Royal Gossip
May 27, 2017, 07:09:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding Evening Reception at Buckingham Palace  (Read 17076 times)
June
Duchess

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2011, 10:18:36 am »

That's an interesting tale about your brother.  TCP baking cookies

My ex was in no way a womaniser, but he was very duplicitous, just like William. He used to tell me certain things, make promises, but tell his family an entirely different story. In the end they won out, but it was very complicated and unpleasant. It was a lucky escape for me.

But William has married this woman!  Shocked
Ella
Countess

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2011, 10:37:37 am »

^That's how he is. Our dad has him kinda figured out, but our mom still 100% believes him. It always makes me  X-Mas_rolleyes when we're all playing Xbox Live and we can hear him take a call all "I love you and I can't wait to see you!" then hang up, go "Ugh, she won't stop calling", make fun of her, and keep playing.

He's very much a Momma's Boy and he's always kind and respectful to both her and myself, but I wouldn't let anyone I care for date him, let's put it that way.

As for William, I suspect it's arrogance that she'll never figure it out and/or Kate's one of those girls for whom a few scraps of affection excuse publicly crappy treatment.
June
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 10:46:45 am »

^ You're right, I suppose. That says a lot about her.  X-Mas_rolleyes

I think I'm going to gag: ick

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/royal-wedding/just-wed-kate-middleton-and-prince-williams-licence-to-thrill/story-fn885hn2-1226047358389

Now I know that William IS deluded. Kate has never worked a day in her pitiful, lazy life and William considers that "normal". X-Mas_rolleyes  Oh please, words fail me.  sigh

Yes, William, because ALL families are multimillionaires, who can afford to send their kids to the best schools in the land, to support their kids till they're nearly 30, to go on lavish holidays every year, and live in grand homes and to put their kids in the path of royalty.  X-Mas_rolleyes

Wow, Diana's lessons were really lost on him - clearly.

Another article stated that William said Kate was a 'wonderful girl' with whom he was 'in love'. Oh, so William never felt the need to declare anything resembling this at the engagement interview. Why the cloak and dagger stuff William?  shifty Oh, that's right, it has to be scripted first! Got it! Lips Sealed  TCP baking cookies

Kate may be 'wonderful', but she's also very lazy and self-absorbed with no notion of a work ethic. Not a good choice for the role she has to fulfill, Dumbo - at the taxpayers' expense.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 10:54:02 am by June » Logged
Ella
Countess

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2011, 11:01:49 am »

June, I'll hope for you they don't got to Australia for the honeymoon, if that's any consolation. I love how that article says that his relaxed posture at the altar means it'll last. He's standing like the royals do at memorial sites!

Strangely, the "rock" still doesn't seem to be love to me, but maybe that is just me. If someone would ask me who my "rock" is, I'd say my (other, not discussed in this thread) brother. We're close and I can confide in him easily and he's like, a kind of grown up security blanket when I get confused or don't know what to do. But obv. he's my brother, not my husband. Diana called her butler her "rock".

The soulmate bit, well, to me that's cheesy and contrived. I read a quote once, about soulmates saying they're people who make you learn and grow and want to be better. I don't see that here, but who knows, maybe I'm just an overly negative person?  dontknow
June
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2011, 11:09:40 am »

No, you're seeing this farce for what it is, Ella. I agree on everything. Come to think of it: I call my mother my "rock".  hall-whistle

He's very contrived indeed, because IMO it's not real emotion.

Kate aids and abets William into sticking it to the establishment, to shirk his duties, she doesn't challenge him at all, IMO.

I think Kate thinks she in love with him, she's convinced herself of that, but IMO it's based on false premise. If he were nobody, she would have ditched him long ago. That isn't love.
June
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2011, 03:30:28 pm »

The party sounds very, very tacky, boozy, most unbecoming and immature:  ick

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1382418/A-right-royal-knees-Rumours-high-jinx-emerge-wild-post-wedding-party.html

Kate is William's good-time girl, IMO. And, I can't believe that MM joked about that infamous Chinook incident.  bignono

It seems that William struggles to show emotion to Kate, even as his bride ... read on.  shifty

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 10:13:39 pm »

Do NOT say that! Chelsy censors racy Harry best man speech

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1382240/Royal-wedding-Chelsy-Davy-censors-Prince-Harrys-best-man-speech.html#ixzz1L8ap1ZPY

Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2011, 12:09:08 am »

June       -  ^   OMG I have never in my life read about a more boozy, undignified, low-class weeding reception ! I am really shocked that it was not a dignified reception with respect to the BRIDE (even though it is KUG) and other female guests there ! (But then again, consider the females there though..a BRIDE that matches the drunk men drink-for-drink and who has stumbled out of bars at 3am for the past decade too. Plus, 2 chunky boozing princesses Bea and Eugenie, and Chelsey, Pippa, Carole too, all OK with this boozy "raucous" of a reception ?!)

AND has anyone ever seen the GROOM behave like a 15 year old stooge during his first dance huhhuh??

"A bashful Wills took Kate's hand to lead her on the dancefloor, but according to the Sunday Mirror, shyly
ended the dance after just 30 seconds, calling to Goulding to switch to a faster number.
According to the Sunday Mirror though, while William seemed embarrassed to slow-dance to Goulding's
romantic Your Song"    WTF ? Wasn't the bride embarassed about this at all ?
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 12:11:27 am »

WTF ? Wasn't the bride embarassed about this at all

I'm sure Kate was likely furious since she fancies herself a lady now that she's gotten the ring. Of course, as Lanvin stated:

(But then again, consider the females there though..a BRIDE that matches the drunk men drink-for-drink and who has stumbled out of bars at 3am for the past decade too.

William isn't suddenly going to view her differently I'm sure.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2011, 12:22:02 am »

It's a pitty we don't have pictures of the evening reception or even at the reception insight the palace.  Why the secrecy? sly There were 300 guests at the event and all the media has was the obvious tidbits of Harry talking about their Mummy

we have wedding speeches from other royal marriages!    camera
here's my fave: speech of Daniel Wessling in English  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEETlbTnLQ

here's even Daniel Wessling's father http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoFy-c8IigA

I wanna see the speech of Harry and Michael.

--------
Mossiman menu

Terrine of dressed crab and tiger prawns

Aberdeen Angus beef fillet  + Welsh lamb 
Spring vegetables grilled and blanched (and not cooked in butter or cream)

Trio of chocolate puddings
Seasonal fruits
Ice cream with a brandy snap

OMG! That menu is a joke! lols This can't be it!!  blink Seriously. I expected far more from a Buckingham Palace! 3 mediocre courses is all they came up with?? They even served PUDDING!?! WTF! No restaurant here would even DARE to offer pudding. That is so un-sophisticated and un-royal. I expect crème brûlée (Which is what I am used to) or mousse au chocolat.  Where's the soup?  they should have at least two starters. and minimum one intermediate course!

But then, the British were never famous for their food! At least they aren't serving fish'n chips. tehe

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:28:44 am by The Chocolate Princess » Logged

Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 12:23:28 am »

KF   -  Thankyou.   Kiss   OMG that first slow waltz is supposed to be so important ! What is wrong with William ? He must have been drunk already. The first dance is supposed to be elegant, dignified and romantic.  

Plus, PW was right at home pointing fingers and flailing his arms around (most likely looking like an out-of-control circus freak with that goony toothy grin of his. It makes me cringe)....

" Grease number 'brought the house down. They stood holding hands in the middle of the dance floor grinning, then suddenly the opening bars
of the song came booming out,' the guest said. The reaction was brilliant. Everyone started clapping to the music
he had no such qualms about busting a groove with his new bride in a what was described as a 'hilarious version' of John Travolta and Olivia Newton John's You're The One That I Want.  'Wills and Kate began dancing around, pointing at each other and mouthing the words. It was hilarious.
When the song finished, they ended up in each others arms with massive smiles on their faces.
 Everyone was cheering wildly, whooping, and they did a bow to each other.
The News Of The World reported that the pair were even hoisted onto friends' shoulders."

OMG thank God there is NO video of this. All Wils would need in another feather boa !

TCP  -    Hi   I agree when I saw this menu, I wondered WHO selected it, K or PC ? Tacky. But Welsh Lamb sounds delish.

And tables of popcorn, and sweets. Knocking back shots and Crack Babies. Harry diving into the crowd.  It really does sound like a teenage drinking party, not a Royal Wedding Reception !

Please, HM, do NOT allow KM or PW to plan any parties for dignitaries EVER !

dp ~fixed TCP
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:40:42 am by The Chocolate Princess » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2011, 12:36:45 am »

I hope HM does not psuh a dignitary to be entertained by the pair; imagine going ot Britain and being dragged to every single nightclub so WK aren't bored. This sounds horrific to me and like from some comedy, an ending to a romantic comedy.

I'm sure Kate was yearning for something romantic and dignified, but since she has behaved the way she has, she didn't get it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2011, 12:51:12 am »

TCP  -    Hi   I agree when I saw this menu, I wondered WHO selected it, K or PC ? Tacky. But Welsh Lamb sounds delish.

Yeah, lamb is delishes, but it sound like something your mom would cook. X-Mas_rolleyes  And my mom makes crème brûlée and mousse au chocolat!! She thinks pudding is for poor people. (I thinks it is OK at a working day dontknow but we never even eat it then. On formal events like Christmas have even 8 courses Kiss)

-
ok I googled it and apparently 'Anton Mosimann' is a Swiss cook
Here is an article and video in Swiss-German about the cook talking about the evening dinner and the couple. flower He is from Switzerland and I have to say I am soooooooooooo disappointed. I have eaten one of the best deserts in Switzerland. High profile restaurants even have their Patisserie where they soley create desert. I understand that he didn't come up with espuma but why not millefeuille?? Somehow I cannot believe that this mediocre 3 course supper was the real royal wedding dinner. But I read on other sites exactly the same ingredients as mentioned above.

William and Kate were there at his Dining Club a former church in Belgravia. They told him what they liked and disliked and the cook made them the menue. There were 25 cooks flown in to work on the dinner.

That's the cook's impression of Kate.
She knows what she wants, is intelligent, charming and interested in every detail. He thinks they are great and such a fitting couple hall-Spell-check He knows William because he went often there even with Diana.

http://bazonline.ch/panorama/die-koenigliche-hochzeit/Wedding--la-Mosimann/story/25052701?dossier_id=783 camera

Edit:
I found a video in English!!
listen to Chef Mosimann talk about preparing for royal wedding meals.
http://superchefblog.com/2011/04/29/anton-mosimann-royal-wedding-chef/ camera -Jep, so 3 courses indeed. looky
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:40:31 am by The Chocolate Princess » Logged

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 12:54:33 am »

June       -  ^   OMG I have never in my life read about a more boozy, undignified, low-class weeding reception ! I am really shocked that it was not a dignified reception with respect to the BRIDE (even though it is KUG) and other female guests there ! (But then again, consider the females there though..a BRIDE that matches the drunk men drink-for-drink and who has stumbled out of bars at 3am for the past decade too. Plus, 2 chunky boozing princesses Bea and Eugenie, and Chelsey, Pippa, Carole too, all OK with this boozy "raucous" of a reception ?!)

AND has anyone ever seen the GROOM behave like a 15 year old stooge during his first dance huhhuh??

"A bashful Wills took Kate's hand to lead her on the dancefloor, but according to the Sunday Mirror, shyly
ended the dance after just 30 seconds, calling to Goulding to switch to a faster number.
According to the Sunday Mirror though, while William seemed embarrassed to slow-dance to Goulding's
romantic Your Song"    WTF ? Wasn't the bride embarassed about this at all ?

Who cares about the Bride!, you invite a young lady (Ellie Goulding is 24) to sing for you and then you shout at her to stop singing a song, I a sorry but that is rude!

As for the chunky boozing princesses I would like to mention that part of the reason Bea lost so much weight is that she does not drink alcohol anymore.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 02:54:19 am »

OMG I have never in my life read about a more boozy, undignified, low-class weeding reception !

But look at who he's marrying!

Who cares about the Bride!,

William obviously doesn't. I wonder how many hours Kate was smarting mad with anger that William behaved this way and not the way she had hoped.

Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2011, 03:30:44 am »

Mousie   -   ^  Low class all around, yes, the way PW shouted at her to stop the slow song ! Incredible. Whoever said Di brought this dumb brute up right was wrong IMO. Let him go live his sad life INEBRIATED for all I care, he is covering something BIG up IMHO.   thumbsdown

KF  -  ANY bride would be appalled. NO not that bride Lmao. You're right who cares about that bride. (KUG).   thumbsup
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2011, 03:57:37 am »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8485730/Royal-wedding-evening-guest-list.html

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2011, 04:32:30 am »

Whoever said Di brought this dumb brute up right was wrong IMO.

Diana made several crucial mistakes in her bringing up with William, mainly in that she brought him up in regards to PR, not substance. Then of course, not ensuring that he had a secondary female influence to ensure that if anything happened to her, he would have a second source of support; of course, Diana didn't think anything would happen to her, but then she landed in Paris...

Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2011, 09:08:03 pm »

Slip-ups and stuff PW did not to come out (DM says in its side story).

Figures the angora bolero came right off, as PC, Cams, PA and husband left at midnight. Ew those bony old man shoulders on Kug !

Arabella Musgrove and other catty women diss each others' outfits, and Chelsy's.

PW wore a thong his pals said ??  (omg)

Perpetual 18 year olds at 30.  Unreal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1382586/Royal-wedding-party-Slip-ups-downs-sambucca-slammers.html

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2011, 01:19:35 am »

So they danced close but not too close weird for someone just married.Harry twirled her around  hard,  oooh too bad she didn't spin like a top and spinned to the other room like a comedy.-lol- It sounded he  acted a bit too excited I don't know why since if Middleton goes down she's going to try to take the whole Royals' with her.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: