Royal Gossip
July 25, 2017, 11:48:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Post-Wedding Chat  (Read 27697 times)
Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2011, 05:31:16 pm »

Haven't seen the full wedding & just watched a 3-minute highlight reel.  Hopefully all it takes is watching the full version to find the part where he looks happy.

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2011, 02:53:05 pm »

theroyaleditor Robert Jobson
BBC uses FOIA exemption to block publication of the cost of its royal wedding coverage and the number of complaints it received

Lips Sealed

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2011, 06:11:48 pm »

screaming

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2011, 09:33:25 pm »

there

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2011, 11:07:38 am »

BBC refuses to reveal the cost of its lavish Royal Wedding coverage

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2000236/Royal-Wedding-TV-coverage-BBC-refuse-reveal-lavish-cost.html#ixzz1Og58tNrS

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2011, 12:16:53 pm »

I have ot admit, they really did downgrade things considerably compared to the wedding of Charles and Diana. Kate had a small tiara, a rolls, and while there was a full mass, it didn't have the same aw inspiring dignity that you might think that would be present. It was like God was absent from this. It was like back to business as usual.

Some comments about the BBC:

The BBC is nothing short of a publicly funded (stealth taxed) mouthpiece for Marxist propaganda. Stop this repulsive gravy train at once.
- Andrew Rutley, Burnley, Lancashire, 08/6/2011 12:08

And yet they still insist on calling themselves a public service. The worst thing about this is the BBC paying Fishburn Hedges money for propaganda services, yes watch for the regular we *despise* the DM but will show up each and every time they do a BBC article
- The-Salfordian, salford, 08/6/2011 11:42

The royal wedding was a huge publicity show for the British monarchy and nothing else. It is undemocratic, if BBC spends so much money only for the publicity of the royals. It's like in these undemocratic countries in Africa or Asia with some strange president or king, where state television brings only stories about this tyrant and nothing about the opposition. BBC has to spend the same amount of money for the publicity of the Republicans. The only thing that keeps the royals on their throne are the brainwashing PR-stories about them in press and television. Stop these brainwashing, let the people see, who the royals really are, and then let them make a decision if they want to keep them.
- Annie, Republic in Europe, 7/6/2011 16:34

The BBC is a public service - and therefor as a public service, we as the license payer should have every right to see what the BBC spend our money on. I'm a republican and found the BBC's coverage a bit in-your-face BBC does OK! magazine-esque. 1,000 members of staff for the sake of a wedding seems a bit excessive to me.
- Zach, Tyne & Wear, 7/6/2011 14:32

It's like the press wants to keep this coming as much as possible, but go figure, the public simply isn't buying it. There's a reason that US networks were uneasy about sending people in to cover the wedding and only limited it to a couple networks. It was a loss more than a gain and US networks don't have public funds to support their every whim or interest; they have to be sure that there will be a return on their investment.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2011, 04:13:53 am »

Annie is just right!  thumbsup

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2011, 04:38:37 am »

Quite right actually.

Put frankly it's only a matter of time until someone finds out.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2011, 03:41:28 pm »

I watched the Royal Wedding with my husband, he's pretty indifferent to the whole thing, but he does say what he thinks and both he and I came to the conclusion that Kate was doped up throughout the ceremony.  She could hardly keep her eyes open in places and spoke very quietly, I could hardly hear what she was saying.  Very surprised, I expected her to be more assured than this. dontknow

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

spanishlover
Baroness

want to find real love at last!

« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2011, 04:59:37 pm »

compared to the other royal weddings especially maxima and williem- alexander.....they didnt show any emotion or i love you....it felt like a "lets get it over with...isnt this a joke"
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2011, 08:01:59 pm »

I just now managed to bring myself to look at the videos of the wedding and the pathway for the procession looked so incredibly empty. It was just the British regiments and even then, not too many. The people were kept well away and there was such a huge gap between the royals and the people, it was so surprising. And then, the courtyard of the Palace was incredibly empty too, with only a small fraction of the crowd allowed inside. The very people who will be paying their lifestyle were kept so far away that it was unreal.

When you think of a royal wedding, you think of carriages, massive regiments and the people close to all of it. HM's Coronation procession had the people closer than this wedding. UNfair when you think of all that the public will be paying for, in regards to Kate, in the future.

Acornia
Countess

« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2011, 07:33:41 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u6-CpU-1EY

Does anybody know the hymn played from 2:10 to around 4:15? Is it the traditional wedding hymn?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #172 on: November 07, 2011, 12:49:53 pm »

If you look at HM closely, you can see that she is really, really trying not to cry. Her chest is heaving and she looks like her heart is breaking, you can see it in her eyes if you look closely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9xoUIP9g54&feature=related

Albany
Baroness

« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2011, 03:28:52 am »

The thing that struck me about this wedding compared to those of Diana and Fergie was the absence of joy.

The two earlier weddings seemed like real celebrations, whereas this one had a very somber feel to it. It was almost blanketed with sadness.

I was underwhelmed by the whole thing (and this was back when I still liked Kate Mid.)

To this day, when I watch the footage of Diana walking down the aisle to trumpet voluntary, I get chills, and I'm still filled with joy at the sight of Fergie egging on the crowd just before she and Andrew kissed on the balcony.

A royal wedding SHOULD be theatre. It should be a show and heightened on a certain level. This could have been the wedding of any run of the mill well-to-do couple.

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2011, 03:35:36 am »

I was amazed at how the people were kept so distance from the palace and the procession. I mean, they were yards away and the people weren't allowed inside the palace courtyard, they were kept outside the gates. It was so disconcerting, seeing the big empty courtyard and then the crowds, which were numerous, but at the same time, not able to go closer to the balcony.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2011, 04:14:31 am »

The thing that struck me about this wedding compared to those of Diana and Fergie was the absence of joy.

The two earlier weddings seemed like real celebrations, whereas this one had a very somber feel to it. It was almost blanketed with sadness.

I was underwhelmed by the whole thing (and this was back when I still liked Kate Mid.)

To this day, when I watch the footage of Diana walking down the aisle to trumpet voluntary, I get chills, and I'm still filled with joy at the sight of Fergie egging on the crowd just before she and Andrew kissed on the balcony.

A royal wedding SHOULD be theatre. It should be a show and heightened on a certain level. This could have been the wedding of any run of the mill well-to-do couple.

We said at the time that it was more like a Funeral. That was before we saw HM snub Kate and turn her nose up at Kate

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2011, 04:52:04 am »

Such a direct snub, plus the lack of smiles and goodwill from the guests, shows us all we need to know about the opinions of the courtiers about this. I have no idea on how Kate could keep it together without bursting into tears as she left the Abbey, with all that hostility directed toward her and complete rejection from HM. I mean really, how much can someoen take on their own wedding day?

Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2011, 09:23:33 am »

It does seem, using photgraphic and video evidence, that the Queen is contemptuous of Kate.  I sometimes think that we, on this forum, are to quick to think the worst but my gut instinct tells me that she really does not like Kate...when Kate did her curtsey before HM in the Abbey, the Queen only gave her a cursory glance (didn't even look Kate in the eyes) and she almost sneered at Kate - HM didn't look too happy with Pippa trailing behind her either.  The balcony scenario was a hoot, when the Queen disappeared back indoors like she was bored with the whole thing, while Kate was still drunk on the adulation of the plebs in the Mall.  What I would give to be privy to HMs thoughts on this gal  cookie3

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Acornia
Countess

« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2011, 01:43:08 pm »

I finally found the wedding hymn I was talking about!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_was_glad

I just watched the video again, it's so fun looking at the reactions of the RF as William walked down that side aisle! From the joyous smiles of Bea and Eugenie, to the more controlled Anne and Viscountess Linley, to the quite scary-looking Prince Michael. He hardly moved! Even Philip managed a semblance of a smile.

I still don't like Pippa's dress. I read a blog where the author said that her dress didn't match with any of the flower girls' dresses - it's like she has a different theme. And it's very risque, her ribs and cleavage are showing. Overall very tacky. Kate Moss' army of bridesmaids looked classier than her.

The fact that Kate approved of it showed how much the Middletons know about class and looking proper.
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2011, 12:42:56 am »

There was a comment in the DM about this KP fiasco and how much will it really cost.A poster said that she couldn't believe she actually went to see the Lazy one and even waved a flag at the wedding.The mood of all this is the public is wising up about what Lazy is ALL about I think. Carole making lovepotion for Wills Lips Sealed

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: