would have shown it, I suppose and if they had real witnesses to any of the story at least one would have surfaced for the paper.

I have never believed it the runaway bride stories, not for one second. Charlene was around for 8 yrs, she was not new at this.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:56:21 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #292 on: January 17, 2013, 02:05:56 pm »

I agree with everything that Serene Grace has written on this topic about this whole mess of lies that the press has started.
Serene Grace writes with her logic & knowledge of this matter so I would take it.
I too also never believed in that hot mess of lies about her jumpin' ship & he holding her against her will.
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #293 on: January 18, 2013, 09:48:59 am »

Maybe Albert/the Grimaldis felt this story was over the line and decided to sue? But wasn't it possible to just ignore the story and move on? The tabloids will always make up stories about any celebrity/royal and they can almost always take being sued because they have very wealthy backers.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #294 on: January 22, 2013, 08:18:10 pm »

Monaco loves to sue and are genius at hiding information they don't want at the open. Well at least his father was.

I followed the Monaco crowd quite closely before the wedding and my opinion is that the story possibly has some truth. Of course, I do not have inside information.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #295 on: January 24, 2013, 08:20:21 pm »

Considering how much these royal houses lie so blatantly I frankly think that the Grimaldis are all suspect.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #296 on: November 17, 2017, 11:47:42 pm »

I like how Princess Charlene left her boquet at the Sainte Devote Church.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBqFrjm-Pg     
 thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou

Really A Baron
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #297 on: November 18, 2017, 05:45:51 pm »

I agree. She does have an innate grace.

But I do feel sorry for her. I think, from memory, she had already driven to Paris airport ready to take a flight to South Africa once she'd heard about yet another love child sired by PA when they were a couple, only to be "talked" out of it by 'officials.'

Her smiles never reach her eyes, but she does love her children. That much is obvious.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: