Royal Gossip
June 27, 2017, 06:17:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Albert & Charlene: The Wedding Thread  (Read 15529 times)
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #260 on: July 17, 2011, 03:13:04 am »

So far, Albert & Charlene is already starting on the wrong foot. I hope things get better.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2011, 07:23:41 am »

Also, I've read some of the comments written by people from Monaco who also refer to Charlene as a "gold-digger" as Dahlia wrote..

At this point in time, I don't think that the Monegasques have any reason to be so disdainful of Charlene since their 'royals' are really quite horrific in terms of their behavior. It's not like Caroline and Stephanie and Albert are somehow clean and the Grimaldis have been out of control for generations.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #262 on: July 17, 2011, 11:47:21 am »

The people from Monaco aren´t happy with their Princely couple. The economy is bad and Albert is often out of the country and forces the people to like Charlene who isn´t interested to learn French or in Monacans.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #263 on: July 17, 2011, 08:33:22 pm »

Anybody got the latest on this fiasco?

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2011, 05:34:36 am »

I think the people of Monaco should give Charlene a chance to prove herself. She probably didn't even think Albert would actually marry her. He doesn't exactly have the best track record. If they stay together after the paternity test results are in, then she should start learning French, Monegasque, and learning about the people of Monaco.
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #265 on: July 18, 2011, 06:04:34 pm »

I think Charlene was aware they were getting married , this was a business agreement to produce an heir to prevent andrea on the throne, she even said so herself.(not the business agreement , but about the baby & Andrea)I think the people of Monaco seriously don't care anymore, just look at the lack of people cheering on the street when they drived by , there was nobody .
Mada
Baroness

« Reply #266 on: July 23, 2011, 11:43:18 am »

(CBS) Newlyweds Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene, of Monaco visited Monaco's Oceanographic museum on Thursday to tour an exhibit devoted to their July 1-2 wedding at the prince's palace.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20082000-10391698.html

Monaco royal wedding exhibit pictures

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-31749_162-10008718.html

The floral dress she chose to wear for that day shows too much boobs IMHO
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:45:09 am by Mada » Logged

Even if you are in a minority of one. The truth is still the truth. An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Mahatma Gandi
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #267 on: July 23, 2011, 12:36:59 pm »

^ It's a very pretty dress, but yes, I agree that it was a bit too revealing.  Also, I hadn't realised how much of Grace Kelly's genes Albert had actually inherited - he has her small features and fair skin/blue eyes.  Charlene is also delicately featured and fair - maybe a Grace Kelly lookalike in any offspring?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:40:31 pm by Mooster » Logged

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #268 on: July 23, 2011, 07:39:50 pm »

Good call.  I hadn't noticed the neckline of Charlene's flowered dress that closely before.  A tad too much showing.

However, the exhibit is lovely and includes the groom!  What a concept.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Mada
Baroness

« Reply #269 on: July 23, 2011, 08:35:17 pm »

I agree Yooper.
The exhibit looks lovely and at least the groom is included ! That's what I noticed too.

Even if you are in a minority of one. The truth is still the truth. An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Mahatma Gandi
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2011, 08:51:19 pm »

It's another Waity Production, I guess.  Very odd and inappropriate to keep PW out of the exhibit the way she did.  I also read somewhere that Wasty took the entire bridal party to see it the night before, so it's not like she didn't have an opportunity to actually look at it as an adult and see the eeriness of it and make some drastic changes.

If I were PW, I'd stay in that dark room and hide from the whole thing forever, or run to my solicitors and take a look-see at a way out, because it is rather arrogant and insensitive to exclude him entirely and see his grandmother's reaction (!).  WK looks like a fool with this and completely egocentric.  Anyway, the exhibit really is lame, excluding the groom.  bignono

Bella
Baroness

« Reply #271 on: July 24, 2011, 11:49:37 pm »

WK is living in her fantasy world and thinks that she's the queen already...it's gone to her head and this is going to accelerate.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #272 on: July 25, 2011, 12:11:49 am »

It would appear, from the exhibit, that she's lost her head as well and should see the irony in that.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2011, 08:16:51 am »

I think Monaco's exhibit was nicely done. It was called "The story of the Prince's wedding" because Albert is the Prince (royal-born), and includes both the bride and the groom. Charlene's dress was, IMHO, a bit revealing for a Princess, but maybe Albert doesn't care?
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2011, 08:26:52 am »

Monaco's newly wed Princess Charlene is "very happy", the South African bride's brother told a local magazine, rejecting rumours that her marriage to Prince Albert II is troubled.

"Everyone's making up their own stories. I can promise you, my sister is very happy," younger brother Sean Wittstock told the latest edition of the country's top selling English weekly magazine YOU.

"She and her bridesmaid were in SA on a game farm a week before the wedding. She could have stayed behind if she'd wanted to."

http://news.yahoo.com/monacos-princess-charlene-very-happy-brother-145310831.html

Oh my! She was in SA a week before the wedding? So much for her attempting to leave thrice but being held in Monaco.

I hope this new report is true and they are happy. I don't wish divorce on anyone and I hope Albert gets to break the cycle of bad marriages in his family.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2011, 08:28:12 am »

Monaco newlyweds Prince Albert and Princess Charlene are suing the French magazine L'Express for spreading what they say were false rumours about them in the lead-up to their July 2 wedding.

The news magazine reported on its website June 28 that Princess Charlene, née Wittstock, tried to flee for her home country South Africa days before the lavish wedding. It alleged that she wanted to leave after she discovered that Prince Albert had fathered a third illegitimate child while still engaged to her.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-26/world/monaco.royal.lawsuit_1_princess-charlene-royal-couple-prince-albert?_s=PM:WORLD

Good for them for suing. That was really ugly of the magazine to report these rumors just before the wedding, even if they were true (which they weren't, and that makes it that much worse).
GoyDolly
royal watcher

« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2011, 07:02:18 pm »

I find this rumour-mongering absolutely disgusting -- especially since I know someone here in France (Cannes, specifically) who claims that she knows for absolutely certain that there is a third child out there, that she supposedly lived with Prince Albert for 2-1/2 years, and that he is not a faithful person.  This woman's mother tells anyone who wants to listen that Albert has one or more children that he has not talked about...Supposedly, it is her daughter, Dalila, who lives in Cannes (and who is, indeed, a very beautiful girl about Princess Charlene's age...), who was "living with" the Prince and knows all the dirty details, since he is now her "best friend."  Hope that Albert knows that he has "friends" like that!  I wish Prince Albert and his beautiful bride, much happiness and joy throughout their life together.  And may the pitiful people stop talking about their private lives....
NicOfCA
courtier

« Reply #277 on: August 25, 2011, 10:56:28 pm »

...soooo creepy his people forbid her to board the plane & took her passport!  So scary!
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #278 on: August 25, 2011, 11:01:42 pm »

I don't think that's true. Her brother said she did visit them in South Africa within 2-3 weeks before the wedding. I can't remember the exact date, but she was able to leave Monaco.

I think there are malicious people in Monaco who are feeding rumours to the press to make Albert look bad.
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #279 on: August 25, 2011, 11:03:35 pm »

This story is weird, and I don´t believe for a minute she wanted to leave Monaco. What I think it was a huge pr-story, because people should be now interested in the wedding. IMO of course
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: