Royal Gossip
December 13, 2018, 11:25:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Post-Wedding Chat  (Read 35306 times)
Ella
Countess

« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2011, 11:20:40 pm »

thankyou Mousiekins! I was wondering about that.
I understand she needed to bow her head, but I thought the look she pasted on at those times looked too fake. It looked like: Grin, Grin, Make Innocent Solemn Face & Bow, Raise head up, Grin, Grin. That's just me being mean and nit-picky though.

For the hands thing, it made me think of that part in The Tudors where Catherine of Aragon leaves the trial. I've also seen it on occasion at debutante balls. Kinda like, the woman is so pure and has such good values she doesn't touch a man more than necessary.

It seemed too "put on" for Kate because I always associate it delicacy, demureness and a woman of strong values.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2011, 11:22:03 pm »

kates a fraud she was lapping up that attention like a wet poodle to a bowl of water
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2011, 11:23:29 pm »

she had enough make up on for 3 other brides

laugh I love your comments Nighthawk!  BFF2

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2011, 11:28:38 pm »

flower  BFF2

PW has lost all respect from me so no more holding back punches on him nor his lazy wife OMG it just hit me, the Palace did find someone worse than camillza and being work shy and here I had hoped that the royals would redeem themselves after that backstabber
The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2011, 01:00:41 am »

Sorry if this was already answered, but wasn't she supposed to leave her bouquet at the memorial plaque?

It was such a lousy and austere wedding.  I felt like I was watching a funeral.  They spent so much money on something so unimpressive.  And add to it, it was not even worth all the hype over her dress.  I bet Alexander McQueen is rolling over in his grave that Sarah created something so cheap and common. 
Grace
Countess

« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2011, 01:03:27 am »

Yes that veil had a polyester look, I was disappointed to see that, because I love wedding veils. I think it was done to avoid wrinkles, but why it had to look sooooooo stretchy is beyond me? I didn't care for the veil, it just looked cheap.
Agree,I disliked the veil.
Grace
Countess

« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2011, 01:13:55 am »

I noticed it too.

I have to say, the whole thing has left me extremely disappointed. There was no regalness, no genuine pomp, no historical importance to the day. Everything was small and bland. But what I'm most disappointed in is that, as a royal watcher, this was a once in a life time event, something I've been looking forward to since I was 15 and I feel like I've been ripped off. I had always imagined planning a little party to watch the wedding;dressing up and having fun. Instead, I went to bed knowing that, as I slept, something terrible was happening and I would wake up in a world where the monarchy is one step closer to ending.

I agree, the wedding was bland. There was no magic, except for when the Queen arrived and when the Queen and Pr. Phillip road back to the Palace in that Glass windowed Coach, it looked magical, regal.

Kate lacks real charisma. Her sister had more of a spring in her step than Kate. When William and Kate were sitting together during the Ceremony they seemed more like an old tired married couple than Newlyweds.

Agree,and I disliked the music too,I prefered the music played in Diana´s wedding.
I missed flowers in the church and emotion in the couple.
Raisie
Countess

« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2011, 01:36:12 am »

He had asked his best friends Thomas Van Straubenzee and Guy Pelly to be a sounding board ahead of the speech and is understood to have dropped a reference to ‘Kate’s killer legs’ from the final edit.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382098/Royal-wedding-Harry-pays-tribute-William-dude--ditches-comments-Kates-killer-legs-speech-left-touched.html#ixzz1L3Z3Jg1B
laugh Harry is the best royal ever.

"Only do what your heart tells you."
- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
Ella
Countess

« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2011, 01:58:54 am »

So according to the DM, which is probably being very generous to everything related to this affair, only 24.5 million terrestrial TV viewers watched in the UK. The wedding was only the 8th most viewed TV moment, and was beaten by: Hilda Ogden’s Coronation Street exit, Princess Anne's Wedding, and the World Cup 1966 final among others.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2011, 02:20:57 am »

William's status as the Golden Boy will start to falter when Kate starts competing with him for press and PR and also when she starts making gaffes.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2011, 02:24:37 am »

Sorry if this was already answered, but wasn't she supposed to leave her bouquet at the memorial plaque?  

This is done the day after the wedding because the bride needs it for the official pictures.  Also the bride does not place them on the tomb personally; it's done by staff. 
Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2011, 02:30:38 am »

she had enough make up on for 3 other brides

lols laugh More like 3 battalions - so thick that Kate's face look like pancake (per June)!  

I'm glad in a way that I didn't watch the wedding - judging from everyones posts, not only the wedding resembled a circus clown but the trashiness from this social climbing family was just appalling.  And yes, Kate did try to appear demure, shy virgin.   X-Mas_rolleyes

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2011, 03:07:15 am »

And yes, Kate did try to appear demure, shy virgin.

Except for the neckline part.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2011, 03:12:06 am »

I know..... sigh

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2011, 03:23:23 am »

I suppose that she had such an unoriginal dress since her family had ot pay for it.

Liza
courtier

« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2011, 04:17:13 am »

The one word that sums up the wedding is phony - Phony bride, copy cat dress, earrings, the medieval veil from Diana's dress. I have also never seen KM's face look so awful.
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2011, 04:24:49 am »

^I agree also someone said she looked way over tanned and like she was a model from a bridal catalog modeling a wedding gown.Which she did look like that not regal at all. wopedo

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2011, 06:11:09 am »

Thnxs ladies  Hi the man was like  a ray of light with his comments compared to the other ridiculous commentators  out of control with their fake 2 cents phoniness concerning that fiasco the other day, really.  wopedo
Magnolia:  Was this from a British radio or American?  Just curious.  Thanks.
His name was Jeff he said he was born and raised in Canada but now works and lives in the USA and became an American citizen.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2011, 06:15:40 am »

thankyou  Magnolia - that's certainly a great news!

June
Duchess

« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2011, 01:34:29 pm »

I think by the time the balcony presentation and booze-fest began, William was a excited to share this big event with everyone - a bit of an ego-driven thing too. It wasn't about Kate, IMO. He was the same way right before he came to Oz in Jan 2010 - really happy.

Has anyone ever been on stage or the like? It's a real high and I think that William was on a high on that balcony the other day, he just seemed to be in the clouds, but that doesn't indicate real love. He doesn't give her those "loving looks".

Performers will tell you that it's the greatest high being in front of an audience who is roaring for you. It becomes addictive and that is why many artists struggle when their careers go downward.

I think he confused happiness about life's events with happiness with Kate, and when things are not as exciting, he gets a reality check with her. I also think that during the lows, he uses her like a crutch. Just my humble opinion, based on observation. He's very moody.

flower  BFF2

PW has lost all respect from me so no more holding back punches on him nor his lazy wife OMG it just hit me, the Palace did find someone worse than camillza and being work shy and here I had hoped that the royals would redeem themselves after that backstabber

I agree with you entirely, actually.  thumbsup

Re her makeup - yes, 3 brides could have worn that mask, and they tout it like it was "natural" and that Kate wanted to look like "her".  X-Mas_rolleyes OMG, do these people need their sight checked?  Shocked Kate didn't have that glow of a bride, because her face was covered with too much thick makeup. Princess Mary's face was near-perfect, IMO. She looked stunning, elegant, regal and classically beautiful on her wedding day - best royal bride, apart from Diana and of course, Grace, IMO.

And, Mary's veil and tiara sat perfectly at the BACK of her head. She also wore cream, not white, which was fitting. Waity still considered herself a virgin.  X-Mas_rolleyes

No, I don't like Mary, but did think she looked beautiful and perfectly understated on her wedding day.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:40:19 pm by June » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: