Royal Gossip
May 21, 2018, 06:08:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free ticket to celebrate/ Peoples party wedding articles  (Read 4268 times)
princess_elena
gossip insider

« on: November 24, 2010, 08:13:00 am »

Found this link:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...nce-Williams-wedding.html

Edited the thread title, to let people know of the merge of topics. ~Varya, forum moderator easter-egg-basket
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:39:37 pm by Varya » Logged
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:45:19 pm »

Sorry ... the page you requested could not be found.  Angry

Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 03:26:37 pm »

Just go to the main page and it's right here. Wow I wouldn't try to go to that I would be booing. What does that say about them?  They need  100 seat fillers?

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

benign
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 04:53:11 pm »

interesting but hey whatever works for PW and CM, and if its circus they want, good luck to them....love to see a traditonal royal weddings..
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 05:41:11 pm »

It depends on how much is spent really on the pomp. If HM and Charles have to pay for it themselves, then I'm more than sure that there will be cutbacks on the parade, ceremony length, choir, etc. than was used for the wedding of Charles and Diana. Considering the negative coverage and the comments, I think HM will cut back, to say the least about the whole economy being in tatters. No chance of anyone feeling like celebrating much of anything. Free tickets is sad since for other weddings there is usually a massive crush to buy a good seat.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 06:39:09 pm »

It's April 29 and you are all invited! Millions to celebrate 'People's Royal Wedding' with holiday that could last 11 days

Heads of state 'not at the top of the guest list'... so will the Obamas attend?
Kate's parents contribute five-figure sum towards the wedding

So Kate's parents can't possibly be footing the bill, or the dress no less. This is a dinky fraction of what the wedding dress alone will cost, so if HM is paying for all of this, there will have to be cuts, or a very steamed Sovereign over having to foot such an extravaganza. For all that the RF is considered stingy, they aren't at least irresponsible. As for the heads of state, this is kind of a priority, since this is after all a state event.

Prince William plans to pack Westminster Abbey with children, volunteers and the homeless in a unique ‘People’s Royal Wedding’.
Invitations will be sent to scores of ordinary citizens as William attempts to evoke the memory of his mother - famously dubbed 'The People's Princess' - by making his marriage to Kate Middleton on April 29 next year a celebration for the whole nation.
There will be street parties, a concert by Britain’s top pop stars, and a bank holiday the weekend after Easter. For many this could mean a break stretching to 11 days if they take time off between the successive four-day bank holiday weekends.

As it is, the nation is part of these state events, but why does he have to evoke the memory of his mother? I thought her memorial concert was a part of letting her go and moving on. Not about bringing her back to the eye of the public. I wonder if he will have celebrities attending the wedding, if so, their fashions will be interesting to say the least.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1332542/Royal-wedding-Holiday-Prince-William-Kate-Middleton-set-wed-April-29.html#ixzz16E3PHAlk

Kate’s ‘extremely generous’ parents have agreed to pay a five-figure sum towards the £12million cost of the big day, the rest of which will be funded by the Queen and Prince Charles.

But that is nearly nothing compared to what HM and Charles will be paying. They could at least pay the cost of the dress and accessories and dresses for the bridesmaids.

U.S. President Barack Obama and wife Michelle are said to be eager to attend - but with William determined to honour his mother and plan the wedding in his own way, they will have to wait and see if they make the cut.

But Obama is a head of state, like as not. He will be going, or the First Lady will be going to the wedding, he can't cut ou the country that is an ally since forever.

But Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, William’s private secretary, added that RAF helicopter co-pilot William was keen to avoid roping in colleagues from the Armed Forces who are involved in the war effort in Afghanistan.

I wodner how he'll do at base, seeing the people he snubbed on a regular basis; room for entertainers and such, but no room for military personnel who would be able and eager to go? Insult of insults, they are the ones who protect him and the RF, plus fight for their country. I mean, why not troops, I am sure there are plenty who have already served who would be able to attend this event.

ABTA, the travel association which represents more than 5,000 travel agents, described the news as a ‘unique holiday bonanza’, while it was predicted that wedding fever will boost the economy.

Only for the moment though, not forever; how many people will acutally be ableto afford to go, even with a discount?

The taxpayer will pick up the bill for security costs, thought to approach £20million thanks to anti-terror measures and bank holiday overtime payments.

I hope it's only that though.

Nothing troubles him more than the thought of the Middletons feeling overwhelmed by the occasion,’ says one of his circle.
‘To him, the joy of Kate’s family on her wedding day is more important than his own family’s.

After all, why should he care about the feelings of the family who protected him and put clothes on his back and helped him maintain the ability to continue St. Andrews, despite his wanting to drop out.

But, inspired by William’s preferred understated style, Kate is to be presented as the ‘new Elizabeth’, more in the manner of the young Queen in the tough post-war period than the glittering fairy princess Diana.

:vomit:

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
spookyboo
courtier

Long live HRH King Henry IX

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 06:47:27 pm »

The link to the article
I'm so over this whole thing... I read a headline can't find it now think it's from Hello ick anyway, said he knows his own mind... yah, to bad it's influenced by the Midds, don't think things would worry me so much if I thought for a second he gave a crap about his own!

Loyal Harry-ite#8
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 06:47:43 pm »

He is an ungrateful and selfish little *poo*! The Middletons really have his balls in their purse don't they? (sorry for the vulgarity, but this really ticks me off). nomorekate

Prince William to Invite some people of the public to wedding

So what? This is just a lame attempt to make it look like they actually care about the "common people", how condescending!  snob

The only "common" people that William has associated himself with (except when dragged there by his family) are the Middletons and his future wife who is as common as they come!

Oh wait... I guess this means those empty seats are going to go the the Middleton family that Carole and immediate fam have snubbed all these years. Hey maybe Uncle Gary will make it to the wedding after all. X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes

Regarding the first article:

The taxpayer will pick up the bill for security costs, thought to approach £20million thanks to anti-terror measures and bank holiday overtime payments.
...the £12million cost of the big day, the rest of which will be funded by the Queen and Prince Charles.

So the tax payer is expected to foot the bill for £20Million? Yet the wedding is supposed to be £12million? Wow that's quite a difference, and most of it is going to the tax payer, no wonder the British public are always complaining about the RF... X-Mas_rolleyes
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 06:57:15 pm by Varya » Logged

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 06:49:38 pm »

I totally agree... it's so sad because before this fiasco wedding mess of the century I really thought he actually cared for his family. I guess the only people he really cares about are those hellish trashy Middletons! baby

On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 07:16:46 pm »

I'm sorry i will be very rude!!!!

This guy is just a cad baby So he know that there will be a LOT OF HEADS STATE, like president obama and others kings ans queens.. and he just want people there and just invite? hall-Spell-check And if someone with bad intentions gets one invite? Did this stupid brat think in this?  screaming

And one more thing, he is always talking about the others that they use his mother  name and always be furious about that!!!   hall-Spell-check Now he gave his mother ring (ok it's his problem because he gave it... if they divorce he will lose it bored3) because he wanted it!!!!ok i understand... he chose the abbey because he means a lot to him!!! (his mother funeral (he wants to remember this  wellduh)!!! Couldn't he chose St Paul’s because it's his mother again it's a happier moment  looky) but now he wants a peoples wedding?  wed Give me a break!!!!  pinocchio pinocchio pinocchio pinocchio He and Kate are using Diana name to get popularity Angry it's a shame for god shake.... and then we will disappointed because people will giving  interview and he cannot trust anyone!!!!!

I understand why many say that will be the end of monarchy!!! bye

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 07:33:12 pm »

I think he's trying to give Kate as much luster as possible; she has nothing else to offer and go figure, he chooses the ONE WOMAN out of millions who has zero anything to commend her to the people. I am so glad I broke this article down for all of you to read, the most offensive points of it. He's already trying hard to brush Kate up and I think that by choosing the Abbey, he is trying to make Kate out to be the HM! AS IF she could ever have so much to offer. New "Elizabeth II" indeed and I think that Kate is the one pushing for as stately a wedding as possible.

Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 07:37:09 pm »

I merged "free ticket to celebrate and "peoples wedding" together, I think I did it so the posts are in order of when they were typed, so if it gets confusing I apologize. This is my first time merging topics. ~Varya, forum moderator easter-egg-basket
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:40:17 pm by Varya » Logged

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 07:40:45 pm »

You did well Varya thumbsup. I really can't believe this, I really can't. The Court is trying to help him, not hinder him.

Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 07:59:45 pm »

Thanks KF! BFF2

I completely agree with you, he's just being a complete idiot! His family must be beyond disappointed, especially HM and PP. They don't deserve his douchie behavior! thumbsdown

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 08:15:12 pm »

I htink that HM is going to be a massive wreck that day and smiling will take all of her control. I hope Philip gives Kate a piece of his mind after the ceremony, knowing him, he will and it won't be pleasant. HM gave William the upbringing to expect the best, whihc would result in the best possible bride and I think now she wishes that she had raised him like a monk. to think, the wedding and resting place of kings and queens will be desecrated by the Midds; all of them grinning like hyenas and I will throw up once the after occurs. I am so NOT watching this travesty on television, just no way. I'll stay on this forum and comment by hearsay and the articles.

WHY is Kate/Midds so vital to him that he deos this slap in the face to the woman who protected him the most after the death of his mother, plus during those chaotic years of the divorce? If not for her, his upbringing would have been the opposite of what it was for him. Then his father, of all people, who made sure that he had privacy to go to school and I personally think that it was a waste since his subject had no relevance to the position he would hold and placed him in front of all the golddiggers who I daresay is the reason he has messed up his life. If he had been in diplomacy, then it is likely that he owuld have met more snazzily dressed women and ferociously hard workers who would have been a credit, plus they would have had a career that would have been excellent preparation for a position in the RF.

Now, instead, he's married a total wreck who still after eight years has no clue about how to even dress. It disgusts me that he is marrying someone so lazy, immoral, and it is portrayed as some love story. A suitable woman isn't just aristocratic, but moral and well behaved and a hard worker. I am also grossed out that IF there had been something encouraged, that the Court would have made the wrong choice, while William has shown that he has more ruined his life each time he makes a choice about his life. I think that if his marriage had been arranged, everyone would be going on about 'poor William,' while his bride would be bullied within an inch of her sanity with the press bashing her as a matter of course, as if she had as much of a choice.

He would likely resent her, mainly since his angst, as if marriage to a dazzling, well born royal princess would be such a chore. Personally I think that inviting charity workers and honest people is Kate's way of showing her triumph, more her victory than one of people coming together. This is more her leaving their ranks and joining the royal ones. At least he isn't marrying the type of women that any man would kill for and then treat her shabbily (not like Charles, lets not bring him up PLEASE) and then publicly humiliate her that way.

Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 08:24:05 pm »

I'm with you KF in that the midds are a complete waste and quite frankly are trash imo. BUT I don't agree that he needed to marry someone who was aristocratic or a princess, there are plenty of commoners out there who are 100 times better then the lazy women has chosen to marry. It imo doesn't have much to do with her being "common" but more with how her family operates. They are basically trained to be ferocious social climbers, and unfortunately they seem to have succeded ick .

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 08:25:53 pm »

Oh, I don't mean that an aristo would have been better, as mentioned, I said that if he had studied diplomacy, he would have met ferocious workers and womne who knew how to behave.

caribbean_lady
gossip insider

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 08:32:19 pm »

William didn't even tried to look for other decent ladies (commoner or aristo). He's just childish and will do whatever he pleases, even if he has destroy monarchy in the meantime. He was the one who took this decision, not ours. I wish him good luck from now on and hope this doesn't end in tears.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 08:35:47 pm »

Just for the heck of it, I hope that when he starts touring, meets dazzling women, then starts smacking himself upside the head. He starts meeting classy womne, while Kate makes an idiot of herself and he is tired of her antics and smoke soaked face. Then he meets aristocratic women from all over the world, he goes easter-James over them, but be stuck with Kate.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 10:21:06 pm »

"to think, the wedding and resting place of kings and queens will be desecrated by the Midds; "

It's utterly desperate and I often have to pinch myself that this is happening. As others have said it isn't the "commoner" bit that matters at all - these people have pushed themselves to where they and their daughter are now and if we follow the money we know how they've done it.

William is a plank head as he just cannot see it. I doubt he's as nice anmd easy going as they try to make out. To me he has Charles Spencer written all over him and will turn out to be just as ruthless in the end. It's a sad day for Her Majesty who has never put a foot wrong and I feel very sad that this is how she is ending her reign.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: