Royal Gossip
August 24, 2017, 12:20:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Albert & Charlene: The Wedding Thread  (Read 16383 times)
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 10:55:49 am »

Grace kelly was very important for monaco, and i belive that charlene will not do the same thing for this city... grace kelly brought at her time tourism and save them from bankruptcy.... we have to say that grace give 3 bprojectioneautifull kids to monaco... caroline was so much beautiful and lovely... albert was a handsome boy.. ans stephanie well she was adoreble... but they grew up and started to make the headlines... at the 70 and 80´s they had a great projection on the press and they where the monarchy on europe... my mother told me that... everyone wanted to look like caroline that was so elegant... but them their private lives started to make press covers. Grace showed at time that she was a great mother when she take caroline from junnot hands (i don't knpw why but i feel that this will be william story  dontknow) well grace die and her childreen only made mess and mess.. specially stephanie  Shocked i feel sorry for caroline stefano was the love of her life!!!!  sigh

As for the dress great choice  thumbsup she will look great... Armani always made the best dress for all ocasions... how many times Rania shine with his help? i loved her dress in victoria's wedding

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 09:09:39 pm »

She's been living in Monaco for years and she still doesn't know how to speak french  thumbsdown And in her engagement interview she said that she wanted to discover France  ick

Then there is her Tatler interview where she said that she doesn't have friends in Monaco because they envy her  hall-Spell-check and she wants to make Monaco more modern so she has decided that they need a Starbucks  laugh

Albert does not have a relationship with his children so it's not as if Charlene will have to be step momma.

Kate is bad but it does not mean that the rest are good  easter-wink

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 09:49:04 pm »

Grace had very few friends in Monaco when she first married, the people of Monaco did not like her, no matter what the press writes now. Grace almost was at the point of wanting to return to the U.S. because the coldness ,was so bad.

I've seen Charlene speak a bit of French in a interview. She is not fluent , but she has been studying the language. It took Grace Kelly awhile to get the hang of the language. Some people get languages quicker than others and still pronunciations can be hard if it's not the native language.

She makes Pr. Albert (all his baggage) look good, imo.

If I had to put money on who will survive life inside the Palace, I'd put my money on Charlene, rather than Kate, mostly because Charlene has handled this relationship on her own and navigated her way around and with two strong-minded, sisters which could not have been easy. Charlene unlike Kate did not come with a committee of family behind her pushing her, along helping her to woo the Prince.  

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 10:09:09 pm »

I agree that Charlene will probably survive (well until Albert does...). I cannot think that you can compare Grace and Charlene circumstances about learning the language.

I don't think that anyone, except maybe a nun, would make Albert look good as he is into so much **** and the wedding will be the cherry on top.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 10:27:35 pm »

Maybe Charlene didn't learn because she didn't bet on Albert proposing and didn't see the point in changing her life and then ending up with nothing in the end. The position Princess of Monaco isn't as attractive as you might think because a woan would have to contend with Caroline's snobbery and dealing with having to move Caroline to the side, while Stephanie's past scandals who know knows WHAT issues with Albert's baby mommies coming up. No decent/successful woman would want that level of strain in her private and public life. Too much.

It's not like Charlene has an ounce as much baaggage as Albert and I think that people have a bad tendency to ask for too much out of a woman who would have to deal with comparisons to Grace and also move to 'the sunny place for shady people.' You aslo have to realize that reigning and non-reigning royals haev actually avoided the Grimaldis and Caroline is the one who made quite the catch out of Ernst, not the other way around.

Lets say Albert were to meet a successful lawyer, with her own other business interests. Would such a woman, SHOULD such a woman be expected to sacrifice such accomplishments for all the trouble that Caroline alone would bring, much less the problems with the mothers of his illegitimate children jockeying for something more? I for one wouldn't want any female realtives of mine to marry such a guy with that many problems. Albert isn't a catch, status or money or simply himself as a man. I wouldn't marry my DOG to that family, much less myeslf or any female kin.

Charlene is going to have to live with a lot and considering what Albert asks of any woman, he's asking for more than he can give. Grace WAS Monaco, but Grace is gone and it's been decades since then and while Grace lifted Monaco a little, it's sunk back and worse. Charlene has been smart in not betting on Albert.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 10:41:31 pm »

I don't romanticise Grace, she had a lot of problems before meeting Rainier and then there were a lot of problems in that marriage as far as I know.

But I don't think that monaguesques are happy with the choice, the problem of course is due to Albert as he should have married long ago, that would have prevented the scandal of illegitimate children and Caroline working as first lady. Also Charlene is like Kate they look up at their dead mother in law, she even has had surgery to look more like her. And there a couple of editorials of her playing Grace.

Sure, Charlene is the consequence of a big problem in Monaco but she is still trashy, the photos before her grace-fication shows this.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 11:08:41 pm »

I don't romanticise Grace, she had a lot of problems before meeting Rainier and then there were a lot of problems in that marriage as far as I know.

To be honest, I don't either, but others do.

As for Charlene, her mere name will make her the butt of many nighttime talk show jokes. It has an enterally humorous meaning in the States.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 11:40:33 pm »

I don't mind Charlene for one reason, she was a girl who lived her life, this was not a premeditated pursuit of a Prince, unlike Kate Middleton who I believe pursued Pr.William with no other goals ever.  Charlene did not set out to capture a Prince,from the time she was a youngster. She had a life of being entrenched in a sports goal( with a goal of being an Olympian). Charlene will do just fine, imo, the discipline she had in the years to get her to the Olympics have only helped her. I think just the mere fact that she got past the door with Pss Caroline and Stephanie, speaks volumnes, those are not weak women and many a lady have been run off who have tried that same spot Charlene is in.

Charlene is also in a interview somewhere speaking some French and she has been studying the language, perhaps it will take time for her to feel comfortable enough to speak more.

I am a great admirer of Grace and have read many books about her life and Grace was initially not recieved well by the people of Monaco and she DID have trouble with the language, it took her awhile to learn French. It was Grace herself, who through decades of hard work, won the respect of the people of Monaco. 

It is not Charlene who is trashy imo,it was Albert who was behaving trashy prior to meeting her, imo. Charlene doesn't have baggage all over the place. She was a athlete who excelled at her sport and made her Countries team as an Olympian. She was a sports girl, she dressed like a sports girl. I have never seen photos of Charlene with her crotch hanging out or of photos of her jumping out of limos with other guys. She was not a fashion plate when she met Pr.Albert, but I don't hold that against her, she was sports minded and looked like all she wore was draw string pants and tee shirts.  What I do like about her, is that she appears to want to do well in the role, she is always immaculately turned out, since the announcement.

I think she'll do just fine.
HSH Princess Charlene of Monaco, sounds just fine to me. 
 queeny

[/URL]
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 08:37:15 am »

I'm beginning to take much more interest in this wedding than the other, so please when is the wedding?
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 09:20:52 am »

The civil ceremony is on 2 July and the religious ceremony on 3 July BFF2

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 11:09:59 am »

Serene Grace we will agree to disagree   Kiss

I hope that they don't change the wedding day again  easter-lol

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 07:40:45 pm »

I remember this old joke:

There are three types of princesses:
1) Princesses by birth
2) Princesses by marriage
3) Princesses of Monaco

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 12:09:38 am »

Why did they change it?

and

The civil ceremony is on 2 July and the religious ceremony on 3 July BFF2

Why two dates
and
Is it still outdoors? thankyou
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 12:31:25 am »

I've heard they changed it because they wanted more coverage from the french press and the inicial dates were during the Tour de France, which takes all energy and attention from french press and public. So they changed it.

It's two dates because the law in Monaco (also in France and I believe in The Netherlands) says that a civil marriage must take place before a religious ceremony to a marriage to be legal.

The civil marriage will take place in the Throne Room at the Palace and the religious wedding will take place outdoors, in the courtyard of the Palace.

BFF2

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 09:54:13 am »

Mia, sweetheart, thankyou for your wealth of information aww
Now,
are they going to televise it and if so will someone youtube it or at least send me a link to the live coverage channel as that's how i got to watch Victoria and Danials wedding.

mia? BFF2
ps, you know you've been emoticoning that you and I are best friends now don't you?
That means you have to do everything I say and answer all the questions i ask. BFF2 BFF2 tehe
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 01:09:28 pm »

I believe some french channel will do live coverage of the wedding. I don't know yet what is but that type of info usually appears a couple of weeks before the event. I don't know if we could find a internet live coverage like the one on Victoria's wedding but it's probable that we could find something, these days almost everything can be find online BFF2

flower

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 08:30:25 pm »

Why did they change it?

Monaco's Prince Albert changes wedding date
Sun Aug 1, 2010 8:03pm GMT

PARIS Aug 1 (Reuters Life!) - Prince Albert of Monaco, son of the late Hollywood star Grace Kelly, has brought forward his wedding with South African Olympic swimmer Charlene Wittstock by six days to avoid a clash with an International Olympic Committee meeting.

The couple will hold ceremonies in Monaco on July 2-3 next year, the prince's palace said in a statement on Sunday.

"This is because a meeting of the International Olympic Committee is scheduled in Durban from 5 to 9 July and the couple wished for the presence of the Olympic family by their sides," the palace said.

"The prince also wanted the princess's first trip abroad to be to her homeland, South Africa.

The palace had said last month that the couple would hold a civil ceremony on July 8 followed by a religious marriage on July 9, in what is expected to be a star-studded event.

The last time Monaco celebrated a wedding of its ruling prince was in 1956, when Albert's father Prince Rainier married Kelly.

http://af.reuters.com/article/southAfricaNews/idAFLDE6700DQ20100801

Then

Le mariage civil aura lieu le vendredi 1er juillet , à 17h, dans la Salle du Trône, au Palais princier. Il sera célébré par M. Philippe Narmino, directeur des Services Judiciaires et Président du Conseil d'Etat.
M. Philippe Narmino est en effet l'officier d'état civil de la Famille Souveraine .

Le mariage religieux se déroulera le samedi 2 Juillet, dans la cour d'honneur du Palais princier, à 17h. Monseigneur Barsi célébrera la messe.

Les portes du Palais resteront ouvertes afin de permettre à 4 000 personnes environ d' assister, assises, à cette cérémonie retransmise sur écrans géants.

Ces deux jours, vendredi et samedi, seront fériés.

http://www.palais.mc/monaco/x-net/internet-palais-princier/francais/mariage-princier/informations-medias/informations-medias.1823.html

I don't remember if they at last change the time of the wedding to the morning so there would be no problems to coverage in France as the Tour of France is in the afternoon

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 03:18:06 am »

Oooooohhhhh ihope, ihope, ihope i get to see it! winter
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 03:36:37 am »

YouTube will have clips of it I'm sure, I plan on watching it on there and not on television.

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2011, 03:51:46 pm »

http://www.mariageprinciermonaco2011.mc/

Nicely done.  I can't wait to see the pictures for this wedding  thumbsup
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: