Royal Gossip
November 19, 2017, 02:50:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess of Wessex: The Perfect Royal Wife?  (Read 55881 times)
Stargazer
courtier

« Reply #340 on: May 12, 2017, 04:15:20 pm »

Apart from HM the only person with the x factor in the RF is Hazza. Sophie is ok, then you've got Camzilla, Waity and possibly Meg. Not much of a choice with the women...
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #341 on: May 13, 2017, 04:39:06 am »

The Heir is supposed to be the focus, after the Sovereign and that is how it is and should be. As for a star, the Windsors had Diana, but that ended up in a mess and now women don't need a prince to someone in their own right. They don't need Charles to be a celebrity or even noticed.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Val
Princess

« Reply #342 on: May 13, 2017, 07:35:20 am »

^

People have either got that magic star quality or they haven't, it can't be copied.  None of the remaining Royal women have it although they try.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #343 on: May 13, 2017, 07:53:15 am »

I do think that the main problem is that they do try instead of being themselves. If Sophie did her duties and ran her household without trying to launch herself, I am certain that she would be run-on-the-mill royalty and she would be respected and the BRF wouldn't be getting into so many scandals. I believe that it's a shame that royals do cohabit; I dislike it because the ones who do want to cohabit will in fact be the users and impossible to dislodge. I do believe that there won't be a classy royal star for a long time and it won't come from the BRF.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #344 on: May 13, 2017, 08:05:37 am »

The one thing that the BRF learnt from Diana is that they do NOT need a star or want one - other than the monarch themselves.

Even the way they are using the term 'Team Windsor' as those who are to step up to take on Philip's charities etc shows you that they are a 'team' and not an 'individual'.

The US needs stars but to the British it is all about the 'team' and that is how the BRF want to portray themselves - as a team - without one star who will outshine the others.
india
Princess

« Reply #345 on: May 13, 2017, 11:48:56 am »

They may think they have a team but they don't. What they have with Billy Boy Medd, Council Cath and Hazza with his Meghan mess is one embarrassing disaster after another.
Val
Princess

« Reply #346 on: May 13, 2017, 02:28:53 pm »

^

There is no way the Monarchy can survive with that lot.  They are the Republican's secret weapon and to think that I was once the staunchest of Monarchists.  Its no surprise that Sophie is considered far superior then.
india
Princess

« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2017, 03:16:27 pm »

^Absolutely Val!!!
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #348 on: May 13, 2017, 09:24:28 pm »

The one thing that the BRF learnt from Diana is that they do NOT need a star or want one - other than the monarch themselves.

The BRF THOUGHT they did not want Diana the Star.  But they shot themselves in the foot with running her off.   They did need someone like her.   The queen is in a category by herself, but Charles doesn't relate to the average person and has no charisma or glamour.  And, yes, that is important in the 21st century.  Diana could have held the monarchy together after the queen's death.   Camilla certainly cannot.   Diana would have held William and Harry's feet to the fire and she would have made sure they married suitable women.   So the next generation would have been much better off had she lived and been the queen consort.   

There is no one to hold it together when the queen goes, and certainly not Sophie Rhys-jones.
india
Princess

« Reply #349 on: May 13, 2017, 09:30:38 pm »

Better Sophie than the treasonous Council Cath.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #350 on: May 13, 2017, 10:02:43 pm »

Anyone's better than council cath but I agree Sophie would do a good job if Charles side lines her and Edward he's a fool... even if he pushes the lazies to work more they are so useless that they actually make matters worse.. they're damned if they do and damned  if they don't
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #351 on: May 17, 2017, 03:49:09 am »

None of them are superior to anyone.  Except the Queen.   

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #352 on: May 17, 2017, 04:17:38 am »

I think she forgets her place, her real place in the pecking order and I hope Charles brings her in line and orders her to downsize her lifestyle. Frankly, she had no business mouthing off to him and I do wonder if she will in fact be told that her services will no longer be welcomed or needed and she will start keeping her mouth shut and stop doing cloying interviews. None of these royal women have any business trying to compete with either HM or Charles to be the nation's darling. HM first and foremost and Charles should always come second and then the rest should work and stay out of trouble. I am certain that the media pandering needs to put a stop to and if Sophie starts smarting back at him Charles should strip her of her HRH. Certainly it's not like she has any business trying to build her own press faction and has no business grubbing about. Any kind of play against Charles is out of line, end of story.

marion
Duchess

« Reply #353 on: May 17, 2017, 06:50:41 am »

^^And in the eyes of God everyone is of equal value so ER is not superior to anyone
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #354 on: May 19, 2017, 04:01:58 pm »

Bottoms up! Countess of Wessex samples pint of ale at Devon County Show
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/806392/countess-of-wessex-pint-ale-beer-devon-county-show-prince-edward-royals

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: