Royal Gossip
August 19, 2017, 08:15:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry's Military Service II  (Read 63059 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #560 on: April 02, 2015, 08:47:19 pm »

excellent. No chance of his going to a Cressida related event for a time. He could meet someone in Australia.
Adeline
Baroness

« Reply #561 on: April 02, 2015, 09:51:58 pm »

Great, I'm looking forward to this I think it will be good for Harry.  thumbsup (Plus it will get him out of the circus surrounding the next golden child  wopedo)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #562 on: April 03, 2015, 01:06:22 am »

Bush patrols, live fire exercises and 'indigenous engagement': Details of Prince Harry's duties during his deployment Down Under emerge (and it starts next week)

Details of Prince Harry's Australian deployment have been released
Prince will arrive in Canberra and will visit the Australian War Memorial
He will then report for duty and will be in Perth and Darwin among others
Duties set to include bush patrols and 'indigenous engagement'
Prince Harry will briefly travel back later this month for Gallipoli memorial
34,000 Britons and 8,700 Australians killed during WWI campaign

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3022875/Bush-patrols-live-fire-exercises-indigenous-engagement-Details-Prince-Harry-s-duties-deployment-emerge-starts-week.html#ixzz3WCStiOYj

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #563 on: April 03, 2015, 02:48:58 am »

Harry, we'll be delighted to have you!

He's going to train with our SAS. He will have a ball!
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #564 on: April 10, 2015, 03:14:59 am »

Prince Harry will be reuniting with his Gurkha comrades in a special 200 year celebration.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-harry/11525921/Prince-Harry-to-reunite-with-Gurkha-comrades-for-Nepalese-warriors-200th-anniversary.html
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #565 on: April 18, 2015, 07:41:06 pm »

Prince Harry goes on patrol Down Under: Fantastic photographs show the royal getting to grips with a chopper, stalking through the jungle... and even paying a surprise visit to some children

Prince Harry visited one of the most remote areas in the world as part of his tour with the Australian Army
    Captain Wales spent time with locals in the Wuggubun community, some 600 miles from Darwin, the nearest city
    Locals who were thrilled to spend time with Harry said he just 'rocked up' and that he is a 'delightful chap'
    30-year-old has been in Australia since Monday and will stay for a month before retiring from the British Army

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3044816/Prince-Harry-spends-time-remote-Aboriginal-community-outback-completes-two-weeks-Australian-Army-locals-think-delightful-chap.html#ixzz3XghTR858

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #566 on: April 19, 2015, 01:28:54 pm »

Why do you really think Harry is retiring from the military?
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #567 on: April 20, 2015, 09:11:54 am »

His letter shew he was rather reluctant to leave his friends or colleagues. I think the BRF can no longer afford Prince Harry 'buried' in the army and not available for engagements or royal work. From now on his main work will be for the Firm and not for the army. Yet, he moves to Down Under, not London. So this transition is a long-term one : Harry is called to lead a big part for a long time.
Harry may also leave on his own because his career is not progressing, he needs change or is fed up with not working with females !

As for me, I think lots of things are happening behind closed doors, between the Middletons (including William !) and the BRF. I may be mistaken, but I don't think it is a coincidence that Harry quits army when :
- the staff leaves Anmer Hall to join the Queen,
- Charles complains he doesn't see his grandson,
- an article about Carole managing the couple (no, not the house !)
- Pippa must give up her American work,
- the Middletons launch a new PR campaign (following Pippa when she runs, sending the message 'we are better than Uncle Gary', etc.),
- foremost the Saint-Paul's commemoration (Kate not curtseying to the Queen, not answering to Sophie, William not helping her, bizarre conversation topic, etc.)

But if it was only a divorce matter, what Harry should have to do with that ? I guess the BRF is not too pleased with William either.
Moreover, as for me, Harry moves to Australia because :
- it pleases him to travel
- the BRF agrees to the idea so that he doesn't have to deal with the Middletons or even William while things are being settled.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #568 on: April 20, 2015, 12:48:03 pm »

wasn't Harry in Australia for a month only (during the expected birth of baby #2). where's written that he's moving there?
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #569 on: April 20, 2015, 02:22:31 pm »

^ I'm sorry, you're right. Harry spends spring Down Under, summer in Africa, and then he moves back to the UK.  sorry

Which removes my part about living Down Under ! But I'm still convinced he leaves the army because the BRF needs him.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #570 on: May 17, 2015, 04:08:52 am »

Harry: Army kept me out of trouble

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/harry-winner-zealand-tour-025058751.html#s0bl3n

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #571 on: May 17, 2015, 04:31:36 am »

Bring back National Service says Prince Harry
http://www.thecrownchronicles.co.uk/bring-back-national-service-says-prince-harry/

@hendopolis
SUNDAY TIMES EXCLUSIVE: Bring back national service says Harry #tomorrowspaperstoday
https://mobile.twitter.com/hendopolis/status/599680547766558720/photo/1

http://gojennifer20.tumblr.com/post/119137065968/bring-back-national-service-says-harry#notes
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:39:17 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #572 on: May 18, 2015, 01:45:00 am »

Top brass echo Harry's call to bring back National Service: Former Army chiefs say reintroduction would 'benefit' the country

Prince Harry, 30, said a decade in the Army had kept him 'out of trouble'
    He believes Britain should bring back compulsory call-ups to the military
    His call for a return of National Service is backed by former military bosses
    Scheme was abolished in 1960 but last conscripts did not finish until 1963

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3085652/Top-brass-echo-Harry-s-call-bring-National-Service-Former-Army-chiefs-say-reintroduction-benefit-country.html#ixzz3aRjiIW4e

You know, I don't think Harry went into the military to serve, so much as get parenting he didn't get as a kid; it sounds like he viewed his superior officers as parent figures and not as military superiors experienced in warfare. Compulsory military service works if the participants want to fight, but as evidenced by Vietnam and all the wars since, the problem is that governments are getting troops into one mess after another, often having nothing to do with defending the country.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #573 on: May 23, 2015, 10:13:25 pm »

Australian taxpayers will be billed an estimated $115,000 for Prince Harry's month-long army secondment – including $1000 for bottled water and Gatorade.

The 30-year-old barely appeared in public during his stay in Australia from April 6 to May 9, but the public is still expected to foot the bill.

While Defence has not yet tallied the total cost of the stay, Fairfax Media has obtained documents containing the army's preliminary cost estimates.

Prince Harry made only one public appearance during his visit to Australia

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/prince-harrys-australian-visit-to-cost-115000-documents-show-20150523-gh7zwo.html

Wouldn´t be too happy if I was an Australian tax payer.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #574 on: May 23, 2015, 10:41:07 pm »

it's not that much for an entire month. and especially since $75K of them were for emergency evacuation preparedness. so, in reality his expenses are like 30K, or a thousand per day. and that includes the RPOs and the plane tickets back and forth.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #575 on: May 24, 2015, 01:20:17 am »

The bottled water and Gatorade seems a mite overblown and nitpicky, to me.  He'd have to drink about 3 gallons a day in US terms.

ANYway, compared to the Cambridge's visit and all the events and good will he did, it's peanuts.  If that includes travel, lodging and RPOs it's really nothing, isn't it?  Seems very reasonable.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #576 on: May 24, 2015, 02:00:50 am »

RPOs are paid for by the British taxpayers so their costs aren't included.

He was only in public for two days - and did no official events in Australia. The CC records no royal doing anything on the day of his arrival and the day he was welcomed in Sydney at the end has many other royals undertaking duties that day but nothing for Harry.

The official part of his tour was in NZ while Australia was a private visit - more like his gap year travels but assigned to the military instead of a cattle station.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #577 on: May 24, 2015, 04:04:21 pm »

Prince Harry's military tour to Australia will cost taxpayers $115,000… including $1000 for water and sports drinks to ensure the royal’s ‘heat safety
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3094621/Prince-Harrys-four-week-military-tour-Australia-cost-taxpayers-115-000-including-1000-water-sports-drinks-ensure-royal-s-heat-safety.html

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #578 on: May 24, 2015, 04:32:46 pm »

^^OH!  That expenditure ($150k)  is for two days?  I completely missed that one.  Ok, not good.  I thought that was for the 30+ days.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #579 on: May 24, 2015, 07:24:09 pm »

This is without the cost of his RPO´s etc, and possibly flights.

But the biggest line item is $75,940 for "AME", which is believed to refer to Aero-Medical Evacuation aircraft that were on standby but never used.

http://tinyurl.com/qxbbp23
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: