Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 05:45:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did HM and Philip and the Court Have Brides In Mind?  (Read 1699 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: November 24, 2010, 07:44:18 pm »

Does anyone on here wonder if HM and the rest of the Court have a bride or so in mind as a serious candidate for William? HM had Queen Mary who set up a list of eligibles and Diana was considered a serious contender for Andrew.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 10:04:08 pm »

Probably, but with the mess his parents made I doubt that they believed that he would choose one of those. Although they didn't expect a WK.

But it should have been an aristo there are not many non catholic princesses around.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 10:13:17 pm »

dontknow

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 10:50:00 pm »

I'm sure the coutiers may have but I doubt HM did. She probably just wanted a better sort than Midds easter-think

Kate Middleton "a diabolical creature. A plastic bag blowing through the streets has more personality"
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 10:24:11 pm »

That's the problem with HM, she lets the younger royals run wild and has no standards in vital areas. HM isn't making the rest of the RF face the rules of royalty, just letting them enjoy the perks. The courtiers always know what they are doing. I pity the Court who spend all their time working like fiends, only to see it torn down. Sometimes I wonder about the angst of princes about roayl/aristocratic brides; I don't understand why a pretty, well born wife is such a hardship. In the past, since so many were unattractive, I understand that, but these days so amny of them are dazzling with great personalities.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Queenbee
courtier

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 11:02:58 pm »

I think we are infact seeing the last days of The British Royalty.Kate has done them in .sad but true imho

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 11:17:49 pm »

I htink the Court did have women in mind and I have to wonder if William even bothered to look at the dossier. It makes me ill that all this time, a lot of wives were lined up and likely in some cases aware, but now, instead of the finest lines in Europe being added to William's, the UK will now have this. HM never wanted anything but the best for William and brought him up to think so accordingly. IF the monarchy is to survive, then the Windsors will have to be removed from the institution and a fully aristocratic family will have to replace them.

I never thought it would happen, to come down to this. The monarchy in Britain has always ahd the best of the best, but this is actually going to be either the end, or the point of no return in the direction of the end. I personally think that Charles was never the problem, since he ALWAYS stayed within rights to asking HM before announcing anything; he didn't pull off announcing his marriage to Camilla, however much he campaigned for her acceptance. I really have to wonder, why would an aristocratic/royal bride be so offensive to so many people?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: