Royal Gossip
November 21, 2017, 06:17:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elton John: British Media "Sucks" When It Comes to Royal Couple Coverage  (Read 2048 times)
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« on: April 25, 2011, 11:40:29 pm »

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/b238251_elton_john_british_media_sucks_when_it.html

He also says he has only met William and Harry twice.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 01:34:12 am »

IMO it's not about love it's about a distraction give them circus and bread.Yeah Elton give the SC advice X-Mas_rolleyes again another one that thinks Lazy is an innocent flower and the doesn't  know the ropes when it comes to the press.  TCP baking cookies

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 02:54:49 am »

I adore John Elton's music, well most of it, but he really shouldn't be commenting on something out of his element.  He lives in a star-spangled world of surrealness and always has.  He has a kind heart and for that I applaud him, but he has no sense of what is phony.  And, for that, I envy him, because I can spot it a mile away.  Is it better to be childlike and accept the fanciful belief that this is a match made in heaven and balloons are popping out of my a$$ or look at the reality and what it means to millions of people who will suffer under this shallowness, not only financially but emotionally?  I choose reality, Rocket Man.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 03:50:17 am »

Elton and others of his ilk live in this world where all it takes is the right time and a bit of luck, which isn't how the real world works, at all. he nad his ilk don't understand the concept of 'process,' and since they don't, they don't realize how Kate went about snapping him up, beginning with isolating him. Elton doesn't understand how things come about; like how a concert is set up, or how a business transaction takes place.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 03:54:16 am »

We are about to disagree, KF.  Elton may know nothing of the workings of this disastrous marriage, but, trust me, he knows how a concert is set up and how a business is set up.  On that, I have enough people who that one.  He's crazy, not stupid.

Not only that, but Elton is talented and, yeah, luck plays a certain role, but he is a very talented musician and should be accorded that honor.  A guest at a wedding of two fools?  No. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
June
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 03:59:44 am »

Great posts.  thumbsup

@ Yooper: I'm a huge fan of Elton's myself - the guy is a genius, along with his co-songwriter. His music has stood the test of time, with one of my all-time favourites being the tribute to John Lennon.

I think that he does live in the clouds though. Plus, he was a good friend of Diana's so that is no doubt clouding his judgment.

In any case, it's been a very long time since Elton had to actually do "real" work, so what would he know about our perception of Waity's shortcomings?  shifty His life is so gilded and lovely, he can afford to think that everything is "sugar and spice and all things nice."
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 04:03:26 am »

June - From my perspective, Elton thinks the best of everybody which always makes me suspicious of anyone, but I LOVE HIM anyway, and his music, so you and I are in accord.  He has zero idea of what the royal family does nor does he care, on that I agree as well, he's just all about being a good human being and to denegrate that is unnecessary.  He's just a good person.

That's more than I can say for those getting married that day.

June
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 04:17:47 am »

I'm not sure that Elton is innately good - remember his former tantrum throwing in that film?  blink Most likely he is very tolerant though, because he has faced discrimination. Plus, he seems very happy with David Furnish and now his gorgeous baby; combined with all his money and success, why shouldn't he be happy for others? His life is truly blessed, which I'm quite sure he has admitted to on more than one occasion.

Elton is not struggling financially, so he wouldn't understand the outrage the average citizen/resident does, taxpayer or not. That's my take on it. He might hold a different view if he struggled to take care of his child.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 04:33:48 am »

It's easy to attack the wealthy, or uber-wealthy, on grounds on not 'getting it', but I honestly can't throw Elton in this one.  There are far more losers who make equal or more than he who do not take the time to take care of humanitarian needs or deeply care.  I'm not saying the EJ is perfect; far from it, but of the mega-stars, he's one of the kindest.  At least he has proven that here in SoCal.  He works endlessly for Aids and gives, trust me, a lot of money for those less fortunate with no personal reward.  And that is all I can say on that subject.

June
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 05:17:45 am »

I wasn't attacking Elton, on the basis of his wealth or fame, or any other reason, to be clear, Yooper. I really respect him. And, I know that he does a LOT for AIDS, just like the late Elizabeth Taylor. On that note: AIDS is close to his heart and it just so happens that it is a cause that strikes a chord for many.

But, it just stands to reason, for me, and I was taught that we "speak from where we sit". It's easier to accept Gvt money being thrown around when one isn't on "struggle street" and that was my only point.  hug

But, it is on record, that Elton was very petulant in his younger days. I'm quite sure he has some exaggerated flaws, by reason of his exalted position, nevertheless.

The only public person I admire, the Hon Michael Kirby also does a great deal globally for humanitarian causes, and would never dream of throwing any kind of tantrum, or being ungracious - even to his detractors. MY bar is very high. Kirby was recently awarded the coveted Gruber Prize for justice. Michael Kirby is so kind and loving that he even forgave one politician who tried to destroy him under parliamentary privilege by using falsified documents.  blink
June
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 05:31:23 am »

Timed out: just want to add that my father personally knows the politician who was instrumental in saving Kirby's career.

I don't think Michael Kirby is perfect, or above criticism, either ... for a start he's a our most eminent monarchist!   tehe  TCP baking cookies  Tongue
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 05:35:33 am »

OH!  JUNE!  I wasn't referring to you in any way, shape, or form.  No.

And, for the record, Elton's had his 'temperamental' stage and probably still does.  I don't idolize the dude at all; just admire some of his music.  My remarks were not intended to be directed to you in any way, shape or form.  I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.

June
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 05:40:06 am »

No worries - I wasn't offended!  loveshower But I didn't want you to think I was being spiteful toward Elton over his success.  hug He does give back, and that is very noble indeed; he should be given his due.

I admit to idolising Michael Kirby, but I don't have rose-coloured glasses on either. But he is a great Australian and the most gracious man I've ever known, from what I know.  blink Honestly, I wonder if Kirby chucks tantrums at home - nobody could be that gracious at all times.

Ok, sorry for being off-topic ... I'll cease now.  flirt
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 05:42:56 am »

Adorable (((June)))).

Don't EVER get me started on John Lennon.  Ever.  You are warned.

June
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 05:49:06 am »

aww Ok, I won't get started, I promise.  Kiss
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 06:04:55 am »

For June:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeWIMYVKbLE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: