Royal Gossip
June 19, 2018, 07:25:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess of Wessex: The Perfect Royal Wife?  (Read 66407 times)
Little light
Countess

« Reply #360 on: December 01, 2017, 09:29:08 pm »

I like the style of coat but the colour seems too pale for her. It's as if it I should draining the colour from her face.

CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #361 on: December 02, 2017, 03:53:02 am »

While Sophie isn't my most favorite Royal I do very much prefer her to Waity and Megs
Little light
Countess

« Reply #362 on: December 02, 2017, 12:34:18 pm »

I completely agree.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #363 on: December 02, 2017, 09:27:47 pm »

ITA and she doesn't great every engagement as a fashion parade.
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #364 on: December 02, 2017, 09:30:11 pm »

I agree

Barnabe et Kitty...
Little light
Countess

« Reply #365 on: December 02, 2017, 10:50:06 pm »

One of the few things that annoy me about her is when the newspapers go on about her being HM's favourite. And I know this might be paper talk anyway.

Mind you with KM, Camz and now MM, there's not much to choose between them.

So she is probably more liked/tolerated by HM.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #366 on: December 04, 2017, 05:00:00 pm »

^ Sophie had that last article about her Safe Pair of Hands put in the DM right before the engagement announcement.  Now it will be fun to see how she copies Meggles.   When Kate married in, Sophie grew out her hair, wore pony tails, decided to hit hockey pucks, etc.   When Harry was dating Cressida, Sophie put scrunchies in her hair.   What will she choose to copy from Meggles?  Oh, the fun of it all!!    easter-James
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #367 on: December 05, 2017, 02:58:55 am »

Sophie has a real problem not being the 'youngest' Royal woman.  Tongue
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #368 on: December 25, 2017, 07:45:38 pm »

She looked ridiculous today.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #369 on: December 26, 2017, 03:19:27 am »

I can't find a picture her today.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #370 on: December 26, 2017, 10:58:36 am »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/news/2017/12/25/TELEMMGLPICT000149964797_1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqgAVVLDuigOMTJEj7-zptW76v4A2FBc0yBQ8FweGZIus.jpeg?imwidth=450 massively overdressed
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #371 on: December 26, 2017, 11:07:31 am »

^She managed to be over dressed and under dressed at the same time, considering the temperature and event.  I've never seen anyone do that before.  Yep.  Ridiculous is the right word.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #372 on: December 26, 2017, 01:47:03 pm »

^ Well put, can't believe someone manages to be over- and underdressed at the same time! Yikes, what an outfit.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #373 on: December 26, 2017, 03:30:22 pm »

But this is Sophie.   She has always been ridiculous.   She had to do something to draw attention to herself, so she rode with the Queen on Sunday -- hasn't done that in years -- to remind us all that she is the Queen's favorite (as if anyone really cares).   And then she wears that ridiculous outfit yesterday knowing that people will at least comment negatively.  After all, negative attention is better than no attention.

And notice -- yet again! -- that she is not walking with her husband, her daughter or her son.   Nope.  All back there by herself, to try to get attention on herself.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #374 on: December 26, 2017, 03:37:24 pm »

^ I too am sure that she was trying to grab some attention. There are younger (Waity, Eug, Bea) and newer members (Murkle), members who are growing up and stealing limelight (incl Louise!), and those further up the ladder who'll always get some space in the papers (Camz).
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #375 on: March 22, 2018, 06:46:31 pm »

Countess of Wessex commissions a terminally ill photographer, 24, to take her new portrait - as he battles cancer caused by a condition that makes his skin blister at the slightest touch

The Countess of Wessex invited a young photographer battling terminal cancer to take her latest portrait, as part of a campaign to raise £500K to find a cure for his condition.

Sophie, 53, invited aspiring photographer James Dunn, 24, from Liverpool who has the skin condition Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB), to take her photo at Buckingham Palace last month.

The royal is patron of the charity DEBRA, which supports people suffering from the condition that causes skin to blister and tear at the slightest touch.

James is battling terminal cancer caused by the skin condition, and has lost part of his left arm, but is devoted to raising awareness of the disease.

The Countess said: 'As Royal Patron of the charity DEBRA I was delighted to help James pursue his passion for photography.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5532465/Countess-Wessex-commissions-terminally-ill-photographer.html#ixzz5AVMdmQxq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #376 on: March 22, 2018, 08:10:48 pm »

I think Sophie will have HM's favor since she's the least scandal ridden of the recent royal consorts and that counts for something.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #377 on: March 23, 2018, 01:27:36 am »

^ It counts for a lot. She does her job happily with grace and class. No petulance and weird gesticulating. She knows her stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: