Royal Gossip
May 27, 2017, 07:07:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: all *Honeymoon* articles - Update: Finished!  (Read 32407 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 10:16:21 pm »

Prince Edward watched Shakeaspeare in Love, and liked so much the title of Count of Wessex that he asked the queen for that title for himself.

There has been rumours that he is going to be made Duke of Edinburgh when his father dies, but before that happens Charles must become king too.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 12:17:30 am »

Alexandrine    -    thankyou   Oh wow that explains it. AND A LOT more, in my eyes. For example, I guess HM really does strongly disapprove of KM (and PW perhaps) because HM could have listened to PW and granted "Princess Catherine" to KUG. Even PW allegedly begged..ahem..allegedly asked HM NOT to make him a Duke !  Well well well.  rofl   tehe   thumbsup 

I do NOT entirely understand the whole curtsying thing  , but does DUCHESS KATE now have to curtsy to EVERY Princess like Bea, Eugenie, CP Letizia, CP Maxima, Anne, CP Mary, CP Victoria, even Princess Madeleine ??   dontknow   Spooky-bat
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 01:49:55 am »

but does DUCHESS KATE now have to curtsy to EVERY Princess like Bea, Eugenie, CP Letizia, CP Maxima, Anne, CP Mary, CP Victoria, even Princess Madeleine ??

Yes. By protocol a Duchess HAS to curtsy to the princesses in the room, by birth or marriage. She is not the wife of the Heir, but the wife of the lower ranking son, no matter how direct in line. She is not a princess since she isn't one in her own right, neither is William legally (Prince of Wales), and William is the son of the Heir, which why they referred to it as a non-state occasion.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Ella
Countess

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 02:10:22 am »

Again, I'm not trying to be a  Lips Sealed, but Kate is a princess and won't be curtseying to anyone, sadly.

Trust me, I wish it weren't true,  but she's a HRH, and ALL HRHs only ever curtsey to a Monarch or consort, not to one another, so not to Bea, Eugenie, Anne, Camilla, or anyone. She's chosen to go by Duchess, but that doesn't mean she isn't Princess William. She outranks Princesses Bea./Eug. privately, and all the other females in public except Camilla and HM via the official order of precedence set by the HM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_precedence_in_the_United_Kingdom
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 02:46:49 am »

benign: $60M question - what is Kate going to do all day? Well, the same things she has been doing for the past 8 years, ie nothing.

Which will now put her on the taxpayer dime, go figure. Now her fans can't say that she isn't costing the taxpayer money, now they can't defend her in that respect. If by July she isn't working, people are going to wonder when she will start. She can't just start at the Olympics, that would be illogical. She can't get away with "the Palace doesn't want her to work" line and she isn't likely to be able to cite anything that would make sense. Seeing how many engagements she does during hte summer should be interesting. She has to work, no more getting around it.

She will, and thats why I dont believe she will be living in Wales all the time while William is on the base down there. I think the courtiers will have her closer to them so they can hopefully prepare her for doing Royal duties that she will have to do without William being by her side either in the UK or overseas. I think for now we will see her doing some Royal Duties with William like she was prior to the wedding.

As for the Honeymoon well maybe this is a red herring for the press. spy

You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, which doesn't say much for you.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 03:08:00 am »

She was wearing those awful wedges, does she EVER get tired of following all the lastest trends?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 03:12:04 am »

^No, HRHs everywhere only curtsey to Monarchs and consorts, not to other HRHs.

Also, Kate does have a princess title, she just won't use it. She's Princess William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, so she actually has an equal rank to all other princesses.

I'd be happier if she only got a Countess title because then she'd only have Princess, Countess, and Viscountess. Instead, she has Princess, Duchess, Countess and Baroness.  thumbsdown

Ella  -    TY. (I quoted YOU above, yet now, I do not see that post ?)  I believe, on another thread this morning, someone replied to my question about Kug's being called a "princess" incorrect and the next sentence called K a "duchess" and they confirmed THAT TITLE was the correct one.
SO, I kind of knew KM is NOT a "princess".

KF   -  Thankyou.  Kiss   Hi   Glad to know KUG must curtsy to te princesses !! That must make her angry. AWWWW.    thumbsup
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 03:22:42 am »

Kate is a Duchess. When Fergie was Duchess of York, she was also technically "Princess Andrew," but awas referred to as Duchess, which is what Kate's rank is. Diana was "HRH Diana, Princess of Wales" because LEGALLY her husband was a Prince, not just by birth, but at the prerogative of the Sovereign, Prince of Wales and Heir Apparant.

Kate, is not by aapointment by the Soveriegn a princess in her own right and she migth be able to use Princess William, but that is like saying she's Mrs. Wales. She isn't Kate Wales because she isn't a direct by birth member of the RF. Kate is "HRH the Duchess of Cambridge because that is the title that was granted William by HM and that is as high as she's going to go for now.

In Britain she might get away with not dropping a curtsy, but frankly put, overseas she WILL have to bend the knee to the other Crown Princesses and the princesses she runs across in Europe if she wants things to go smoothly. She has to, since overseas rank is a jealously guarded prerogative and if she wants to be accepted beyond tolerated, she will have to curtsy.

Among the other princesses, she will have the lowest rank in the ballroom.

Raisie
Countess

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 03:31:33 am »

Among the other princesses, she will have the lowest rank in the ballroom.

Ouch,that would have to hurt her after all what she did.

"Only do what your heart tells you."
- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 03:47:42 am »

She wouldn't mind though, cause now she's one of them in the ballroom, let alone allowed in.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 03:58:35 am »

IN europe, she will be expected to bend the knee to Madeleine, Prince Carl-Philip, Leti, Mary, Mette-Marit, and all the rest. Now that she's officially a member of the RF, she is now required to abide by all their rules.

berlin
Countess

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2011, 04:04:10 am »

I have never, ever seen lower ranked HRHs curtsy/bow to CPs.  HRHs don't do this to other HRHs.  And how is Madeleine and CP higher ranked than Kate?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2011, 04:15:16 am »

Madeleine is a born princess and Prince Philip is the same. In Britain HRH might not do that, but in Europe the protocol is closely observed.

For example rank in a woman's own right:

Queen
Crown Princess
Princess
Duchess
Marchioness
Countess
Viscountess
Baroness
Lady (wife of a man who is knighted)

Kate is a Duchess, but only by marriage.

Madeleine is a Princess by right Carl Philip outrank her entirely in their own right. Women who are princesses by marriage hold rank above her like it or not. She is legally and by marriage a Duchess, a nothing in her own right, that is the difference. Subtle, but crucial in the ballroom.

berlin
Countess

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2011, 04:34:34 am »

Oh yeah, I forgot about the birth thing.  But I don't see Kate curtsying to other HRHs.  I've never heard or seen such a thing.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 04:38:48 am »

She will, whether she likes it or not and she will because it will be required by PROTOCOL! She can't pull stunts like not doing it, or trying to pull rank on the other princesses or go about leaking nasty press stories about them. She is in the ballroom, she will follow the rules of the ballroom.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 05:05:36 am »

Photo OP holding mummy's hand I mean wifey her smiling at the camera even their hand holding looks odd. shifty

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 11:54:02 pm »

£4,000-a-night honeymoon: William is to whisk Kate off to a tropical hideaway

The newlywed Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are to honeymoon in a £4,000-a-night villa on one of the most beautiful and romantic islands in the world.
Prince William is to whisk his bride away to a secret hideaway in the Indian Ocean for a ten-day holiday later this month.
It was widely expected that the couple would be going on honeymoon this week after their wedding on Friday. But at the weekend it was announced that the Duke, a search and rescue pilot, would be returning to work tomorrow at RAF Valley on Anglesey.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382587/Royal-Wedding-Prince-William-whisk-Kate-Middleton-tropical-hideaway.html#ixzz1L8zwhVmw

Raisie
Countess

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 12:04:29 am »

Oh now that they didn't get the honeymoon now the rumours will be over and over about where should be.

Well we believed it was the babies but as William wanted to work on Monday the babies rumours need to wait   lols

"Only do what your heart tells you."
- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 12:18:15 am »

Ugh, the tropics. EWWWWWWWWW..................................

As if Britain doesn't have enough inns, small bed and breakfast places, cabins, to satisfy a royal couple! It would be ideal and an ideal way to get to know the people who they will reign over.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 11:00:23 pm »

So, is he going to the Falklands or not?  What a dumb article.

$4K a night?  Spoiled brats.  Plenty of lovely places in their own country, is right.  Wow, imagine being stuck with her for 10 days.  Gag.  Y'know, I just don't care anymore. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: