Royal Gossip
May 25, 2017, 11:48:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry's Military Service II  (Read 60456 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: May 07, 2011, 02:48:36 am »

Back to work for Harry as Wattisham’s new boy
http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/back_to_work_for_harry_as_wattisham_s_new_boy_1_2653192
AFTER a busy bank holiday weekend as his brother’s best man, it was back to work at a new ‘office’ for Prince Harry.

Tuesday was the pilot prince’s first day at the Army Air Corps’ Wattisham base near Stowmarket, taking up the challenge of mastering the high-tech Apache attack helicopter’s sophisticated weapons systems, the Army and Clarence House have confirmed.

Prince Harry, 26, gained his Apache pilot’s badge in mid April after going through a ‘conversion to type’ course at the School of Army Aviation at Middle Wallop, Hampshire.

He was also promoted to become Captain Harry Wales. That means he had become one of the select few qualified to fly the Army’s 67, 205mph, two-seater helicopters.

Now Prince Harry is on the Apache conversion to role course on which, the Army says, he will learn ‘to operate the aircraft and its weapons systems in a variety of challenging operational scenarios’.

The course includes a section in the USA where he will live fire the Apache’s mix of rockets, missiles and 30mm chain gun.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 03:53:34 pm »

Although I think it's nice that he is doing well, it's stupid to spend all the money on his training if it's not going to be used. And after the mess with him going to Afghanistan I don't see him going again to war.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 08:36:56 pm »

I think the training is good ot get them disciplined and in fit shape, but on the other hand, both should be working for their father at the Prince's Trust.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 08:55:16 pm »

When's he coming to the US for his training and where?  Camp Pendleton, I hope.  It's just up the highway from me.  I can at least congratulate him.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 09:07:31 pm »

Yooper, if you're feeling entrepreneural, you could rent out your home to a bunch of crazed Harryites. Or buy some land and set up a camp for harry fans; you would make a mint and press coverage would be fun, would it not?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
libbyrose
gossip insider

Harryite #16

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 09:14:31 pm »

Yooper, if you're feeling entrepreneural, you could rent out your home to a bunch of crazed Harryites. Or buy some land and set up a camp for harry fans; you would make a mint and press coverage would be fun, would it not?
can I make a booking now?  flirt
libbyrose
gossip insider

Harryite #16

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 01:11:55 am »

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/exclusive/e_news/1293017/Muslim-extremists-target-Prince-Harry-in-video-to-avenge-Bin-Ladens-death.html
from NOTW,  an extremist group has posted video threatening the Assassination of Prince Harry in response to the killing of Osama Bin Laden

EXTREMISTS aiming to avenge the death of Osama bin Laden have made Prince Harry their top target in a chilling video.
The sinister Muslims Against Crusades group - involved in violent clashes with police in London on Friday - even fake the death of the soldier prince in their film as they whip up hatred against him on an Islamic jihadist website.
One raging extremist rants: "May Allah destroy him."
Dubbed Harry The Nazi, the sick video shows clips of the young royal wearing a wartime German uniform as a prank at a party.
Nazi blunder... Harry at party
Made by the shady Muslims Against Crusades group - who tried to storm the US Embassy in London on Friday - the video also seizes on inappropriate "Paki" and "raghead" comments Harry once made about Asian comrades in Afghanistan.
And against a soundtrack of marching troops and Arabic chanting, it displays a rising column of smoke behind clips of Harry on service in Afghanistan - abruptly ending in static white noise as if the 26-year-old prince had already been assassinated.
The two and a half minute propaganda film, uploaded after bin Laden's killing, certainly had the desired effect on fanatics who queued up to make violent comments after watching it.
One militant using the online alias MuslimaFisabilillah raged: "May Allah curse and destroy him." Another, BrotherYounis, added: "May he rot in hell". And another, named "nsuenv", raved: "Not only a Nazi, both Harry and Hitler starts with H. Harry the brutish nazi."
A police source who viewed the video said: "The Met are constantly monitoring activity by Muslims Against Crusades. If a direct threat is made we will respond."
Last night security experts said the film on the website was being taken seriously in the light of Friday's violence in which 200 of its supporters held a mock funeral for Bin Laden, shot dead by American special forces last week.

Gunning for Harry... video of prince fighting aims to inflame terrorists
They were led by the group's spokesman, al-Qaeda-supporting preacher Anjem Choudary. The ranting benefit scrounger warned the UK is likely to suffer another 7/7-style attack.
But even that could be eclipsed by a hit on a national figure like Prince Harry. One security expert Neil Doyle told us: "The group's supporters make it quite clear they want to see Harry dead. We are in a high danger period."
The film shows a series of media clips of Harry serving with the army in Helmand in 2007 to 2008. He is seen talking about what a thrill it was for him to fight.
"All my wishes have come true," he says. One clip has Harry engaging with Taliban fighters and firing a machine gun. All the while the sinister smoke rises in the background. Then comes a clip from a video leaked to the News of the World in January 2009 - which led to Harry being accused of racism.
He filmed his fellow soldiers at a field camp in Cyprus. Stopping at one soldier, he says: "Ahh, our little Paki friend Ahmed". Another clip is the now infamous moment Harry is caught on camera saying to another soldier who has covered his head: "F*** me, you look like a raghead."
It was feared at the time that those comments would be used to incite hatred among Islamic fundamentalist groups already angry that he served on the front line.
As the *despise* video continues, Harry is filmed saying of his time in action: "It was fantastic. I was wanting to it the whole time. I'd love to go back out there." The film ends by zooming in on the infamous picture of the prince in a Nazi uniform. Harry was 20 when he wore a swastika on an Afrika Korps outfit to a fancy dress party in 2005.
He was forced to issue an apology saying: "I am very sorry if I have caused any offence. It was a poor choice of costume and I apologise."
The video then focuses on the still rising funereal smoke it for a few seconds before the production ends abruptly.
Elsewhere on the terror site both Harry and William are branded Nazis and the Queen is compared to Libyan dictator Colonel Gaddafi. Harry has long been a target for terrorists. After returning home from his ten weeks in Helmand in 2007 to 2008 he joked that his nickname was the "bullet magnet".
As a soldier with the Household Cavalry he was a tactical air controller - calling up allied aircraft in support of ground forces.
The prince killed up to 30 of the enemy on his front line tour by directing three air strikes on Taliban rebels.
It emerged he also manned a heavy machinegun to trade fire with insurgents.
Speaking of going on patrol, he said: "I'll be very wary about the fact that I do need to keep my face slightly covered just on the off-chance that I get recognised, which will put other guys in danger." And he added: "Once this comes out, every single person that supports them will be trying to slot me." After his stint in Afghanistan his security level was increased to the Queen's. Now six SAS-trained gun guards shadow him wherever he goes and Britain's security services consider the threat of an attack against the royal family to Level 2 - only one below "imminent".
After Harry passed his Apache flying test last month, speculation rose that he could return to Afghanistan once again before the withdrawal in 2015. He has now been promoted to the army rank of Captain.
Another security source told us: "Prince Harry is inevitably at risk. As risks go up then the protection capability has to be increased. There is a feeling one cannot be too careful."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 01:17:59 am by libbyrose » Logged
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 01:16:02 am »

Oh, dear God.  Be vigilant, but don't give in to fear.  They're cowards, the whole lot of them. 

Saying prayers.....

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
royal_watcher05
courtier

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 03:27:45 am »

I hope he stays safe!!!
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 06:57:55 am »

Here comes Harry! Prince set to visit California for Apache helicopter training

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2027736/Here-comes-Harry-Prince-set-visit-California-Apache-helicopter-training.html#ixzz1VS41TF35

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 02:15:25 pm »

California has the largest air bases pretty much anywhere.  Oh, boy, I hope it's Miramar (Blue Angels station there, I believe) or Pendleton.  Probably Edwards Air Base, tho.  He is more than welcome here!!!!!  Yay!

benign
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 03:45:38 pm »

lots of luck PH....I thought he was going to Arizona too for his heli training...PH is really working hard and enjoying his 20s too...
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 03:51:18 pm »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20094567-10391698.html

[
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 05:57:03 pm »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44201608/ns/today-today_people/

Attention, California Girls!

Harry's brother and sister-in-law, Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, also visited Canada and California, back in July. Though their trip included splashy, high-profile events, Harry is unlikely to hobnob with celebrities. Instead, he may visit an Apache pilot training center in Mesa, Ariz. After completing his training in two or three months, his spokesman estimated, he'll be assigned to a U.K. Apache squadron that may be deployed to a war zone. (Harry's no stranger to active service: In 2007, he served 10 weeks in Afghanistan.)

On Thursday, the prince met with emergency services and residents affected by the London riots, posing for a photo with firefighters who continued to work through the chaos. Harry praised the crew's "bravery," telling them, "as an army officer, I really respect the work you guys do," the BBC reported.

karla64
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 06:21:09 pm »

It said he will stay for two months in California  but not yet confirm?

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/prince-harry-to-spend-2-months-in-the-u-s/70190

[
Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 07:22:50 pm »

*ahem-hem*  *gives Harry a little nudge*  Vegas is right in between California and Arizona.  Perfect place for a fun, relaxing weekend to unwind from all that training!  Especially when he's in Arizona.  Nothing to do in that dustbin.  tehe

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
benign
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 03:56:47 am »

Camilla Tominey of Express Sunday:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/266193/Prince-Harry-s-gunning-for-his-toughest-test-the-Taliban
Apache pilot, Prince Harry, 26, will embark on his most gruelling ­training yet when he flies to the US to learn how to use his attack ­helicopter’s awesome weaponry.
Army captain Harry will spend eight weeks in the desert this autumn to prepare him for being redeployed to the front line.
- lots of luck PH....
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 04:17:47 pm »

^^How true, Gwendolyn.  No offense to the Zonies, but Arizona is one big ashtray - the populated places anyway.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 08:54:24 am »

Well, I hope the Border Patrol is ready to handle even more traffic, what with all the Harryites sneaking in through the border.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 02:31:31 pm »

Party-loving Prince Harry heads for military training in tiny Arizona desert town... and there's only one bar

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2040873/Prince-Harry-heads-military-training-Gila-Bend-Arizona.html#ixzz1YmYijZMM

don't like the subtle dig

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: