Royal Gossip
December 16, 2017, 10:32:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's Wedding Dress + Tiara + Make-up Articles Part II  (Read 80729 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: April 27, 2011, 09:32:47 pm »

By royal disappointment? Yes, their gowns were glorious on the big day... but being a royal wedding dress designer can prove to be more of a curse than a blessing
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1380944/Royal-Wedding-dress-designers-cursed-blessed.html#ixzz1KfBgaARh

OK Ladies, the speculations are over. Hi The wedding was today.

Please post all articles about Kate's dress, hair, make-up and tiara here!

you can find Part I (pre-wedding) speculations here:
dress: http://royalgossip.forumprofi.de/index.php/topic,155.msg2009.html#msg2009
tiara: http://royalgossip.forumprofi.de/index.php/topic,576.msg10777.html#msg10777
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:49:38 am by The Chocolate Princess » Logged
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 04:15:15 pm »

DM: I'm not designing Kate Middleton's dress': Bruce Oldfield takes himself out of the running

Bruce Oldfield is not designing Kate Middleton’s wedding dress, he revealed this morning.

In a chat this morning with vogue.co.uk, the 61-year-old couturier revealed that despite intense speculation to the contrary, he most certainly did not get the Royal commission.

'It has been such a subject of rumour and speculation over the past months, but I am not designing it,' Oldfield admitted.

Take a bow Waitie Katie

The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 01:08:49 pm »

I like her dress and I think it is so totally Kate. I predicted slim waist and deep(but graceful) neckline. Cool
And smiling Catherine was the picture of poise as she walked down the aisle wearing a stunning ivory and satin Alexander McQueen gown designed by Sarah Burton - finally confirming the most well-kept secret in fashion history.

The bride was heavily involved in making the dress and worked closely with Burton to ensure it would be a combination of both the traditional and the modern.

The result is a stunning lace appliqué bodice with 9ft train - that appeared to be inspired by Grace Kelly's gown for her marriage to Monegasque Prince Rainier III.

The natural look was offset by pear-shaped diamond earrings designed by Robinson Pelham and inspired by the Middleton's new coat of arms.

Her veil - made of layers of soft, ivory silk tulle with a trim of hand-embroidered flowers - fell to her waist.

Click here to see the dress: flower http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1381851/Royal-Wedding-2011-Kate-Middleton-marries-Prince-William-dress-designed-McQueen-s-Sarah-Burton.html#ixzz1KufkgdmX

Guess the DM was right about the Alexander McQueen gown designed by Sarah Burton (this time!) -in THIS article sigh 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:49:20 am by The Chocolate Princess » Logged

Liza
courtier

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 01:54:45 pm »

Kate's look seemed to be total copy cat.   Her dress was a copy of Princess Grace's dress and her tear drop diamond ear rings were a copy of Diana's wedding earrings.  Her face and profile did not look attractive to put it mildly.  Pippa's dress was ugly.  I *despise* cowl necks, especially for formal wear.
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 02:42:17 pm »

I liked kate's dress... pippa dress was good to.. but i don't think it was the perfect one for the maid of honnor..

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
June
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 02:57:55 pm »

Kate's dress was ok, quite pretty, but she copied Grace Kelly, as noted. She has nowhere near the beauty of Grace, so that was a haughty mistake on her behalf.  bignono

She didn't fill out the bust properly, so her bust looked like it was hanging. It may have been the weight loss.

Someone commented that Pippa's dress was too tight for a bridesmaid and I concur.  thumbsdown

There was too much white, no colour, all very bland. It's the dullest wedding I've seen from that perspective.

I think the idea was for everyone to look bland so that Kate stood out. If the bridesmaids and flower girls were in colour, Kate would have been washed out.  wopedo

The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 03:48:41 pm »

I would suggest this tiara for Kate:
The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara
 http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb473/Royal_Gossip/Royal_Jewelry_and_Tiaras/QueenMoms-tiara.jpg
It was one of a handful of tiaras that the Queen Mother wore after she was married but before she ascended the throne in 1937.  As far as I know only  Queen Elizabeth’s younger sister, Princess Margaret used to wear her mother’s elegant headpiece in a state banquet at Buckingham Palace in 1954. Nearly 20 years later, Princess Anne wore it for her visit to Australia and New Zealand in 1970. That's it. There is no connection with either Diana or Camilla. sigh

I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!   (Photo: © Getty Images)

Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 03:50:51 pm »

it's a lovely tiara

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 03:52:17 pm »

She copied Grace Kelly's dress... simple as that, but only her neckline was lower (of course).

Her bouquet was boring, just as she is... the trees looked nice, although a bit out of place imo. I didn't watch it, but the pictures are predictable. Pretty but boring. Honestly though, it looks like someone photo shopped Kates face onto a brides picture in a lot of the photos, it's hard to believe that he actually went and married that social climber.

And I'm dissapointed that she became "Duchess of Cambridge". thumbsdown

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 05:32:20 pm »

I thought the tiara was appropriate. Small and not very important. The earrings were awful, and didn't suit hte rest of the outfit.

The dress was so dissappointed. I really believed that it would be something new and exciting, and she came out looking as Grace Kelly! But more tartly. Pippa's dress was even worse.

double post fixed after the merging ~TCP
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:39:35 am by The Chocolate Princess » Logged

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 05:39:56 pm »

Here is the jewellery she wore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1381941/Royal-Wedding-fashion-Catherine-Kate-Middleton-wears-Cartier-tiara-lent-Queen.html

Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 06:03:06 pm »

The dress did NOT live up to the hype at all. As if we haven't seen dresses just like this before. Plus, it was a cross between Princess Margaret and Princess Grace. The names Grace and Kate shouldn't even be in the same sentence. She has NO style, and apparently had to copy off of someone else. I'm not impressed. Oh, and don't get me started on the eyeliner.
Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 06:06:32 pm »

OK here I go !! Love your comments. OVERALL, K's total bridal look seemed downplayed. Classy look but way downplayed. I wonder why ?

TCP  -  I also liked her dress !! Classy, demure, but I expected more SHOWY.  

(THE DRESS) ...(But IMO it was demure, yet NOT what I expected at all. I thought it would be more poofy at the bottom, more stunning, longer dramatic train, a more bouffanted (sp ?) veil, YET she looked very nice (except for that fake tan, or blush on her face), I DID read also that she copied Princess Grace's BUT so did Ivanka Trump (exactly ! But with short sleeves).  thumbsup

(THE HAIR)... K's hair was disappointing. I thought it was demure and decent though. BUT I was thinking she'd wear it way more FULL and stunning.  thumbsdown

(THE BOUQUET) ...  Quite small. NOT showy enough. Boring bouquet IMO.  thumbsdown

(THE MAKEUP)  ... IMO too orange or blushy. Maybe it is just the pics I saw, but a tad too much makeup. But then again, Kug looked very nice BUT not as SHOWY as I thought she would look, or as most brides look, and Di of course was much more stunning ALL around.

(THE MUSIC)  -   I'm disappointed in NO "Wedding March". I LOVE that !! I had it.   Tongue    (I'm not sure if it was played on the EXIT ?)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 06:09:01 pm »

No, in the exit they played music created for Charles&Diana wedding.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sam
royal watcher

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 06:24:56 pm »

Things weren't going so well in here so I DIDN'T watch the wedding and I don't think anyone in Egypt or here in Syria has watched it but few minutes ago I was watching the BBC and I saw glimpes of the wedding . The dress was quite nice but she on the other hand didn't look that good .my sister thought that she is in her late thirties since she has many wrinkles . by the way I missed you guys please pray for my country  pray for my people
milagro
courtier

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 06:38:20 pm »

I didn't watch but a couple pictures I saw I like the dress. A very close copy of Grace's dress indeed. No originality but at least good following easter-egg-basket
The hair seems just nothing.
June
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 08:24:40 pm »

^ The hair was disappointing for me too, because Kate does have nice hair usually.

I think she's dyed it and it has lost its natural gloss. It looked very lank and greasy.
milagro
courtier

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 08:39:34 pm »

Yes June, it looked greasy and stiff, most likely from overdoing with styling products. It's like all glued and lacquered. No body or natural shine. I don't understand why she opted for it. If she sought a tidy safe look she must have just bun it - after all, she copied Grace's dress and veil, why not hair?
She looked rather pretty - pretty generic IMO easter-egg-basket 
caribbean_lady
gossip insider

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 10:14:46 pm »

I loved the dress, but I think it needed a longer train  Kate-Horror-Queen
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 10:27:04 pm »

I loved the dress, too, the first time I saw it on Princess Grace.  I also see a striking resemblane to Jackie Kennedy's wedding veil.  Get an idea of your own someday will ya, Wasty?

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: