Royal Gossip
August 24, 2017, 06:03:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Albert & Charlene: The Wedding Thread  (Read 16397 times)
Mia
Baroness

« on: January 16, 2011, 11:52:28 pm »

Giorgio Armani confirm in an interview at the presentation of the new Emporio Armani collection in Milan that he's designing Charlene's wedding dress.

Is not a surprise, she dresses Armani clothes alot...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:44:45 am by YooperModerator » Logged

Take a bow Waitie Katie

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 12:51:06 am »

Now that is a pricey dress designer and I like his style, elegant and classy sigh
I wonder how it will look..

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 03:14:19 am »

That's awesome! Honestly I could never see Kate pulling off wearing a dress by any of the upscale big name designers like Armani or Karl Lagerfeld, they would all look cheap on her.

But I think Charlene will be able to pull it off.  thumbsup

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 05:59:54 pm »

Clever choice really and she'll look swell in it. I'm sure Armani will put something swell together and Monaco is so international that she doesn't haev to worry about offending domestic designers.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 06:05:11 pm »

very very good choice...love his clothes, simple yet very elegant.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 06:09:04 pm »

She's going ot be a great princess for Monaco. Really, she'll fit right in, perfect to reign over the jet set principality.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 08:53:31 pm »

I hope the press gives her some wedding covers and wedding coverage. I think she'll be a beautiful Princess-bride.

There will probably be only one new bride marrying a Prince, who will get to use the Princess title this wedding season and it's Charlene,NOT Kate, most likely Kate will  be called Duchess. I hope!

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 09:33:05 pm »

Good to see that Charlene is decisive enough, several months ahead of time while Kater-Tots is still dithering.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 12:17:48 am »

Why do you like Charlene? She is exactly like Waity, she has waited for the ring without doing anything except playing princess when she was not one and having surgery done to look more similar to Grace. Even they both of them want to be like their dead mother in laws.

And who was she going to choose as designer but Armani? She has been given freebies all the time  in case she got the ring.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Ella
Countess

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 01:35:18 am »

^Yeah, I thought she was better, but when I actually looked her up, she's just a prettier WK that's already had diplomatic gaffes.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 05:07:11 pm »

Charlene has been in the Olympics, nothing small to sniff at. Something there.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 05:10:40 pm »

I think Charlene has much more self discipline than Kate and she exudes a sense of sophistication that Kate does not possess. Armani will make her a beautiful dress, befitting a princess. Charlene will be a sight to behold on her wedding day, I'm sure. ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 05:14:38 pm »

She's been to the olympcs but after that what did she do? Nothing except waiting....

Has anyone read her last interviews? She is stupid and it shows. Monaco is going to the dogs.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 05:27:40 pm »

These days it  sounds like all royal houses are going to the dogs, with the exception of the non-reigning houses.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 05:30:47 pm »

there Yes the non reigning try to keep themselves royals but it also depends on the family - coughthesaboyascough
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:32:33 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 05:32:35 pm »

coughthesaboyascough

Pity that the nation's reputation is determined by the whims of a bunch of boys.

As for Monaco, Albert is older than William and given the mess he's made of his life, has a lot less options. Finding a woman without children and no previous marriage is quite the catch, especially for a Grimaldi. Two, maybe three kids out of wedlock is, when you think about it, quite the load of baggage for any woman to be taking on. Albert is quite lucky to have a woman minus all of that, plus willing to take on Albert's love kids as well as having her own. I think that's why I'm so fawning.

It's not like the other royal families have much to do with the Grimaldis anyway.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:35:27 pm by Kuei Fei » Logged

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 05:43:20 pm »

Alexandrine: I have not read much about Charlene or interviews. My perspective on her is a shallow one, as I'm basing it on how she carries herself. It's a pity that she is not very intelligent and I think all royal houses should place an importance on intellect over ornamentation, so I'm concluding that Charlene isn't going to be Albert's everything, just as Kate cannot possibly be William's everything. Yet, for some uncoonscious reason, I've never expected much depth from the House of Grimaldi. Perhaps it's due to the uncovered corruption in Monaco, the terribly disappointing Princess Stephanie, Caroline's playboy Hanoverian husband, and so on and so forth. I never thought Princess Grace was very intelligent either! Classy & ornamental, with a beautiful sense of style, but never impressive in intellect. ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 09:28:32 pm »

Grace was possibly dim but she knew  how to make Monaco the it place. Charlene only brings more trashiness to the land of trashiness.

I recommend everyone to read more about her, maybe some of you will like Waity a bit more.  easter-lol

Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 10:24:04 pm »

Alexandrine and Ella  -  lips  thumbsup  I sort of agree, now, about Charlene.  Although , in pictures, I did think she looked MUCH better than KM, and although Charlene exudes PHYSICALLY some semblance of stateliness/sophistication, I do NOT believe INTERNALLY or INTELLECTUALLY she does.

I never really liked the Monaco group, except for Prince Rainier who seemed smart and regal, but Princess Grace seemed all LOOKS and no smarts IMO. She was very ladylike, though, and as an actress I suppose she played her roles well, seeing that those roles were of pretty, simple feminine blondes and NEVER string smart women, like Katherine Hepburn, Joan Crawford, Audrey Hepburn.
I thought Princess Caroline looked very pretty when young, but for the last 15 years os so, looks horrible.

Charlene does, however, seems like the glamorous type who will make Monaco sparkle and I believe THAT is what Prince Albert wants PLUS that HEIR ! LOL.   thumbsup 

Alexandrine  -  I would love to read more about Charlene, but I really cannot find anything THAT bad. Am I not looking or googling the right words ??  easter-think  huh  dontknow
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 01:12:11 am »

As for Monaco, Albert is older than William and given the mess he's made of his life, has a lot less options. Finding a woman without children and no previous marriage is quite the catch, especially for a Grimaldi. Two, maybe three kids out of wedlock is, when you think about it, quite the load of baggage for any woman to be taking on. Albert is quite lucky to have a woman minus all of that, plus willing to take on Albert's love kids as well as having her own. I think that's why I'm so fawning.

It's not like the other royal families have much to do with the Grimaldis anyway.

I agree. I like that Charlene was pursuing her Olympic dreams, living her life. Represented her Country in the Olympics, it does show discipline. I also like that she has spoken a bit of French in a interview and she looks very polished, she is slowly rising to the challenge put before her. Whereas Kate appears to still be in University mode, like she's trying to be a teenager when she's almost 30.

I also like that Charlene does not have a stage Mother(Carole) she doesnt have an entire Family pushing her to pursue a Prince. She met Prince Albert and the two have dated , her family has not jumped into pushing the relationship on a regular basis.
Prince Albert is a grown man who chose the woman he wanted.....

I think Pr. William is a 28 yr old boy, who was pursued by an entire vampirish-family, he was lamb to Middleton's slaughter. Kate and her family turn me off completely.

I like Charlene I don't see any problem with her, she was an athlete, she went to the Olympics, she had Charities even before meeting Pr. Albert. It's Kate who IMO, basically set out to bed and board a rather sexually-inexperience young Prince, who hides behind her family under the press veil of a nice family girl , who I find trashy with all her crotch shots. I have no problem with Charlene for Pr.Albert with his ton of baggage. Charlene makes Pr.Albert look good imo.

[/URL]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: