Royal Gossip
November 19, 2017, 05:39:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's Wedding Dress + Tiara + Make-up Articles Part II  (Read 79329 times)
rainbow
courtier

« Reply #400 on: September 23, 2014, 11:36:00 am »

The minute she stepped out of the car, I felt completely underwhelmed and was shocked by the pointy madonnas boobies and the trowled on makeup. My favourite dresses, princess Anne's, letizia and mette marit. To me, the classic medieval style is regal and understated. KM simply was not and her bouquet was not in proportion for the dress or occasion.

Oh yes and I read somewhere that the dress cost £250,000.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #401 on: September 23, 2014, 06:26:40 pm »

^ She was way overcharged.  Horrid dress.

Live The Life You Were Meant To Live And Live Honestly.
Creepy
gossip insider

« Reply #402 on: May 25, 2015, 03:45:48 am »

Overall it was an ok dress, I desliked the pointy boobs, because they looked tacky. The V neck made her look too stiff. but she had to choose a designer from the UK. Not that she didn´t have any options in Australia... she definitedly did.

Methinks me will see how she can get her hands on a Rosa Clará/Aire Barcelona or Elie Saab/Pronovias wedding dress... in the next 3 years.

Rosa Clará´s 2014 Soft looks really elegant to me and it´s not strapless or anything.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:48:34 am by Creepy » Logged
Joanna
courtier

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #403 on: June 07, 2015, 12:49:13 pm »

^^ Totally agree with you Ana Bolena.
What? Really, paying 250.000 pounds for that dress? Shocked I too recall arriving home from university (I think I even skipped a boring lecture) to watch the wedding and remember feeling even a bit sad when she got out of the car, like "Really? This is the best you can come up with knowing you will be the future king's wife?" Then I spat my cup of coffee when I got to see exactly what her  make up and hairdo were.  ick thumbsdown
Eloise
royal watcher

« Reply #404 on: June 07, 2015, 01:37:56 pm »

https://styleandthensome.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/the-royal-collection-c2a9-2011-her-majesty-queen-elizabeth-ii.jpg

I would say that i really like the embroidery after seeing it more clearly in this picture, but the dress is WAY to revealing, so low cut!!  bignono .Definitely not suitable for a future Queen consort, whose wedding took place in the sacred Westminster Abbey, in the presence of so many monarchs and diplomats (and celebreties  bored3 , whatever) and has been watched by hundreds of millions of peoples!They could of at least add more embroidery in the upper part!
...And it was a rip off. 250.000£ or 400.000$ for a dress!?She just went for the most expensive designer.She bought a label.
archduchess
courtier

« Reply #405 on: June 07, 2015, 01:47:38 pm »

I agree with Creepy - the pointy boobs looked tacky. Not appropriate for a royal wedding dress.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #406 on: June 07, 2015, 04:31:52 pm »

They reminded me of one of Madonna's outfits
starsailor
Countess

« Reply #407 on: June 07, 2015, 06:26:49 pm »

^
Yes, as if Gaultier actually designed the dress  laugh

Welcome back, Snowdrop/Marion  flower
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #408 on: June 07, 2015, 06:34:27 pm »

Looks to me as though she widened the neckline and had it a bit lower on the day.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2012/07/13/kate_middleton_s_wedding_gown_and_wikipedia_s_gender_gap_.html

I thought it looked tarty, tacky and down market, but then that suits her to a tee, that is what she is and that is how she has remained to this day.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #409 on: June 07, 2015, 07:10:23 pm »

So well said. since that fateful day she's shown the world what kind of trash she is. What other future queen consult has flashed the world numerous times as well as displayed her naked body. Look at her cold and smug expression in that picture. I'm not sorry that her married life's turned out to be the mess that it is. We've seen a few kinks in the fake happy image that her and Wills want people to believe.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 07:13:01 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
marion
Duchess

« Reply #410 on: June 09, 2015, 02:14:47 pm »

^^^Thank you Starsailor  thankyou

@GB - You have to give waity 10/10 for effort then - she sure picked a dres to suit her personality BFF2
Emmie
royal watcher

« Reply #411 on: June 09, 2015, 02:39:18 pm »

So well said. since that fateful day she's shown the world what kind of trash she is. What other future queen consult has flashed the world numerous times as well as displayed her naked body. Look at her cold and smug expression in that picture. I'm not sorry that her married life's turned out to be the mess that it is. We've seen a few kinks in the fake happy image that her and Wills want people to believe.

Ugh, I'm totally with you!  Absolutely not sorry for her in any capacity!  thumbsdown

"Me, We!"
i used to be a monarchist
courtier

« Reply #412 on: June 09, 2015, 03:09:16 pm »

Diana's dress is pure royalty; she knew what a princess bride was to look like and she looked it. Grace looked too Hollywoodish and I am biased. No matter how silly it might look to modern eyes, she nailed it and the Eighties were a good time for fashion if you weren't interested in flashing your arse to the world.

Now, as for Burton, she comes off as a pretentious arse; it's not difficult to make the dress, mainly since I see replicas of it all over the place. It was generic to a fault and very much so looked off the rack. I mean, Burton is frankly eviscerating the McQueen brand and making it into a generic disgrace.

KF - i just noticed the post and i absolutely agree with you about Diana's dress - she looked a fairy tale princess in it.  this photo still takes my breath away. 

http://itcolossal.com/british-royal-wedding/

ms. middleton was lacking the class/aristocratic background to pull off a dress, and an attitude, to suit that magnificent cathedral.  and she came across as being one very unsentimental, tough cookie.  it's as if she wasn't moved by the service and it made me extremely uncomfortable.  that's probably the most cumulative camera time we've had of KM so perhaps we saw her true essence. the facade kept dropping and that girl was smug and flip.  at her OWN WEDDING.  and a wedding to possibly a future king, with millions of people viewing.  she's got NO substance and she's NOT royal material.
rainbow
courtier

« Reply #413 on: June 09, 2015, 05:24:47 pm »

^
Yes when she got out of the car and Looked back you could almost see her thinking - "this is going to be the shot". Very calculated also she smirked at the richer or poorer part!
india
Princess

« Reply #414 on: June 11, 2015, 10:53:42 pm »

She is one low rent female just like her mother. Straight from the gutter. Mean as a snake behind closed doors. I feel sorry for those 2 procured fraudlings. Phew!!!!
archduchess
courtier

« Reply #415 on: June 26, 2015, 09:35:18 am »

she looked so smug and her eyes were so cold and calculating.
like she was thinking "bow down peasants..bow down"
still can't get over the fact that the queen let william marry her
marion
Duchess

« Reply #416 on: June 26, 2015, 12:10:27 pm »

still can't get over the fact that the queen let william marry her

You and millions of others too
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #417 on: July 27, 2015, 10:12:56 am »

One of the worst things they ever did allowing him to marry her, she really has brought them down, and it started at the wedding with the vile Madonna cone boob frock she wore, been a downward slide ever since.  They are gutter level now, just how far are they prepared to allow this to go.  Are they not aware they are a laughing stock world wide.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #418 on: July 27, 2015, 11:51:22 am »

^ Yes, I think they have regreted it and that's why RF ignore her, but I still don't understand why they let Willy do everything he wants.  eating cookies

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #419 on: July 27, 2015, 01:07:29 pm »

Diana's dress is pure royalty; she knew what a princess bride was to look like and she looked it. Grace looked too Hollywoodish and I am biased. No matter how silly it might look to modern eyes, she nailed it and the Eighties were a good time for fashion if you weren't interested in flashing your arse to the world.

Now, as for Burton, she comes off as a pretentious arse; it's not difficult to make the dress, mainly since I see replicas of it all over the place. It was generic to a fault and very much so looked off the rack. I mean, Burton is frankly eviscerating the McQueen brand and making it into a generic disgrace.

KF - i just noticed the post and i absolutely agree with you about Diana's dress - she looked a fairy tale princess in it.  this photo still takes my breath away. 

http://itcolossal.com/british-royal-wedding/

ms. middleton was lacking the class/aristocratic background to pull off a dress, and an attitude, to suit that magnificent cathedral.

Kate lacked an upbringing, THAT is what determines a person's future and destiny.

and she came across as being one very unsentimental, tough cookie.  it's as if she wasn't moved by the service and it made me extremely uncomfortable.  that's probably the most cumulative camera time we've had of KM so perhaps we saw her true essence. the facade kept dropping and that girl was smug and flip.  at her OWN WEDDING.  and a wedding to possibly a future king, with millions of people viewing.  she's got NO substance and she's NOT royal material.

Anyone who holds on for as long as she did is certain to be tough; throw in keeping the women off and it's sure that she has stamina. As for the ceremony, right before she walked down the aisle she briefly had a look of such determination that it frightened me.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: