Royal Gossip
October 20, 2017, 10:47:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bums like this ARE invited to the royal wedding!  (Read 2272 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: April 27, 2011, 02:20:27 am »

Bums like this ARE invited to the royal wedding as fury erupts over snub to Brown and Blair while former Tory PMs get invites

Labour was at loggerheads with St James's Palace last night amid a growing row over a royal wedding day 'snub' to Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.

Whitehall sources revealed that ministers were not consulted by courtiers over a decision to exclude the two former Labour Prime Ministers from Friday's guest list.

Senior politicians on all sides are surprised at the move because both surviving former Conservative Prime Ministers, Baroness Thatcher and Sir John Major, as well as David Cameron, were invited to see Prince William and Kate Middleton tie the knot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1380915/ROYAL-WEDDING-2011-Kate-Middletons-uncle-Gary-Goldsmith-invited-Gordon-Brown-Tony-Blair-snubbed.html#ixzz1KgMCvRLE

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 12:54:57 pm »

I'm not a fan of Tony Blair or Gordon Brown but they were both PM's and if you're inviting the ones before him and their successor on Downing Street it sounds like a political snub indeed. Royals should avoid this kind of drama but of course that drama is Wills and Kate middle name...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 04:55:43 pm »

They invited only the ones that are Knight Of The Garter (which William is as well)

Plus Margret Thatcher has become close to the Queen over the years.

Also John Major was appointed a guardian to Prince William and Prince Harry with responsibility for legal and administrative matters.

They have actual ties to William.

Brown has none

Blair has been on the end of William's anger as Williams feels Blair has abused his Mother's memory in the past.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 05:09:21 pm »

Are the butcher or the starving girl members of the Order of the Garter?  I find this politically childish, peevish and arrogant (again).  Don't make enemies with senior politicians if you want to stay on your thrones.  If nothing else, it lacks dignity.  You don't lash out (Blair) at a time like this.  PW continues to disappoint.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 05:25:31 pm »

I am not condoning despite my *despise* of Blair and Brown - the only people I dislike more then the Midds - but explaining why these 2 PM's were invited and not the others.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 05:29:36 pm »

I understand, Mousie, where you were going.  It's just petty and bad ink, from where I sit.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 08:31:23 pm »

BFF2

But I can see where the Royals are coming from. Even though the Semi State not full State argument peeved me off and nearly had me shouting " Semi State does not exist!!!" at the news the other day.

danifaul
Countess

Sorry for the spelling errors..

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 08:59:50 pm »

Tony Blair  screaming and your book
''Prince William is apparently angry with ex Britain PM Tony Blair for mentioning their private conversations in his autobiography.
In the book , Blair claims William opened his heart to him in a series of conversations after Princess Diana's death.''
of course  bored3 Not Invited
--------
uncle Gary ,ex-Pimp and ex-Drug-dealer   X-Mas_rolleyes 'a new man'  ick

Goldsmith = whose internet blog claims: "I'm not royal but I should be!" -in 2009

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 09:23:48 pm »

Yeah, that's where I have my beef.  It's all 'semi-state' (whatEVER) when it's convenient, but it's childish and nonsensical when they want to shock, please whatever makes them look good, get even or make some idiotic point.  Politics is a part of this whether they like it or not.  It's everywhere and people, especially those with important roles, don't forget.  HM knew this all too well and they should have really culled this invitation list.

The starving girl really bothered me.  It's a shame, and she needs help,not an invitation to a wedding (I know, they're helping her), but what a precedent they're setting for all the oddballs out there.  Why not just help the girl privately instead of using it as a pr stunt, which, trust me it is.

The mishandling of this wedding should be published for every event person in the entire world on how NOT to run one.  They've broken the budget by a larger percentage than I've ever witnessed and I've seen some beauts, there is no cohesiveness or direction, there is no communication, there is no solid plan, and, to my knowledge, nobody is truly in charge and when a whim hits Wasty or somebody's head, they go on with it.  If this was a business, and this IS, it would fail.  The bean counters would be on the horn to the IRS in 2.1 seconds if I tried the stunts they've pulled.  OT, I know.

But, to somehow try and convince me that this is a semi-state affair and then invite every whosits to this thing, along with heads of royalty, intermixed with bartenders, butchers and yoga instructors is just plain insane, ill-advised, ill-planned and when the taxpayers get the final budget and I hope they do, their heads are going to spin.  I can already guarantee you that whatever drivel is being printed about the costs, double it.  Then add about $1M for safe measure.

My point is, invite whomever you please, but stop with the semi-state bullsh#t, and pay for it yourselves.  If they did that, there would be far less accountability and people might actually find this enjoyable albeit laughable.  But, if it's your dime, and it's your say.  And don't, please don't use a wedding for personal vendettas when you're in the public eye.  It's suicide, PW.  BELIEVE ME.

June
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 06:45:33 am »

Great post, Yooper, as usual. I post that often, don't I?  hide

As I stated elsewhere, if they were paying for the security themselves, this wedding would be PARED down to the extreme. That is what irks me. The standard lines of "oh, it's a private wedding" is making me incandescent with rage.  Angry  sauer  screaming Why? Because public money from all over the world is being used. If it's private, why do MY taxpayers' dollars have to pay for our PM, her live-in lover, the GG and her husband to attend this event in obscene luxury, whilst our citizens are awaiting the most brutal budget to come down in recent years.  sauer

The UK taxpayers are being CONNED - BIG TIME. Indirectly, you are paying for this wedding by reason that you are paying the lion's share: the security. It's just a re-shuffling of funds to the BRF's coffers, that's all.  bignono

The hypocrisy of the guest list is astounding: the Australian Prime Minister, an avowed republican is attending this wedding. It's embedded in the Australian Labor Party and the politicians (former PM, former Premier, current PM) have made NO SECRET of it at any and all opportunity. This includes THREE TIMES when William has visited (twice during one visit) and once when former PM, Kevin Rudd was in the UK. I was so embarrassed by their outbursts, because it is so ungracious - especially when a visiting guest of the Queen's homeland.  Embarrassed

And ... but the GG's daughter is married to one of the ALP's most prominent politicians, ergo, I'll bet that the GG herself is republican.  Lips Sealed This has been raised in the past - the question of her allegiance.

I understand WHY they were invited, but it is still, to my mind, very wrong and very manipulative. It won't stop Australia from becoming a republic. If this government gets another term, I predict a referendum BEFORE HM dies. That is how determined they are. In fact, I'll state that the only reason one hasn't been called is because we've had too many other urgent matters: proposed carbon tax, natural disasters, political uncertainty, recovery from global downturn, fiscal tightening, asylum seekers etc.

Nothing else has saved the Queen from being axed as Head of State in Oz. Mark my words.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 06:47:24 am by June » Logged
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 07:02:12 am »

Somewhere, June, and I'll be dam#ed if I can remember where, I looked it up and posted the Facts regarding the personal income vs the weight of the taxpayer.  The bottom line was that the good people of the UK are being taken for a financial ride.  They are fed a certain amount that is told to them that the monarchy costs, when, in fact, there is no transparency with the taxation of the BRF.  It's a hoax and I have absolutely no idea how to fix it, but if this was my country, I'd do what I did during the Viet Nam war and figure out what percentage was going towards it and withhold it, which I did.  Lots of bluff from the IRS, but, in the end, it was my right.  So, no harm done.

At some point, you have to stand up and find out the truth and figure out if you're ok with it.  If you are, fine.  If not, it's time for a change and change is not as simple as people think.  You have to have something to replace it with.  I truly believe that the people of the UK are a smart and far savvier people than we in the US may be and a revolution, however gentle, is coming.  I hope, because, from my accounting, they're being ripped off.  More than we are!  And that's saying something.

I'll be forthcoming.  I fall in the 33% tax bracket.  What that means is that a third of my adjusted gross income goes to the Feds.  The State of California is almost worse.  In the end, almost half of my income is shot, so what I do is give, donate, whatever I can to justify my consulting business.  I still end up getting hosed, but I gotta tell ya, after listening to all the information about the European situation, this was the one year I didn't *female dog*.  I was glad to pay it.  Why?  Because I have the right to vote an a$$hole out of office.  I have the right to question whatever my leader does.  I am allowed the right to know that my President works for ME.  That's something special.

I

June
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 12:35:45 pm »

Your taxation system is fairer than the one in Oz, I believe. We are amongst the highest taxed in the OECD, and that doesn't take into account our many hidden taxes. Believe me, they are vast and growing. From 1 July, we have to pay for the Qld floods via our taxes, yet the PM and GG have the audacity to swan around in London for this wedding, on our dollar.   screaming

33% tax bracket is considered average here - but then we don't pay an additional State tax directly. The States tax indirectly, per usage, mostly; for example, registration of motor vehicles, stamp duty etc. Most lump sum payments are taxed at 31.5%, regardless of tax bracket, because it is considered average. So, at the end of the financial year, you might get a refund or have to pay more. Our top bracket is close to 50%.  nervous

See, we have no Bill of Rights, so we can't challenge our laws, which makes protesting very difficult. As I said, time for the monarchy to go.

Good for you to withhold your income tax!  worship Like I said, in Oz, that would just land your with a huge tax bill, or even jail, depending on the intent and mechanism.  TCP baking cookies
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 05:46:49 pm »

The tax I withheld was due for only one reason - everybody got together and did pretty much the same thing.  Well, at least enough did it that to jail them was out of the question.  Besides, the demonstrations against the war were pounding the pavement so hard, the White House pictures fell off the walls.

As for the taxes in your part of the world, they'll get you however they can, whether they hide it in 'usage' taxes on my water bill, or gasoline, or the DMV.  But, in the end, we get to holler and protest and do everything we want other than threaten the life of any political SERVANT.  This whole wedding has, by invitations not sent to the right people, some sent to the wrong people, will haunt them later.  Of that, I have no doubt.  It's a huge mess and I applaud HM for bagging out asap.

This time tomorrow, however, this will all be over.  Thank God.  No more frantic and racing slugs for every Waisty Whim.  No more of everything, except the bill.  And it's gonna be a doozy.

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 02:56:35 am »

This wedding is going to end up sending the wrong message to the rest of the world. THere is no one attending who will bring jobs, prestige, good PR even, or even gloss the event over. There's no one who will hlep make it memorable and there's no one there that will bring any dignity to these proceedings.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: