Royal Gossip
February 20, 2018, 07:23:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: all *Honeymoon* articles - Update: Finished!  (Read 35934 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2011, 05:14:41 pm »

Awww. I just don't want to see Australia tossed into chaos and stuff. But thankfully, you have everything pretty much in place and set to go.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2011, 10:22:54 pm »

EA  -  Agree. And it sounds worse than the lyme disease which can cause similar things, I believe.

I sincerely hope if K is in any early stages of pregnancy, she did not contract this virus. (chikungunya virus)  thumbsdown
benign
Duchess

« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2011, 11:10:14 pm »

I find it hard to believe that PW is willing to spend 45,000 pounds or more for a honeymoon knowing how tight fisted he is with money. But if the Midds are paying for it, its cool then  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:14:45 pm by benign » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2011, 01:37:28 am »

I find it hard to believe that PW is willing to spend 45,000 pounds or more for a honeymoon knowing how tight fisted he is with money.

Who knows how she gets all she gets out of him. I have no idea how and she still gets some more. It's like watching people on welfare enjoy new cars and we're stuck with cabbage.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2011, 09:39:16 am »

I suspect they've done a deal over the island in exchange for publicity. However, even though they may be on a freebie, the entourage of detectives and possibly special forces unit will be paid for via the taxpayer. I would like to see the balance sheet as to how the public/private aspects are broken down. The private jet may well be paid for by the Govt/taxpayer if they decide it's needed for security.

I'm sure someone will be sending in a FOI request pretty soon.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2011, 03:21:55 pm »

TB - Yeah, the accounting on this jaunt and many others like it must be convoluted, to say the least.  It's naive of the Islands as a vacation destination to reap many rewards by this visit when they insist on such privacy and any publication verified or unverified price points it out for those who have never heard of it.  Those who can afford it, already know about it, so that does nothing for the Seychelles.  If they had really wanted publicity to improve knowledge of vacation spots, it would have been wiser to choose a quiet retreat in a relatively unheard-of town in the UK.  The Seychelles disassociates them completely from helping, which is what their prime motive should be, their own people.

As for FOI, will they provide a breakdown of the wedding costs?  It's a difficult number to grab if they want to try and balance it out vs revenue.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2011, 03:55:04 pm »

Prince William and his wife's 3.2 million yacht honeymoon
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/05/18/prince-william-kates-32-million-honeymoon-yacht/

[
Queenbee
courtier

« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2011, 06:21:06 pm »

3.2 million some cheap honeymoon

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2011, 09:08:30 pm »

Well, a 3.2 million dollar yacht is low end, as far as luxury goes. More expensive than I could personally afford, but still not high end. ... And the silly article about the things Kate would have to give up, including eating crustaceans, appears to be a myth. They had them at their reception and if seafood poisoning was such a concern, sushi would be out of the question. ...

This "pirate" tour they supposedly went on, in the Seychelles, made me laugh.  easter-lol  A few years ago I took my children on a similar day trip, boat tour, in the Eastern Caribbean, with explorations and snokeling. It was fun but didn't cost nearly as much as theirs. Even with scuba diving, it wouldn't have been nearly as expensive. Seems like they could have done their exploring for much less money!  easter-think
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:13:42 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2011, 09:11:11 pm »

When does this horrific waste of money honeymoon end?  By my calendar, their 10 days are up now.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2011, 09:30:19 pm »

I wouldn't also be surprised if a Royal Navy destroyer or similar is not on stand by close to where they are. Somali pirates do operate in these waters so it's odds on a ship will have been deployed to keep an eye on things. Now how will they work this in the ship's running costs?

Prince Phillip was commenting over the loss of the Royal Yacht Britannia and he has a point it would probably be much more cost effective (not cheaper as none of it's cheap) to have sent them off on the yacht for ten days. Mind you why they couldn't have taken a cruise off the Western Isles or the Scillies and boost Britain I'll never know. Instead they prefer to promote the Seychelles.

Aside I once attended a reception on the Royal Yacht Britannia where it is now berthed at Leith in Edinburgh. It is utterly stunning and available for hire to companies, individuals - anyone who will pay.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2011, 09:58:16 pm »

http://gawker.com/5803197/all-about-will--kates-720000-honeymoon

Reminder to the brits: You paid for every single dime of this junket. Why you people continually put up with the outrageous public subsidization of one family so they can live a life of complete luxury is beyond me. You twats. You silly, silly twats.   

June
Duchess

« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2011, 05:35:40 am »

However, it isn't really a revolution, very little about the Australian govt is actually going to change and its impact on the people will not be significant.  I high doubt the Brits will take up arms to ensure the BRF remains the head of  Australia. oooh Thought its kind of you to be worried.  hug

Firstly, do you have any reasoning, submission or argument to back up your dissenting theory? Secondly, I wasn't 'worried', so no need to condescend.

Changing our constitution, held in place for centuries, IS going to 'impact' the Australian people immensely. No offence, but you really can't compete with the likes of The Hon Michael Kirby, AC CMG, as an expert in this matter. Neither can I, but at least I have some knowledge of the situation to submit, whilst you clearly do not.

If the Australian Constitution were not going to change significantly, then the debate wouldn't be so heated and controversial.

And, please, cease with the exaggeration: I never said that 'the Brits will take up arms to ensure the BRF remains the head of Australia.'  X-Mas_rolleyes All I stated was that it will make them sit up and take notice as to their own relationship with the monarchy. Are you British, btw? I'm asking because your post has no clarity of thought, no argument, nothing at all really, ergo I'm wondering what the point of it was, other than to dissent for the sake of it.  hall-whistle

Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2011, 06:14:11 am »

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/forums/f43/prince-william-kate-middleton-charter-%243-2-million-yacht-sightseeing-169287/#post1502947

Another expense in the honeymoon. 

The boat costs around $42,000 a week to hire and comes equipped with jet skis and scuba diving gear.

The royal honeymoon is no cheap affair. The villa that the newlyweds are reportedly staying in costs a whopping $6,500 per night.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2011, 09:02:16 am »

All I stated was that it will make them sit up and take notice as to their own relationship with the monarchy.

Yes, it will. If the monarchy results in the loss of territory to the British nation, it will end up with the Brits losing face internationally and look at the monarchy as a liability to their Commonwealth and not an asset.

Pity Kate nad William never bothered with the Commonwealth, combining a honeymoon and an official tour.

karla64
Baroness

« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2011, 01:53:11 am »

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/191777/Prince-William-is-making-waves-on-honeymoon/

[
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2011, 03:49:08 am »

He tried to persuade Kate, 29, to have a go but she has stuck to sunbathing and reading. Sources said she was put off by the day of training on land she would need to do before even being allowed out to sea.

Welcome to the real Kate William; someone who will never bother even trying anymore.

Prince Phillip was commenting over the loss of the Royal Yacht Britannia and he has a point it would probably be much more cost effective (not cheaper as none of it's cheap) to have sent them off on the yacht for ten days.

The royal Yacht would have required the same level of cost, if not more in addition for sailors to operate it and security to protect it. The yacht cost quite a bit and I don't see how it would have been less expensive and a lot less with security costs. Then the cost of taking a car and helicopter with them and then fuel, well, it's no wonder that the yacht was decommissioned. HM should pay for it, the reason it was taken out is because the taxpayers were paying for it. Until the RF pays for one, I do not think that the RF will have their own official yacht.

Mind you why they couldn't have taken a cruise off the Western Isles or the Scillies and boost Britain I'll never know. Instead they prefer to promote the Seychelles.

Well, because they won't do as they are told and they don't want to do any work or duties. William will give Kate all she wants and she will demand one jet set location after another and she won't let the Court run her life as long as she has William to run things for her and protect her interests. They prefer to do what they want, while someone else pays for the backlash. While someone else ends up taking flak from the press and if they don't get what they want, WK will just screech at how the courtiers are oppressing them all the time.

karla64
Baroness

« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2011, 01:53:26 pm »

Kate and William's Royal honeymoon: insider details revealed

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/250967-kate-and-williams-royal-honeymoon-insider-details-revealed/

[
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2011, 05:01:07 pm »

Shouldn't this 10-day honeymoon be over by now?

June
Duchess

« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2011, 05:15:18 pm »

My thoughts exactly, Yooper.  easter-James

My God, this woman is so LAZY!  Shocked She must be ill, I'm convinced of it, no one could be that lazy, surely?  Lips Sealed
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: